Shadow Priest DPS Glyphs...

Hey has anyone else been a little frustrated with Shadow priest glyphs? I mean there are only four major glyphs for shadow on the first place and none of them are really what you would call good... Ive been looking at some other classes glyphs and they actually really improve abilities to way more of a point then shadow priest glyphs do. The cooldown reductions can be nice but I feel like we could get alot more out of them. Tell me what you guys think and if you agree with me.

Thanks in advance, and maybe we can get some attention from blizzard about it if you think it's a big deal.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Shadow Priest DPS Glyphs...

SW:P Glyph is awesome.
    Shadow Glyph is ok too.
    Mindflay is just bad because you NEED it but it does jack for dps. MF should have 30 yard range unglyphed FFS.
    SW Glyph is rather bad because SW is bad.
    Mindsear Glyph: meh, 20% more damage like rogues FoK glyph would be better.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

They are fine. Too many good glyphs just makes it harder to choose from. You only get three slots anyway.

They should fix Glyph of Psychic Scream. It's positively useless.

WTB more holy dps beneficial glyphs

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Shadow Glyph is ok too.
    Mindflay is just bad because you NEED it but it does jack for dps. MF should have 30 yard range unglyphed FFS.
    I have to agree with the above...

SW:P is an awesome glyph, it gives quite a large dps, there is no need to qq about this one.

Glyph of Shadow is pretty decent too however with uld itemisation I believe that we won't have nearly as much spirit as we did for the first tier of content. The effectiveness of this glyph is going to diminish severely and I think for that reason it would be nice to have some alternatives. For example i've spec'd out of spirit tap to pick up some threat reduction and imp VE and i've already lost about 100 spirit in uld gear upgrades... it would be nice to be able to swap this glyph out for something else.

The mindflay glyph is bad... MF (while our worst dps spell) is our highest damage spell and we have to use a major glyph to be able to use it in a raid setting. I'd prefer the base MF spell to be the glyph version and for the glyph to be what the current base version is. That way you could choose to have a 50% snare on your MF for a 10yd range penalty which is something you might consider for PvP.

So while i'm not exactly qq'ing about our range of major glyphs it would be nice to be presented with more of a choice. The game is about choice, what gear setup do I want, what enchants do I want, what gems do I want, what spells do I want to cast and we should have the choice about what glyphs do I want... as it stands there is no choice.

Agreed on the MF Glyph. To have to consume a major glyph slot just to have the same range as other ranged DPS doesn't make sense.

MF glyph is the worst Major Glyph ever. They could have added +3% damage on top of it, then it'd suck less.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    MF glyph is the worst Major Glyph ever. They could have added +3% damage on top of it, then it'd suck less.
    Indeed. I'd be perfectly OK with it being a minor glyph (like say, oh, deathknights have for one of their major aoe tanking spells, pestilence, +5 yard as a minor glyph).
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I can agree that the MF glyph is bad, BUT compared to the other glyphs there really is nothing else to choose between, and i would also have 1 of our basic spells to have a longer range. But in a raid setting, due to how things are atm, the extra range from this glyph is pretty good.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie
    I can agree that the MF glyph is bad, BUT compared to the other glyphs there really is nothing else to choose between, and i would also have 1 of our basic spells to have a longer range. But in a raid setting, due to how things are atm, the extra range from this glyph is pretty good.
    Pretty good? More like pretty much required.

It is mandatory really, i remember having problems fighting na'jentus in BT due to the fact i got put on the side with a ledge (opposite where you come in), and i had to mess around with positioning so much because i had to be a certian distance away (cus MF was shit) but i would always drop off the edge to get close enough and then i would be out of LoS of my healer. I mean c'mon, it was redicolous, and the fact we have to waste a mjor glyph slot just isn't right.

Another example was Prince, i mean, how many other RANGED classes had to run away at the enfeeble.....

I remember people saying it was lame, and would never be used in a PvE enviroment. They also said the same for Improved Shadowform.

Of course, that was players who never did Sunwell. Then they claimed it would never be necessary in WotLK either.

I guess they were wrong.

Blizz should just give MF the permanent range increase (oh noes now we'll have the same range as everyone else!) and delete the glyph of MF so at least I can use glyph of mind sear.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Shadow Glyph is ok too.
    SW Glyph is rather bad because SW is bad.
    Mindsear Glyph: meh, 20% more damage like rogues FoK glyph would be better.
    indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I remember people saying it was lame, and would never be used in a PvE enviroment. They also said the same for Improved Shadowform.

Of course, that was players who never did Sunwell. Then they claimed it would never be necessary in WotLK either.

I guess they were wrong.
    Hey, hey, whoa now, that's just uncalled for. Although I don't remember if I ever said anything about Improved Shadowform.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~