Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Exorcism - Now cant be used in pets, why??

Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus
    But hang on, you could say that about a few classes. We have 3 buttons to push because everytime blizzard introduces a new one they take it away :P? How can you be ok with any ret nerf, if say they reduced all the damage from those attacks by 99%? But its ok you have 3 buttons to push.

Secondly, if thats why you play a ret paladin, then i hate to think what you'll think of patch 3.2 and the new re-vamp >.<
    I don't play retri I was explaining why I want retri to be nerfed.

I play mage and throwing a burst is sometimes quite complicated but Im fine with that because it's what skill is about. Right now retri burst is way too high because they don't have anything special to do i order to be able to burst, just push 3 buttons.
    I'm really looking forward to the revamp so noobz retri cant faceroll anymore and pro retri can show their skill.

volsung

i believe blizzard just nerfing this so there wont be any QQ from ppl no more. people start to whine and do stuff when ret start doing something OP. I'm fine with this nerf cause i can still kill the pet in three shot and still having them saying " OFMG OP ret. NERF!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nabla
    I don't play retri I was explaining why I want retri to be nerfed.

I play mage and throwing a burst is sometimes quite complicated but Im fine with that because it's what skill is about. Right now retri burst is way too high because they don't have anything special to do i order to be able to burst, just push 3 buttons.
    I'm really looking forward to the revamp so noobz retri cant faceroll anymore and pro retri can show their skill.
    Number 1 burst as a mage is not complicated, as frost you use your frost nova/pet nova to set up your shatter combo.. congrats 3 buttons. frost nova, frostbolt icelance.

Number 2 Ret pally burst is way to high?!?! my highest hitting ability hits for 4.6k in pvp If i am lucky, "crusader strike" with the changes to judgements and seal of the matyr we have pretty good sustained damage in pvp, every hit my seal criting you for 2.4k along with my white hit, but thats on a swing timer. If I could hit half as hard as say my mut rogue or my friends mage in the same amount of time as my pally now then it would be truly op. But think again before you try to say a class only has to hit (insert inane number of buttons here) Besides ret pallys arent just dps in arena.

A ret pally doing his job in arena is hitting a shit ton more buttons then 3 or 4. sacred shield refreshing, divine plea if I am going oom, hand of sacrifice on my partner, heals to save him, hand of protection. and dont get me started on dispels mate. I guaran freaking tee I hit more buttons then a mage in arena and I have to keep track of more crap in arena then a mage.

If you try to argue likewise its simple, a ret pally is a hybrid, we heal, we can heal and to win we have to heal. simply saying that puts us 3 to 4 buttons above a pure dps class. (in a usual sense) the nerf garbage needs to end.

I don't think you have a clue about anything, you just faceroll your retrilol class..

Our pets (warlock here) was and still is going down in 2 god damn globals against YOU, thank god for nerfing this so it will take 4 globals now, woho..

Warlocks calling Ret Paladins facerollers. Man, have things changed. Seriously, we don't even need exorcism to kill pets. Drag them behind a pillar and gank em. The good locks/hunters will pull them back and the bad ones won't.

Exorcism - Now cant be used in pets, why??

Back to the original topic. I can understand why palas aren't happy with this because it's a nerf. I think you'll find as things stand a good ret pala that actually does what he's meant to in arena (read post by PremiumTax, he hit the spot) can hit 2350 for the t2 weapons without too much effort. The issue I have as a warlock for example is my pet getting absolutely facerolled (completely unhealable damage, voidwalker or not), which leads to me in turn getting rolled in the dirt because i have no soul link or pet abilites to keep me going.

I have no problem with ret burst on the whole (altho u know full well u can kill a lot of classes in close to one stun), but pets with no resilience take double the burst, and on top of that a garanteed exorcism crit is just that little bit over the top.

Although this is a nerf, I don't think you need to expect any more nerfs. One of the main reasons ret burst is so high at the moment is because most run around in 400 - 500 resilience with t8.5 gear etc

Taking away a major paladin ability from PvP and making it PvE only ability GG blizzard
    whats the point i changing it from demons/undead ability only so retaded

Keep nerfing away try to make us more useful in wrath but look at nerf after nerf keep it blizzard soon we'll be back where we were BC

Quote Originally Posted by shiftynou
    Warlocks calling Ret Paladins facerollers. Man, have things changed. Seriously, we don't even need exorcism to kill pets. Drag them behind a pillar and gank em. The good locks/hunters will pull them back and the bad ones won't.
    yes but having exorcism makes it easier still, and is an ability that makes it impossible for the good locks / hunters to actually do anything about their pet dying :/

Sorry, but I still don't see how 'pets' are even allowed during a 2v2, 3v3, or 5v5. If I fight you and you have an attack dog, thats 2 on 1 right? So if a hunter and a warlock walk into arena with thier pets, thats more like 4v2. You have damage coming in from multiple sources to deal with all of a sudden, not just the 2 people you're fighting but the 2 pets they brought.

And oh yes, it takes so much skill to sick your pet on someone then sit back at cast at them. If we ignore the pet and charge at you, the pet sits there raping us or eating buffs or anything else they do while on agressive. If we burn down the pet, we get our asses shot to shit while the owner sits back at a distance, then after we burn 3 GCDs on the pet, now we have to chase you down. While you've been attacking us the whole time.

Don't hate us for our burst cause we were originally designed that way to have our playstyle different. Everyone bitches about how the classes are getting homogenized and the only difference is the nametag. Ask blizzard to fix things so when your pet dies you don't suffer a massive dps loss.

And to answer to 'skill' being the reason other classes do damage with thier rotation, oh yes, putting the spell rotation in order on the bar so you press it in order so you don't fuck it up sure is skill. So is using addons to keep track of runes, dots and timers. Having a bright lit up indicator made by someone else sure is a lot of skillful playing, yup yup. Have I oversimplified? Yup. That was the point to those with a low IQ, same was done with "3 GCDs and I'm dead!" whiners. Look, we can do that too!

Quote Originally Posted by Wytch
    Exorcism - Now cant be used in pets, why??

Back to the original topic. I can understand why palas aren't happy with this because it's a nerf. I think you'll find as things stand a good ret pala that actually does what he's meant to in arena (read post by PremiumTax, he hit the spot) can hit 2350 for the t2 weapons without too much effort. The issue I have as a warlock for example is my pet getting absolutely facerolled (completely unhealable damage, voidwalker or not), which leads to me in turn getting rolled in the dirt because i have no soul link or pet abilites to keep me going.

I have no problem with ret burst on the whole (altho u know full well u can kill a lot of classes in close to one stun), but pets with no resilience take double the burst, and on top of that a garanteed exorcism crit is just that little bit over the top.

Although this is a nerf, I don't think you need to expect any more nerfs. One of the main reasons ret burst is so high at the moment is because most run around in 400 - 500 resilience with t8.5 gear etc
    thats exactly what I do, 587 res, majority pve gear lol. But back on topic I understand why warlocks would want it gone, but think about it with or without it if we attack the pet its going to die, the guaranteed crit is a bit much I realise so instead of taking away our ability to use it in pvp, remove the guaranteed crit in pvp on demons and undead. or seeing how its pve only give us back the spell interrupt glyph on exorcism so i can actually have a viable use for it in pve other then just damage. They removed the interrupt because it was going to be "op" in pvp but now its simply meh.

There was many better ways to handle the situation, blizz took the easy opt out. and try to save face by talking about a whole spec change (which is needed no doubt) but still the easy way out currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Wytch
    but pets with no resilience take double the burst, and on top of that a garanteed exorcism crit is just that little bit over the top.
    AGAIN GIVE BACK THE OLD EXORCISM WITHOUT THE STUPID CRIT CHANCE

....it was fine before? When it didn't have 100% chance to crit and didn't work on hunters pets...the biggest issue here is instead of trying to mix around with the INSANE amount of buffs they gave the spell for pve reasons, they've just band-aided it with "can't be used in pvp situations" its just pure laziness.

We do understand that having 100% crit was stupid, we do, but it has always been usable against demons and undead....now what? You talk about losing you pet abilities and soul-link, how is a holy pala suppose to stop your pet?

This turns out being a buff for me since, even though I'm a paladin, my twos partner is a warlock.

15+ Year Old Account

Because Blizzard is feeling sorry for the pets, you meanies
    Actually, we prefer "Ethically challenged" now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabla
    The way to do a burst as a X CLASS is stupidingly easy, it's 3 buttons to push
    Fixed.

Frostbolt, Ice Lance, Water Elemental/Arcane Blast, Arcane barrage, Arc. Missile barrage

Aimed shot, Explosive shot, Black arrow

Mutilate/SS/Hemo, Backstab/Ambush, Eviscerate

Starfire, Wrath, Treants/Ferocius bite, Shred, Mangle

Lightning bolt, Flameshock, Lava burst/Stormstrike, Earth shock, Spirit Wolves

Plague Strike, Scourge Strike, Gargoyle/Icy touch, Howling Blast, Frost Strike/Death Strike, Blood Strike, Hearth Strike

Unstable Affliction, Haunt, Corruption/Conflag, Immolate, Incinerate

Mind blast, SW: Death, Shadowfiend

Mortal Strike, Bladestorm, Whirlwind

Ladies and gentlemen - WoW is hard.

Once you get over this, you might aswell come back and point out the other 5-12 other spells/attacks any other good PvPer uses instead of trying to ridiculize Ret paladins' damage rotation since, as you can see above, it's not the only class with few dangerous signature spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawasaki.gdm
    According to the new patch changes, exorcism was nerfed again, now we cant use on pets also.

Was this really necessary? is a 3k (5k against lock pets) hit every in a 15 sec CD against a pet was so game breaking?

They say blizzard dont nerf things based on players whiners, but with this last change I really cant belive this anymore.
    :'(

:'(

What's irritating about this is that they gave us Exorcism to balance out the changes to our tree. They took away quite a bit of damage and crit and then balanced it out with this spell being usable on Players/Pets. Now that's gone and I am sad. Been lvling my S-Priest lately though so whatever...

mmm mm mmm mmm mmmmm....nothing like a fine glass of paladin tears...

awww, get a life, it's a game, try to just enjoy it and stop whining about it (and it's by no means your game, never forget that you did nothing more than just pay for a license to play it)

and: every class gets nerfed and every class gets buffed...it's the roller-coaster called class balancing

anyways, back to my drink

/cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by necrozo
    mmm mm mmm mmm mmmmm....nothing like a fine glass of paladin tears...

awww, get a life, it's a game, try to just enjoy it and stop whining about it (and it's by no means your game, never forget that you did nothing more than just pay for a license to play it)

and: every class gets nerfed and every class gets buffed...it's the roller-coaster called class balancing

anyways, back to my drink

/cheers!
    You're ugly and nobody likes you.... hehe