Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: *Healing Bonus Ulduar +/-*

Yeah i know Ulduar 10 is Easy, but Ive never healed anything besides kara.
    Kara -> Ulduar 10 gear aside is quite a jump.
    Only difference between 10 and 25 man is more damage, but then you also have more healers.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    Yeah i know Ulduar 10 is Easy, but Ive never healed anything besides kara.
    Kara -> Ulduar 10 gear aside is quite a jump.
    Only difference between 10 and 25 man is more damage, but then you also have more healers.
    i've healed pretty much MC onwards, and i can tell you the only difference between the raids is that you can't be the hero... you have to rely on the other healers, the dps moving and the tank using cooldowns... however, the healing is basically the same...
    It's just a game.

It's all about skill. If you know how to play a priest you can get by with sub-par gear. I would definitely say all epics though as you need the mana pool and regen. I am big on spellpower and haste. There's a lot of damage going around on most Ulduar fights so you need to be fast and know what heals to cast. Most fights are awesome for a holy priest as you can dominate the raid heals. With the proper gear you should never run out of mana if you use your regen spells properly.

I like what one person said though, if you need to ask how much bonus healing you need for Ulduar then you are properly not experienced enough to go in there. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Smite's a pet project, and it's fun. I'd love to see all the angst on the typical twelve-year-old Shadow Priest's face if they ever gave holy a tier 4 talent granting bonus strike damage (requiring 2 points in Searing Light, obviously).

"WE ARE THE DPS NOT THEM QQ".
    You will also be OOM before phase two of Razorscale, what a useful spot in a raid.

"What synergy does that priest bring."
    ~"Well, he runs OOM a minute in, and then tells dead baby jokes on vent for the remainder of the fight."
    "Couldn't they just go shadow and do legit DPS and provide replenishment/misery?"
    ~"We don't want to prod them, they are 'special'. Bruises like a peach you know..."

Oh, and rcastudios, healing meters are important, confirm/deny.

What do you think we are? Digital Penis Strokers?

15+ Year Old Account

you can get through the first 4-5 bosses in ulduar with lvl 80 blues / heroic gear if you have some other healers to carry a bit of the slack.

that being said, regen isnt a huge issue anymore as holy and disc both have a lot of talents to help regen. focus on spellpower. if you are at the 1.8k mark you will be fine for ulduar (assuming as i stated before that you have 1-2 healers who can pick up slack in the group).

at this phase regen is so negligible for fights with replenishment and such that it is pointless to stack it IMO. with cd's, pots, replenishment, and talents you should never be going oom. vezax is the only exception but even then its not a hard fight if your healers are half decent.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by jifjosh
    You will also be OOM before phase two of Razorscale, what a useful spot in a raid.

"What synergy does that priest bring."
    ~"Well, he runs OOM a minute in, and then tells dead baby jokes on vent for the remainder of the fight."
    "Couldn't they just go shadow and do legit DPS and provide replenishment/misery?"
    ~"We don't want to prod them, they are 'special'. Bruises like a peach you know..."

Oh, and rcastudios, healing meters are important, confirm/deny.

What do you think we are? Digital Penis Strokers?
    You missed the "pet project"... or you don't grasp the meaning.

"A project, activity or goal pursued as a personal favorite, rather than because it is generally accepted as necessary or important."

Kelesti never said that she would take a smite priest into new content... it is a "pet project" or something to do cause not to many other people are doing it.

Kitties and Bears can DPS/Tank out of the same tree. Death Knights can DPS/Tank out of all three of their trees. Whats wrong with speculating on what changes would have to be made to make Holy DPS viable within the same tree? Its honestly not as much as you think.

What attracted you to making a shadow priest? Was it all raw statistics? I think not. There are clearly easier classes to level and dps with. Therefore, you must enjoy the flavor of that spec. Maybe others would enjoy the flavor of the "Holy Caster"... which isn't currently viable in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex
    What attracted you to making a shadow priest?
    Stop right there. I'm not a shadow priest darling, and the non-shadow dps is a waste of an exceptionally diverse range of talents meant for healing/leveling.

Don't act all superior because you are a fan of LOLsmite, you remind me of the "oh man, I love donnie darko because it's so indie" kids from highschool. It funny, it's quaint, unsupported by the establishment, and frivolous.

Frivolous =/= Legitimate =/= Cool.

So your argument is that what people enjoy doing is irrelevant? Also, any innovation or call for new ideas is also irrelevant?

I would suggest checking out some literature on the progressive movement of the early 20th century. I think you would enjoy it.

I really think you should read the first quote in your Sig and get back to me.

I'm gonna sound like a parent here, but this is experimentation, totally healthy experimentation. You'll grow out of it. It's a phase.

Or were you born like this O.o

Quote Originally Posted by rcastudios
    It's all about skill. If you know how to play a priest you can get by with sub-par gear. I would definitely say all epics though as you need the mana pool and regen.
    Its all about skill and yet you need all epics for the mana pool and regen. Right.........;D

Quote Originally Posted by jifjosh
    I really think you should read the first quote in your Sig and get back to me.

