Thread: Art of War

Art of War

Can someone post a macro for AoW to self cast with out untargeting my current target. Secondly is there a mouse over macro for AoW procs where I can heal an ally by simply hovering the mouse over them? Thanks

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Art of War

hmm.. cant remember it very good. thought it was:

/cast Flash heal [target=player]

then if you dont have a target, you cast it on yourself. if you do have a friendly player targeted, you cast it on him.

not 100% sure if this is the right code for it, so correct me if im wrong

this is the same i use for my SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelpso
    Can someone post a macro for AoW to self cast with out untargeting my current target. Secondly is there a mouse over macro for AoW procs where I can heal an ally by simply hovering the mouse over them? Thanks
    Just enable selfcast and press the button for FoL after AoW procs às long you targed an enemy you will cast it on yourself
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

15+ Year Old Account

or make a macro

/target (insert your name)
    /cast flash of light
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    or make a macro

/cast flash of light
    Yes but that makes you lose your current target and target yourself.

Best way is to enable automatic self casting, I don't see why it's not on by default?
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    or make a macro

/cast flash of light
    you lose your target this way

/cast [target=YourNameHere] Flash of Light

Self-heal AoW:

/cast [target="INSERT YOUR CHARS NAME"] Flash of Light
    /cancelcast

Mouseover AoW:

/cast [target=mouseover] Flash of Light
    /cancelcast

The /cancelcast line makes the macro only work if you have instant flashes (AKA when under AoW).
    Join Amicus, 10man progression raiding, but on a respectable 2day schedule!

Thanks for the fast responses guys. At work now gonna try it out later. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzlebeard
    /cast [target=mouseover] Flash of Light
    /cancelcast
    Something that might be better to use is:

/cast [target=mouseover, exists] Flash of Light; Flash of Light

What this does is when you press the button, it casts FoL on your mouseover target, but if you don't have one, it casts FoL on you.

Also, would /cast [target=mouseover, exists] Flash of Light; [target=target, exists] Flash of Light; [target=YOURNAMEHERE] Flash of Light
    work? As in, if you have a mouseover target, it casts on them, if not then it casts on your target, if you don't have a target then it casts on you.

I do it by overloading my DPS buttons. For example, I use

Code:
    /cast [modifier:ctrl, target=PLAYER] Flash of Light; Divine Storm
    This does Divine Storm or heals myself depending whether it's a normal button push or ctrl-push. I could do what the OP is requesting in a single macro while still overloading my DPS button:

Code:
    /cast [modifier:ctrl, target=PLAYER] Flash of Light; [modifier:alt, target=mouseover] Flash of Light; Divine Storm
    Adds another modifier to do a mouseover heal.

Mouseover heals are, at least for me, very unreliable. Chances are too much stuff is going on to reliably hit the mouseover target I want to hit. I just click my raid frames to heal other people.

edit: you might have to unbind whatever ctrl+number keys are bound by default.

edit again: adding a /stopcasting line after the above line will ensure you don't stop autoattacking to cast a non-instant FoL. I actually use the button to spam FoL on myself sometimes though, so I prefer just to manually track my AoW procs (with an addon, of course).

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

15+ Year Old Account

Since its on topic...

Quote Originally Posted by My Macros
    #showtooltip Flash of Light
    /cast [help,target=targettarget,nodead] Flash of Light
    /cast Flash of Light
    Casts FoL on your Target's Target (i.e. Tank) without deselecting your Current target.... only problem I have is that it will always Target your Target's Target, even when they are friendlies. : / Anyone know how to fix that part? If so it would be very nice to have

Or just press and holy ALT as you press the flash of light key. ALT is the default self cast button, keeps your current target, but casts the spell on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Since its on topic...

Casts FoL on your Target's Target (i.e. Tank) without deselecting your Current target.... only problem I have is that it will always Target your Target's Target, even when they are friendlies. : / Anyone know how to fix that part? If so it would be very nice to have
    The problem with targettarget macros for what you want to do is that many bosses target someone other than whoever is winning at threat to cast certain abilities. If you absolutely must use a macro for it, use [target=focus] instead and just focus the tank.

The better solution is just to click on your raid frames to heal. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkalibur
    Or just press and holy ALT as you press the flash of light key. ALT is the default self cast button, keeps your current target, but casts the spell on you.
    Ok ok..

1 = Judge
    2 = DS
    3 = CS
    Q = Exorcism
    Ctrl-Q = Holy Wrath
    E = Consecration
    4 = Seal
    5 = Repentence
    6 or click on raid frames = cleanse me or my target
    7 = HoW/HoJ macro (also on a mouse button)
    Other mouse button = Bubble/HoF macro
    ` = Avenging Wrath
    z = mount macro
    x = divine plea/torrent macro

Where do you suggest I bind these extra buttons I'd need to alt-press to cast my heals without doing gymnastics with my left hand?

Instead, I overload my DPS buttons (1, 2, 3, Q, E, mouse button) as I mentioned a couple posts above. Everything I normally use is within easy reach of my left hand. Fun times.

15+ Year Old Account

I dont see why you dont just enable "Auto Self cast" when you want it casted on yourself.

Does not remove your target, and is the most efficent way to handle it.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala
    The problem with targettarget macros for what you want to do is that many bosses target someone other than whoever is winning at threat to cast certain abilities. If you absolutely must use a macro for it, use [target=focus] instead and just focus the tank.

The better solution is just to click on your raid frames to heal. IMO.
    No, I want the spell to hit the Boss's target, but only cast on a Friendly when selecting a Friendly and the Friendly's target.

And I run into Focus problems when I have to use Repent, Turn Evil, or some other feature.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala
    Q = Exorcism
    How ironic, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ewhenn
    How ironic, lol.
    lol. Didn't even realize...

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    No, I want the spell to hit the Boss's target, but only cast on a Friendly when selecting a Friendly and the Friendly's target.

And I run into Focus problems when I have to use Repent, Turn Evil, or some other feature.
    Ok, and that's why I'm suggesting raid frame clicking to heal.

Buuuut... I believe this will do what you're asking

Code:
    /cast [help] flash of light; [target=targettarget] Flash of Light
    If your target is friendly it should heal your target. If not, it'll heal your target's target. I can't interpret what else you might mean by "only cast on a friendly when selecting a friendly and the friendly's target" Note: I can't log in at the moment to test if it works.