15+ Year Old Account

Using 2 piece t8 worth losing a few stats over t7.5 as ShadowPVE?

So I got t8 shoulders yesterday to accompany my t8 gloves. I for one really think the 2piece bonus is sweet. But I am losing something like 3-4% haste and hit (which I would make up for using the neruber wand instead of plague igniter) when I use the 10man t8 pieces instead of my 25man t7.5 pieces.

Is having 15% more DP damage worth losing a few percent of haste? I come down from ~11% to 8% so I would then have to rely on the shaman 5% haste totem to get to the softcap for 2MFs again.

Opinions? Math? Would be appreciated.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Re: Using 2 piece t8 worth losing a few stats over t7.5 as ShadowPVE?

I am no expert on shadow (holy / disc here ) but i think u could give them a try on dummy / few heroics / pug a naxx10 or smt to see how they both behave in a raid environment (if the xtra dmg from DP is enough to make up for that haste , eve if u don;t have a shammy etc).

EDIT : maths & theorycrafting are gd but seeing what suits u better is best imo same with healing (i've pretty much sacrificed some haste for max sp , so i'm healing every1 with 1 button , so i don't rly miss that haste.... )

no

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Both T8 shoulders and gloves are ranked higher (without the set bonus) than T7.5 counterparts... the shoulders are a bit more blury due to the hit but if you make the hit up elsewhere (which you would have to) you are better off...

Therefore the set bonus doesn't even factor into it... even without it those are upgrades.

Deleted

T8 Bonus:
    2Pc - 110dps = 72PP that means we get 36PP on every item we wear to get the 2Pc bonus.

# 3 Valorous Mantle of Sanctification - Thorim (Ulduar 10) + Runed Scarlet Ruby
    169.73|205.73|208.23 = 83+60*0.21+46*0.21+57*0.71+19+5

#13 Valorous Mantle of Faith – Loatheb (Naxx 25)/60 emblem of valor + Runed Scarlet Ruby
    141.47(195.18) = 78+57*0.21+50*0.65+19+41*1.31

taken from shadowpriest.com bis list.

the numbers in bold are the ones you want to look at. and it looks like you have a 10PP upgrade.

15+ Year Old Account

Thanks for the answers. I was kinda worried that going under 11% haste would affect my dps negatively but if the individual pieces are higherranked than my old naxx ones even without the setbonus I will wear them off course

You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

10 man ulduar is a higher ilvl than 25 naxx except for a few items off KT and the saph/maly quest necks:
    10naxx 200
    25naxx 213
    10uld 219
    KT,Maly,Sarth2d 226
    25uld 226
    barring the ulduar weapons and hardmode items those are the itemlevels of the loot.

So it is a good assumption that ulduar gear is better or equivalent to what you have, unless you were already BiS from 25man raids with 226 gear or the stat distribution happens to be poor on the items. Generally higher itemlevel = more stats = better, many exceptions to this occur though. The only reason the t7.5 shoulders are valued so high is because of the hit which you can make up elsewhere.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Girryn
    10 man ulduar is a higher ilvl than 25 naxx except for a few items off KT and the saph/maly quest necks:
    10naxx 200
    25naxx 213
    10uld 219
    KT,Maly,Sarth2d 226
    25uld 226
    barring the ulduar weapons and hardmode items those are the itemlevels of the loot.

So it is a good assumption that ulduar gear is better or equivalent to what you have, unless you were already BiS from 25man raids with 226 gear or the stat distribution happens to be poor on the items. Generally higher itemlevel = more stats = better, many exceptions to this occur though. The only reason the t7.5 shoulders are valued so high is because of the hit which you can make up elsewhere.
    you missed the point

Also the 2p bonus is worth 72pp itself. So yes, 2p bonus is made of win.