I'm gonna sound like a parent here, but this is experimentation, totally healthy experimentation. You'll grow out of it. It's a phase.

Or were you born like this O.o
    I am a home owning adult. I do not express a desire to be any better than anyone else, just to defend the rights of folks to be unique individuals. If that makes me a "child" in your eyes, then may I never grow up, alongside all the other great children throughout history.

You, sir, however, seem to have a desire to project your perceived authority on others, rather than to have a civilized conversation with diverse opinion as an equal. To me, that smacks of immaturity. Which, by the way, is not a measure of time, rather of relative experience and cognitive insight.

Wouldn't it just be a perfect world if everyone agreed with you?

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    vezax is the only exception but even then its not a hard fight if your healers are half decent.
    So vezax is only about the healers doing it right? how bout everyone else in the raid moving from shadow crash, running away from ppl with the debuff and tank kiting surge of darkness (unless its a DK)?

15+ Year Old Account

considering the survival of the fight depends on healer coordination, yes.

we are a casual guild, we raid 2 days a week for 2.5 - 3 hours and we "2-shot" him, the first pull was a server dc about 5% into the fight.
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

many people are very biased when talking healing stats... i think it very much depends what kind of guild you are in and what the general gear/skill of the raid is.

I have done only 4 bosses on heroic as holy. I've enchanted / gemmed mostly for regen, I don't have any spellpower trinkets and spirit enchant on weap. I have a little over 2k spellpower. I could obviously get much more sp but i dont think that would help me one bit in Ulduar being in a semi casual raiding guild...

So my answer would be go for regen first depending on the rest of the grp.
    I've seen some priests from high end guild with only sp gems :P guess they rely on dps to make the fights very short

15+ Year Old Account

as you get higher up all you will do is regem for SP.

as disc i currently sit at 26.5 - 27k mana...that means for each PW:S i get 675 mana back, and i'm getting 350 mp5 from replenishment.

trust me, once you get the gear (and i'm in naxx25 level gear with 3 pieces from uld) you will gem spellpower. i haven't made the switch yet because int provides a lot of crit, and i see that as more valuable than the extra 50-70 SPP i'd get

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    considering the survival of the fight depends on healer coordination, yes.

we are a casual guild, we raid 2 days a week for 2.5 - 3 hours and we "2-shot" him, the first pull was a server dc about 5% into the fight.
    Guessing you are doing it 10 man (easy) and not 25 (where it depends on alot more than just the healers).

Smite is a complete waste of time... i've already illustrated previously how the spell rotation is almost exactly the same as shadow.

It's easier to rebel than conform...

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Smite is a complete waste of time... i've already illustrated previously how the spell rotation is almost exactly the same as shadow.

It's easier to rebel than conform...
    And it's easier to troll than to stick to an original post? This has nothing to do with a "Healing bonus required for Ulduar".
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie
    Guessing you are doing it 10 man (easy) and not 25 (where it depends on alot more than just the healers).
    guessing you are wrong?

on topic: if you have good players in decent gear (at least naxx 10), they will be fine for whatever bosses you can get to in ulduar

Too many people's responses I'd love to quote, but too little time...

Here's something that might factor in just a little in how to answer the OP's question... Are you planning on running 2 healers, or 3 (assuming 10-man)? 5, 6, 7, or 8 (assuming 25-man)? Also, with what other healing class/spec(s) will you be sharing healing duties?

Consider 10-man, and just extend the logic and numbers to 25 if that's where you're heading...

If 2 healers, your gear ought to be pretty much full BiS from prior 10-man raiding in naxx/eoe/os. If 3, a substantial lack of gear can be allowed for as you have 2 others to pick up the slack. In either case, for doing 'normal' mode you'll still want to have at least mostly ilvl 200 epics for 10-man. Don't even think of dual-healing hard modes unless you're pretty fully geared from 25-mans prior to Ulduar.

As to the SP discussions surrounding disc (I won't comment on holy as I haven't run in that spec since end of BC), 2000 before inner fire is WAY more than you need for healing basic 10-man ulduar, assuming you're properly itemizing for crit, mana pool, and some haste (yes, haste is very good for us too). Would more SP be helpful? Sure. But you don't need it at the expense of other stats.

I'm currently running about 2050 SP, 31% holy crit, and 15% haste with about 22.7k mana (after talents, before buffs/inner fire). Healing alongside a lesser-geared holy pally we've been able to laugh at healing all of regular Ulduar, but the hard-mode has still been very challenging (not looking forward to Freya +3, but she'll have to wait - Mimiron gets dibs on chewing us to pieces after we start pushing his button this week >.<). My point is, I have yet to see the need to push beyond 2k in disc, ever. Current content does not seem to require it. Upon reaching that point, all your itemization should move towards int, crit, and haste. I'm still gemming yellow slots with luminous, but to be honest I'll likely start pulling the SP out from those as well to drive other stats (Vezax hard is calling, and asking for MORE INT! lol).

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...orn&n=bigslick

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic