Tanking 10 man content.

Hello every! I'm new to the whole tanking experience I've rolled dps for about 3 years now (primarily a rogue) and after i realized how very unrewarding it is being dps I wanted to do something more worth while in this game. I rolled a paladin about a week ago recently hit 80 made my titansteel helm and shield picked up some gear from 10 man naxx I ran as a OT my t7 gloves from emblems and some epics from heroics.

As I sit right now I'm at 26k health unbuffed 543 def 21% Dodge 17% parry and 20% block (BV 1102). I was wondering if anyone could tell me if these numbers are good enough to start MTing 10 man content. I've been very attentive at gearing up and staying enchanted with the best money can afford I lvled prot most of the way to 80 and ran plenty of instances to get a feel for how pallies tank and I like to think I'm not totally incompetent at it.

Any input anyone can offer would be greatly great appreciated I'd ask for advice from tanks on my server but as far as I can tell I play on a server populated mostly by vegetables that possess the ability to type and flame each other.

Re: Tanking 10 man content.

10-man naxx can be tanked without being defcapped, so i'd say ur good to go
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

Sounds alright, depending on healers ofcourse. Would be nice to get an armory link!

Thanks for the input I'm really on the wrong server to have started tanking though since no one really seems to understand anything more then "Hey your class tanks and you have lots of health your gtg". I was made OT on one 10 man naxx just because they picked up a DK that had 29k health, we came to find out he had like 450 def and next to no parry or dodge he had simply picked up some pvp armor and gemed it with 24 stam. His reasoning for thinking he could tank was "LOL im DK all I gotta do is be in frost stance". So since I have never tanked before and up until recently knew nothing about it I was forced to think since my health was lower then other tanks I was by comparison not as good.

Also heres my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rbog&n=Noochie

I can see you already have a couple of pieces from Naxx and VoA
    If i were u, i'd try to get in a good guild (Preferebly one that's progressing in Ulduar), since you wont get into many PuGs without achievement.
    However if you write an application to a good guild, in mature english, they will probably let you in, if they reckon you have skill, since gear and gearing up is really not a problem atm.
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

Believe me when I say I've tried but my server (The UnderBog) Has only two guilds horde side that are even remotely decent and only one guild that has 25 man yogg cleared but they don't accept any new people in they've been around since the realm went live in TBC and keep very much to themselves and are super elitist.

honestly you could probably even mt naxx 25 if you had to

Just cause other tank classes have more HP showing doesnt mean they have more effective HP. with Ardent Defender, Imp RF, and the Divine plea Glyph, we more then make up for it. Not to mention giving yourself SS in 10 man.

Learn the 969 rotation and You are Good to Go.
    Im just here till SWTOR launch.

Aww why ty I've really been striving to maintain a decent health while keeping my avoidance high simply stacking HP hasn't applied to me at any point of lvling and I play an 80 holy priest to and I found healing people who stacked stam to be harder since they would take more direct hits and if they were unlucky more then one unmigited hits in a row which resulted in more spam heals from myself, so my outlook on tanking is to be a tank that healers would want to heal and wouldn't dread when I stepped up to the plate.

Edit: 969 was the first thing I learned how to do and after I hit 75 I spent a good 2 hours at the training dumbies making sure I could keep it down while running around and while blind folded (I actually did it blind folded for about 20 mins)