Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ...
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...+Dawn&cn=Strut

You're staying where you are with ArP because you expect to get one of those trinkets? Are ya using ArP food? I'm not on my home computer so I can't offer much advice atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strut View Post
    I'm currently gemmed all arp save one dragon's eye and 2 agi/crit gems. I am trying to tweak my gear for more dps and also assuming I'm going to get either the ilvl 271 sharpened twilight scale or heroic DBW shortly. I have 1347 arp currently, but only 71 hit, so I think I'm going to change both agi/crit gems into 20 hit gems. Are there any other places where I could regem or change gear around to increase my crit chance so I don't cap myself because of the low hit/expertise? I can't post a link to my armory, but I am Strut - US Argent Dawn. Thanks in advance for any comments!
    First of all you should get rid of mongoose, since they nerfed it a while ago. Berserking, black magic and executioner beat it handily in most cases now. Since you're fairly high on haste, BM wouldnt work so well, so go with berserking.

I think you would perform best if you move the nightmare tear to the yellow socket in your chest, move a 20arpen gem from the yellow socket in your gloves to your neck, and put 20hit in the yellow sockets in your gloves and belt. With 4.4% avoided attacks and 72.4% crit, you're right at the crit cap, and with 1387 you're as close you can get to the arpen cap without going over it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    and with 1387 you're as close you can get to the arpen cap without going over it as well.
    This is something I've wondered about, how much are the last points of ArP to cap worth.
    How close is it worth going or how far over vs other gem options.

Is a ArP/Stam gem worth it for your meta blue(when you have hit yellows already) if you can get that last 10 ArP to cap exactly.

Basically, in near top end gear, what's the stat weighting per point of the last 20 points of ArP vs haste/agi/str. Hard to quantify accurately with the sliding scale of ArP worth increasing towards the last points.

Deleted
    other stats always stay relatively close, so that if you're a JC you will never want to use puissant dreadstones (since with the proper combination of dragon's eyes you can always get closer than 1390). if youre not a jc, then a puissant dreadstone might be usable, but it's still not very likely (only saw like 1 or 2 such profiles in all the chars i reviewed in my thread). you'd have to be at exactly 1390, and very close to hit/exp/crit caps as well.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-09-03 at 11:33 PM.

First of all you should get rid of mongoose, since they nerfed it a while ago. Berserking, black magic and executioner beat it handily in most cases now. Since you're fairly high on haste, BM wouldnt work so well, so go with berserking.

I think you would perform best if you move the nightmare tear to the yellow socket in your chest, move a 20arpen gem from the yellow socket in your gloves to your neck, and put 20hit in the yellow sockets in your gloves and belt. With 4.4% avoided attacks and 72.4% crit, you're right at the crit cap, and with 1387 you're as close you can get to the arpen cap without going over it as well.
    Thanks Mihir, I switched the gems around to get better coverage. I dropped down to 1347 arp, but if I get a Halion trinket, I'll probably have to change things up again. Once I get a new weapon I can switch my enchant, but I use this one for dual tanking and dps currently. What is a good haste value to consider black magic?

Deleted
    Pretty much when you get rid of the haste trinket, and get close to the hit/exp caps.

lemme ask one more noob question, is haste of any use to us? I saw Herkuml War Totem in BiS lists, Black Magic is supposed to be best enchant... I got lost this very moment, because haste only affects our melee swing time which already is low;p

Edit: Ok I found answer at EJ, but my new question is, if I use Needle Encrusted Scorpion trinket (Banner of Victory as second trinket) and I'm at 648 ArPen (which is ~46%) should I go for Black Magic enchant already or stick to Berserking?
    Last edited by Huggykaze; 2010-09-05 at 03:16 PM. Reason: typo

My understanding of things was black magic is only good at very high gear levels. I'd stick with berserking if you're still using a softcap trinket.

Haste buffs your melee damage, which equates to around 35% of your overall damage with ArP focused sets. Hitting faster also gets you more clearcasting procs.

Yep I wanna get more ArPen before going BM after thinking it through....

hello here

i did not see that nerf to mongoose, when was it done and how did they nerfed it ?

i think, i'm gona take a quick detour by your "fix my dps gear" thread (as soon as i am in dps gear on armory ^^)
    Last edited by Nassam; 2010-09-22 at 01:39 PM.

It was a stealth nerf I think, rather than giving 2% haste it gives what would have been 2% haste at lvl 70 I think...

Deleted
    We are loaded with atk power. So Beserking seems kinda silly compared to Mongoose imo. Even in its current form Mongoose beats the other chants if your cat...imo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nassam View Post
    hello here

i did not see that nerf to mongoose, when was it done and how did they nerfed it ?

i think, i'm gona take a quick detour by your "fix my dps gear" thread (as soon as i am in dps gear on armory ^^)
    It used to give 2% "physical haste" regardless of level. physical haste meant that it was separate from normal haste rating on gear and multiplied with it, making it a lot more than 2% in most cases. Now they nerfed it to be 30 haste rating, which equals to 2% normal haste at lvl70, but only 1.1% at lvl80.

thx for the explanation