Rapture question

As a pve 10man raid healing Disc priest ((I heal a Paly MT, FYI)), is rapture recommended? If so, can you explain what it does. I am not totally clear on its mechanics. ???

Thanks inadvance,

Orb

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Rapture question

When your Power Word: Shield is completely absorbed or dispelled you are instantly energized with 2.5% of your total mana.
    and you have a 100% chance to energize your shielded target with 2% total mana, 8 rage, 16 energy or 32 runic power. This effect can only occur once every 12 sec.

(yes. its worth it)

Ok, is it recommended in replace of improved healing?

15+ Year Old Account

Yes. Rapture will return more mana over a fight than you will conserve with Imp. healing.

15+ Year Old Account

every time u use power word shield and it gets taken off the target through damage or by a dispel mechanic you gain 2.5% of your max mana. so, if you have 25k mana yolu get 625 mana when pw:s is taken off the target
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    every time u use power word shield and it gets taken off the target through damage or by a dispel mechanic you gain 2.5% of your max mana. so, if you have 25k mana yolu get 625 mana when pw:s is taken off the target
    It works each 12 seconds.

But it's still better than imp. heal.

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.

Your fellow healers will also love the secondary effect. If you play with a healer prone to running OOM, simply shield him every now and then, and the mana situation of your fellow healer will improve significantly.

Your paladin MT will also like the mana gain, although it is kinda small. Rapture kinda rocks.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Your fellow healers will also love the secondary effect. If you play with a healer prone to running OOM, simply shield him every now and then, and the mana situation of your fellow healer will improve significantly.

Your paladin MT will also like the mana gain, although it is kinda small. Rapture kinda rocks.
    Didn't they hotfix it so that the mana only comes from the shield breaking?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Didn't they hotfix it so that the mana only comes from the shield breaking?
    ''Completely absorbed or dispelled''

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bbk
    ''Completely absorbed or dispelled''
    Thought so, thanks. It's been awhile, I'm sorry. -_-"
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Of course, Rapture is made of win. I healed up to Mimiron as Disciplin (my offspec), without any real mana issues.