Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Sick and tired of a bugged Wild Growth

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Lunacy
    Haha, I can outheal guys like you in my sleep.
    I would once have claimed this yet the best Priest healer in our guild does not use a single add-on and normally sits on second position behind myself on healing meters by about 1%. His healing focus also never seems to die and he is rarely killed by environmental damage either. Yes I know the witty retort will be that I am in fact, against all evidence a bad healer, or the remainder of our healers are also awful but the truth of the matter is that there are players out there who can heal exceptionally well without different raid frames or such like.

For instance I do not use mouse over macros myself due to how my key bindings are setup and because I find looking at the tanks buffs/debuffs to be useful, especially in new encounters if I haven't added them to Grid's display yet.

Addons are for chumps. I keep seeing complaints about WG; haven't had a single problem with targeting using the default UI.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey
    Don't target boss while healing?

This bug occurs because wild growth can be cast on enemies as well as allies, it heals the lowest people in range of the target regardless of the enemy or friend.

Set a target of target macro on your tank if you want to heal off boss;
    Set boss as focus with a good focusframe if you just want boss/target visible while you heal others.

Edit: Actually, had a thought, if you really dont like being able to cast on enemies(who may be out of range) you can set macro up as a conditional to cast on yourself if target is hostile.

Failing all of the above you could turn auto selfcast off and train yourself to use selfcast modifiers all the time when you want to cast on yourself.
    Quote myself for you, standing out of range of targeted boss you can't cast on it. Wild growth doesn't autoself cast on enemies, it casts on/around them.

I think it's safe to say that most raiding healers use addons. And I'm sure a vast majority of those use mouseover macros or similar addons. So to those few healers who don't and who claim to be better healers because of it, your input really isn't helpful. I'm sure it's possible to be a decent (or possibly even great) healer with the default UI, but the basic UI simply does not satisfy the healing styles or needs of most raiding healers. It's not as customizable; it doesn't provide the same variety or level of detail; and it can't be made as compact as appropriately programmed and properly debuged addons.

Whether or not it is better to use addons, mouseover macros, or click-and-cast key bindings is not what this thread is about. Telling people who are experiencing this problem with Wild Growth that they should stop using addons to heal is not a welcome suggestion.

The fact is that Blizzard has made it possible to use addons in WoW; they also made it possible to use macros and addons that can cast on mouseover-targets. A lot of players use addons and mouseover macros. The problem that we're facing right now is that Wild Growth does not currently work with mouseover macros or addons. Though there are ways around this, this is obviously an unintentional bug that Blizzard needs to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by ToughDuck
    I use healbot.
    found the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey
    Quote myself for you, standing out of range of targeted boss you can't cast on it. Wild growth doesn't autoself cast on enemies, it casts on/around them.
    People are still misunderstanding the problem. The issue is that you have a target selected, but that is not the target you are using for the spell. Through either mouse-over macros or an addon you are casting Wild Growth on a target that is definitely in range, however because you have another target selected it is preventing you from casting it at all, regardless of your target via the macro / addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

@OP
    I know exactly how you feel and it's been bugging me as well.
    I've sadly just adjusted by making sure i don't go out of range of the boss on fights where the tank should never be out of range (ie ignis) and on fights like razorscale i just keep my tank targetted or tab around.
    It does need to be fixed though =\
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

Perhaps, if some people have a problem and some people don't, your healing style is the problem. It sounds like it's working fine to me. You can cast it on enemies. The boss or w/e you are targeting is out of range. What's the problem? Being able to cast on enemies is helpful. If it gets nerfed because ur too lazy to target who you want to heal that's retarded.

You have no clue what the problem is, and it seems you don't understand what it takes to be an effective healer.

Because I don't have a problem using Wild Growth, not to mention like the way it works, I don't know what it takes to be an effective healer?

Quote Originally Posted by Cåt
    Because I don't have a problem using Wild Growth, not to mention like the way it works, I don't know what it takes to be an effective healer?
    You're either a troll or ridiculously stupid.

I am targeting person A. Person A is out of range. Person A is a FRIENDLY TARGET.

I use a MOUSEOVER cast of wild growth on person B, who is IN RANGE. The spell DOES NOT CAST.
    That's a bug. The spell should cast on the target of the spell, which is person B who is in range.

It has nothing to do with enemy/friendly targets you giant freaking retard.

I actually hate this bug too. I use Grid and clique for healing. Yes I will target the boss quite often and in some fights I find it very important to do so due to the fact the boss can and does change targets. Since my target and targets target are side by side I can clique heal the bosses CURRENT target rather quickly.

The way the bug affects me the most is when I alt cast. Meaning I want to cast WG on myself and those around me. WG is not bound to clique or any other macro, though it is key bound. So in the senerio where my target died and I alt hit #2 (my keybinding) or even hit the spell on my interface WG fails to cast on me. Alt self cast does work, I have checked that out, why it doesn't work with WG in specific situtions is driving me crazy.

Hello Telemain

That is how I heal on my priest, COH is bound via Clique and I cast it on party members via perfect raid. I like the fact of not having to change my targets which is why I went the route of using Clique to begin with. While I don't use the same method of healing persay with my Druid I can totally see why it is frustrating to you. You should be able to (and have in the past) cast a heal on a party member dispite who is your actual target if you use mouseover or clique.

I use grid and healbot. healbot gives me everything i need for healing and dispelling and anything else i need for a healing frame, and grid is there for nothing but battle rez targeting.

Then i have peggle because that is useful everywhere.

Not just any spartan; John Halo Spartan.