What to pick when you got no farming alts?

Hello, I am currently lvling my mage (74) and I soon need to decide which proffesions to pick. I do not have any alt on this servers, my alts are spread out (70 warr, 70 sham) and they are fail faction. So I won't consider to have alts with gathering proffesions. ;D

I am currently thinking on JC, mining, enchanting.

Re: What to pick when you got no farming alts?

Mby you think "Omg, this have been asked before". But the "best" gold profession and other similar threads do often say some good professions and then mentioned it would only be good if you got an farming alt.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

if u dont plan to raid ect go skin /herb or mine herb or skin mine all good money makers just a pain to level

15+ Year Old Account

gear go tailoring + enchanting
    if you can get gear easily then mining + jc

tailoring or JC

Tailoring/Enchanting, Lightweave is nice and enchanting is good money.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Brunevde
    if u dont plan to raid ect go skin /herb or mine herb or skin mine all good money makers just a pain to level
    herd/mine, more people use it, + mining = smelting which is a profession in it's self. Still selling titansteel for 100g a pop. Herb over skinning because skins are only used for LWing and rarely for any other class, so it'll be more tough to sell leather than herbs.

@ OP, you havent specified what you do, the proffessions you would pick for PVE are often different to PVP, also, do you consider yourself "hardcore" and you want the very best regardless of the cost of leveling them or do you want some novelty stuff like what Engineering can offer. If its just pure gold making proffessions then go gathering but you havent said exactly what you want them for so its too hard a question to answer.

One of the best combos an old guildie of mine was doing for gold and self buff, was Mining/Jc.

Mining for ores to prospect, and to sell a Titansteel every 3 days (easy 80-120g).
    Cut the rare gems into decent gems for Ah (with Jc or a Jc friend), then with the green gems, make the rings which need the common gems and one or two other items, and have an enchanting friend D/E and put them on the AH.