Shadow Damage Display Add-on

I was curious if anyone knows of an add-on that will show specifically what the damage I see rolling above the bosses head comes from.

Basically, I want to better monitor MF clipping, but it can hard to tell which number is which. Also, out of curiousity, what do you guys do to monitor MF clipping?

Re: Shadow Damage Display Add-on

I use my feeling. It comes with the experience.

MSBT displays a little icon next to each message.
    SCT and Parrot can possibly do that too.
    Planning is for amateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Naphomci
    I want to better monitor MF clipping, but it can hard to tell which number is which. Also, out of curiousity, what do you guys do to monitor MF clipping?
    Quartz, a casting bar mod will help you with this. You can chain cast MF w/o clipping, it shows you when and with lag to start casting the next MF...

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/quartz.aspx

Get quartz like mentioned, and then get http://www.wowinterface.com/download...atencyMF2.html as well.

What it does is show a latency bar for your 2nd MF tick so you can cut your MF early without losing any dps if you have to refresh dot sooner or whatever.

I highly recommend quartz but it is not a guaranteed method to negate MF clipping. MF can still occasionally clip even when recasting well into the red zone. It is a very good guide but in no way fool proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I highly recommend quartz but it is not a guaranteed method to negate MF clipping. MF can still occasionally clip even when recasting well into the red zone. It is a very good guide but in no way fool proof.
    Err

Quartz displays the current ping when you cast a spell, of course this can vary alot but then you take your normal average ping into account and you use the predicted latency compensation from quarts as a guideline to predict exactly when your next spell should be cast.

If you play your spriest well enough you could judge your next mind flay with your eyes closed.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    Err

Quartz displays the current ping when you cast a spell, of course this can vary alot but then you take your normal average ping into account and you use the predicted latency compensation from quarts as a guideline to predict exactly when your next spell should be cast.

If you play your spriest well enough you could judge your next mind flay with your eyes closed.
    I definitely have that kind of feel for it, but for the sake of min/max'ing I was wondering what people used to better verify the feeling I suppose. Thanks for the suggestions thus far.

i use sct damage, it colors the damage numbers by spellschool, adds the icon of the spell, and if you like the complete name, shows partial resists and you may change the font of the damage number

Quote Originally Posted by Dracocide
    This is so true, specially with a constant ping. Over the 2 years I've been playing my priest, I pretty much know when I should be reapplying dots and when things are off cooldown. Muscle Memory is a wonderful thing.
    ^
    This. But it's a pity that my finger muscles still haven't learnt the cooldown delay between SW:P and Devouring Plage (I've even switched their buttons XD)