15+ Year Old Account

leveling with smite...

so kinda getting Bord of lvling my shadow priest
    (lvl 53 UD)
    was thinking of going with a spec like this (fix if need)

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9868

im trap in this bullshit this routine of life. they build us all up just to tear us all down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit
    "its like my tongue on LSD"

Re: leveling with smite...

stay Shadow
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyshh
    stay Shadow

^ That

15+ Year Old Account

but its so boring :'(
    im trap in this bullshit this routine of life. they build us all up just to tear us all down.

Yeah shadow is better but I too went lolsmite for a few levels out of boredum.

Your spec looks fine for it, but I'd suggest getting inner focus instead of that one point in improved: power word shield. Grab glyph of smite if you can and have fun, just expect to drink a lot.

Tbh I had the same problem...
    Some may call me crazy fot saying this but I find disc incredibly funny to lvl and very mana efficient.
    Yeah it's true, you regain mana while being shadow but I havent used water since lvl 45, except once or twice in an instance. And in shadow, 1/2 of your dots doesnt tick out before the mob is dead...

It's a thing of personal taste, but if youre interested armory me
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...om&n=Gravelust
    You are the harbringer of death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their end.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rykin
    Yeah shadow is better but I too went lolsmite for a few levels out of boredum.

Your spec looks fine for it, but I'd suggest getting inner focus instead of that one point in improved: power word shield. Grab glyph of smite if you can and have fun, just expect to drink a lot.

ya i mean VT MB MF till dead...gets boring fast little to easy for me

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Graverot1991
    Tbh I had the same problem...
    Some may call me crazy fot saying this but I find disc incredibly funny to lvl and very mana efficient.
    Yeah it's true, you regain mana while being shadow but I havent used water since lvl 45, except once or twice in an instance. And in shadow, 1/2 of your dots doesnt tick out before the mob is dead...

It's a thing of personal taste, but if youre interested armory me
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...om&n=Gravelust
    Actually the only thing that shadow gains mana from is Spirit Tap. And that is available to every priest (and every priest, even if leveling holy/disc SHOULD skill it, even after the spirit nerf it still helps alot with downtime).

Come level 66 there is shadowfiend which benefits from the 2 minutes less CD as shadow, and at 70 you'll get dispersion. But before that, it doesn't really matter if you level as shadow. Yeah, Mindflay is dirtcheap, but Smite and Holy Fire offer a lot more burst.

In the end shadow might (and probably will) still be a bit faster, but I can see Holy/Disc being a lot more fun (I leveled 70-75 as disc, then mindsear took me back to the dark side ).
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Actually the only thing that shadow gains mana from is Spirit Tap. And that is available to every priest (and every priest, even if leveling holy/disc SHOULD skill it, even after the spirit nerf it still helps alot with downtime).
    Your incorrect, don't forget about replenishment and dispersion (much later in the tree as you have said) two tools an Spriest has that are very helpful to lvling.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    In the end shadow might (and probably will) still be a bit faster, but I can see Holy/Disc being a lot more fun (I leveled 70-75 as disc, then mindsear took me back to the dark side ).
    It really comes down to time management. It's more or less about how fast you can kill plus the time to regen spent mana. With Disc/Holy your regen is faster through higher spirit but the killing is slower, which means you take more damage, which requires more healing, more mana regen, and more time spent on one mob. I can't think of a gear set or talent spec of disc/holy what could gain to kill faster that would not benifit more as a pure shadow spec. Either of the trees mana regen isn't a problem in a solo environment. But also as you have said it should be more about fun vs efficiency. If your goal is to get to 80 faster Shadow all the way. If you enjoy questing and time is of no concern it really doesn't matter what spec you use. I'm sure if that's the case the op can use no talent points at all and get to 80 eventually...

Smite spec is very effective for levelling if you pick up the Holy Fire glyph, at least before you can pick up Shadowform. After that, it is really down to preference. Once you have Spirit Tap, you should not have a huge issue with mana regeneration, at least if you have a couple of pieces of gear with Spirit on it. If you prefer Smiting to melting faces, then go for it. Even if Shadow is a bit faster at levelling, it will feel longer if you don't enjoy it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Your spec is okay. But like Rykin said, take Inner Focus before grabbing Improved Power Word: Shield. You can live one more level without 5% absorption, but Inner Focus will save you some mana.

Take Glyph of Smite, Renew, and PW:Shield.

Also, if you ever decide to heal dungeons, I strongly recommend taking Improved Healing over Holy Reach. Otherwise, what you have is fine.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

15+ Year Old Account

well in solo i seem to have to mana ones ever 20 mins or so and i seem to have more burst so on normel mobs i kill at same speed and healing have to mana every 4 or 5 polls(tho we were polling big groups in BRD.

Hey, i have a 68 priest i want to get to 80

my questen isent about spec i looked into the to topics here and i want to level whit smite.

But i have a gear question i have the boa staff/shoulders and both tinkets, but would my old Darkmoon blue dragon tinket be better then the haste one?

alsow what stats would i look for in prioty when i chance gear, yeah i havet been playing it for a very long time you can see my gear here http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...netotem&n=Eedd