Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sick and tired of a bugged Wild Growth

Yeah, that's right.

Recently Blizzard fixed the Revitalize bug related to Wild Growth. Absolutely trivial, since it barely made a difference.

What REALLY makes a difference is the annoying range bug related to Wild Growth that haunts us since the release of patch 3.1.

In short, this bug prevents you from using Wild Growth if your target is out of range, or dead, through clicking addons like Grid+Clique and Healbot. Because of this bug i had to give up on focusing a boss, because i always end up targetting myself (since it's kinda hard going out of range with yourself ).

I'm well aware that this issue can somewhat be bypassed with mouseover macros.. But honestly, i don't see absolutely any reason why this worthless glitch should keep living either.

Let's spread the voice guys, hopefully the Blizzard Crab will hear us.

Deleted

Re: Sick and tired of a bugged Wild Growth

post in the rogue forums then

The OP wasn't QQing at you... thats why this is in the druid forum.

Anyway, a mouseover macro is easy to write and the mainstay of healers there is also a feature in x-pearl that will fade any party member out of range, that might help you avoid this bug even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelgadiss
    In short, this bug prevents you from using Wild Growth if your target is out of range, or dead, through clicking addons like Grid+Clique and Healbot. Because of this bug i had to give up on focusing a boss, because i always end up targetting myself (since it's kinda hard going out of range with yourself ).
    hmm i dont see the problem? ofcourse u cant cast a spell on someone who is out of range or dead?

In short, this bug prevents you from using Wild Growth if your target is out of range, or dead
    Are you new?

Uhm grid greys out whoever is out of range and has big read letters saying DEAD if someone dies, why even both clicking someone if you see its grey or big red letters? Also, if you don't want to accidently click yourself then turn off Automatic Self cast.

Apart from that, this thread is pointless, the points are trivial and it has no real question/Goal except self gratification or starting drama.

Have the same problem. To further explain it to the rest:
    If you're healing with grid and Clique (or compareable Addons) and you have someone in your target who is dead or oor (e.g. Razorscale, happens often during this fight) you can't use WG on someone via your mouseover Macro/Addon. You have to select someone in your range first. It's really enerving.

I'm well aware that this issue can somewhat be bypassed with mouseover macros.
    Actually you can't. At least i didn't found a way to do it and i tried quite some possibilities.
    Gilneas EU - Germany, so I don't have to be perfect in English ;D

I am healer myself, and target the boss during the fights as well. I use healbot.

The OP is not trying to use wild growth on the target, it wont let him click the spell on his addon even if the target he's on (boss, mob, ect.) is out of range or dead, which it should.

Bind your clique to the macro in the following link:
    http://restokin.com/?p=879
    instead of the wild growth spell. And for all of you too scared to click because of OMGKEYLOGGERS, the macro is:
    /cleartarget
    /cast [target=mouseover,noharm,exists] Wild Growth
    /targetlasttarget

In short, this bug prevents you from using Wild Growth if your target is out of range, or dead
    Are you really sure that its a bug? at least your comment made me giggle :-X

Yeah i admit i explained myself in a quite odd way. Meadow explained exactly my point.

Thanks Quallut, this looks very promising. This solvation didn't came to my mind yet.

Don't target boss while healing?

This bug occurs because wild growth can be cast on enemies as well as allies, it heals the lowest people in range of the target regardless of the enemy or friend.

Set a target of target macro on your tank if you want to heal off boss;
    Set boss as focus with a good focusframe if you just want boss/target visible while you heal others.

Edit: Actually, had a thought, if you really dont like being able to cast on enemies(who may be out of range) you can set macro up as a conditional to cast on yourself if target is hostile.

Failing all of the above you could turn auto selfcast off and train yourself to use selfcast modifiers all the time when you want to cast on yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded
    Uhm grid greys out whoever is out of range and has big read letters saying DEAD if someone dies, why even both clicking someone if you see its grey or big red letters? Also, if you don't want to accidently click yourself then turn off Automatic Self cast.

Apart from that, this thread is pointless, the points are trivial and it has no real question/Goal except self gratification or starting drama.
    Negative feedback doesnt mean QQ, please stop thinking everyone is emo and a drama queen.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

It kinda makes me giggle how some people don't understand how grid/clique or healbot work and say things like "Don't target the dead guy dummy".

@OP: I feel ya, it's a pain in the ass. You pretty much have to keep yourself targeted on fights like Razorscale and pretty much any other fight where you have the chance of being targeted by the boss. Hopefully that macro works, gonna give it a try tonight.

15+ Year Old Account

If you don't comprehend what he's saying, don't make a comment on his post. I play a healing priest, and always have the boss targeted while I am healing. It allows us to watch casts and target of target easier. Being unable to do that would be a problem, for me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Lunacy
    It kinda makes me giggle how some people don't understand how grid/clique or healbot work and say things like "Don't target the dead guy dummy".
    it makes me giggle how some people need more addons then grid(or other raidui) to heal effectively

Quote Originally Posted by Eis
    If you don't comprehend what he's saying, don't make a comment on his post. I play a healing priest, and always have the boss targeted while I am healing. It allows us to watch casts and target of target easier. Being unable to do that would be a problem, for me at least.
    or u could just /focus the boss

Quote Originally Posted by Spamb0t
    it makes me giggle how some people need more addons then grid(or other raidui) to heal effectively
    Haha, I can outheal guys like you in my sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Spamb0t
    Oh please not this childish argumentation. Everyone has his/her own way of healing, with addons or without, with grid + additions or only with grid, with two hands or with one, with Peggle or with Bejeweled . As long as those ppl can heal the HP their raid lacks it's okay.
    This whole "my interface is better than yours and your stupid nevertheless"-issue is so immature.

i'm using healbot & had the same issue

since then i started to target the MT instead of the boss.
    that helped me dealing with this annoying bug

hope it helps