Thread: Arms Warriors

15+ Year Old Account

Arms Warriors

Why is it some Warriors scare me and blast through my shield/armour like nothing and my healing is useless while some others I can bounce about without a care in the world? In a 2v2 same bracket (while my Ret Pally team-mate chases their Resto Druid ;D)

Their gear can't be that far apart can it? And any suggested ways to tackle them would be cool.

Re: Arms Warriors

Playstyle and how much Armor Pen they have makes a huge difference in arena performance damage wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shokurae
    Playstyle and how much Armor Pen they have makes a huge difference in arena performance damage wise.
    I remember when they change Sunder and Armor Pen to be a percentage-based.

We were allowed to have armor when going up against a Warrior.
    Then they let them not be rage-starved by attacking us through Shields, clarifying it's because we've just been buffed and are allowed to still keep armor anyways.

But I've seen warriors walking around with more than 100% armor pen, and even after the stat gets its cap at 100%, where'd that argument go? Back to no armor, AND still not being able to rage-starve them?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I always found it hardest to stay alive against a Warrior... DK's I can tank all day and I can even stay alive against a Rogue long enough for my partner to kill his target.

I put it down to not really understanding the Warrior class terribly well... I never played one past Lvl 20 and I really don't understand what abilities they have and what they do.

If you're really keen to excel at arena (pvp), roll a warrior and learn how to play one... that should give you enough information how to counter one and what animations relate to what abilities. I would do that myself except I don't care enough about PvP to utilise my time that way.

But I've seen warriors walking around with more than 100% armor pen, and even after the stat gets its cap at 100%, where'd that argument go? Back to no armor, AND still not being able to rage-starve them?
    Not in arena you haven't mate, fact is if PvP warriors stacked Arp then we'd do no damage at all, as it's a multiplier not a statistic. Also, Arp cannot be "capped" at 100%, more like 82% is the limit. Str is probably the difference you see, a good warrior will charge, 100% crit chance Mortal strike you and -never- let that 50% less healing debuff drop. Strength is the good PvP warriors stat of choice as we get alot of % crit chance increases from talents so no point in stacking that, especially with resilience as high as it is now. I run with 25% crit and 3.9k AP unbuffed with PvP hit cap and 847 resilience, and i'll breeze through you to be quite honest. Warriors are very gear dependant, so definately that is a big part of what you see in arenas. They are also very hard to play properly, as we have to adapt to each situation as it changes and react accordingly. Say a rogue jumps on my healer, I defensive stance / intervene and weapon switch macro to the healer and disarm / demoralizing shout (AP reduction), Rend (so he cant vanish) and MS the rogue, then change weapon charge and MS the healer again to keep up the pressure. This goes on for a bit...

Easiest way to kill a warrior? Keep him at range. The key to that is wait until he charges then CC him, rinse and repeat. Kiting is very effective as well, but a well played warrior will never let you get away from him once he is in range unless he wants you to do so in order to utilise charge and intercept again.

Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    Not in arena you haven't mate, fact is if PvP warriors stacked Arp then we'd do no damage at all, as it's a multiplier not a statistic. Also, Arp cannot be "capped" at 100%, more like 82% is the limit.
    If this was true, then why the need for the following blue:

Quote from: Ghostcrawler (Source)
    We are now considering capping armor penetration at 100%. Armor could no longer go negative. We're not sure if we would do this in a hotfix or in 3.1.2. We just wanted to let anyone know who is furiously trying to acquire every armor pen item in the game.

Note that there is not a not a cap on the amount of armor that can be reduced in WoW at the moment. Also note that capping armor penetration at 100% does not mean that you can always reduce every target's armor to 0%. The tooltip says "up to" for a reason.

Yes, we understand this stat can be a little confusing.

(Again, if someone can tell me how to link blue posts properly, please send me a message with instructions on how).

While there are other blues confirming that it would be difficult to achieve and the uptime would be minimal, it's currently possible and identified as something requiring change.

u guys need to check unrelentless assault lol... its nothing about arp, str, crit or w/e... U get caught while casting by op + MS= gl trying to heal u

15+ Year Old Account

Unrelenting Assault looks like a terrible talent, especially if the healing stacks with MS. I didn't know that.

And I think it's impossible to get 100% (or even 82% ArP) in PvP without gimping your other stats. I'm 99% sure that the post is directed at PvE Arms Warriors who have taken as much ArP gear as they can.

Hamstring makes it very hard for me to stay at range, the best luck I have is when I can fear and get a full penance on me (MS makes it a not so great heal) before the Warriors breaks it. The problem is that Warriors can put a scary amount of pressure on me while my Ret Pally partner can't do the same to their healer.

Juggernaut "nerf" brings them down frm 100% to 25%, on top of their 30~% crit that means they have a 55~% chance to crit their MS or whatever after they charge meaning neither the attacker or defender will notice a big difference after the patch/hotfix of it. Perhaps Warrior + Healer is our counter class and we need to live with losing to a good Warrior/Resto Druid.

Our usual tactic is to burn the Warrior forcing the Druid to leave stealth to heal, then switch to the Druid, by then the Warrior is sticking on me so it's up to Mr. Ret to kill the Druid, but they are scary kiters.

edit: wrote crap...

so... ur ret should give u HoP ?! and stop caseing the druid?
    My Achievement-Site

Click for my Armory

Enhancer are like ventilators. You can easily turn them off (CC), but you should never put your head right into them while they are keep running.

:P

i dont know how it is with war druid vs ret priest since a druid can do alot more than a pally(cyclone if u leave druid alone and such aswell as keep hots up to heal while HoJ'd) but priest ret is hard as hell as pally warrior...

i can kill a priest fast if i can stay on him, with a ret training on me while priest is running around pillars i take alot of dmg(alot of time i feel if a ret pally looks at me i go to instant 30% hp) so i have to back out let me pally cast a heal on me which lets the priest heal up, or i stay on let my pally put himself in a position for easy fear if the priest is at all smart then he can help the ret dps on me and it can be game over right there

yes warriors kill priests fast, but priests usually run with other classes that make it hard to stay on the priest for enough time to really stick him(rogue with stuns, ret with dps that can get u killed if u LOS, Mage which can sheep and such)

id imagine the biggest problem is the fact that with a druid vs your comp the warrior can stay on you alot easier since ret can't train the warrior due to cylones and the fact that with hots warrior can follow u where ever u go and not worry about LOSing heals

Burst differential if they have high rage already when they get to you.
    Can't rage starve them the same anymore but is still a burst difference with how much rage they have when engage you.

I'm not a great pvper, I played 500 games in 2v2 this season and what good warriors do to priests is incredible. The only way I survive a warrior is by my teammate peeling him off of me and I run behind the pillar. But if warrior and his teammate are good they cc my rogue and warrior annihilates me. I noticed a lot of them went for high crit so stacking resilience will definitely help. But unless you manage to LoS the warr and if your teammate doesn't peel him off - bye bye.

However, you play with a ret paladin. Ret paladin can do so much damage in a few seconds that the warrior shouldn't be much of a burden since he'll have to stick to ret.

VS warrior and druid (as ret priest) have ret on the warrior. Warrior will take more damage, your ret can survive alone while you pressure the druid with manaburns. I know you probably know this already but it doesn't hurt to repeat. Have your ret on their dpser and you rape the healer

15+ Year Old Account

Can't chase a Druid while a Warrior has me hamstrung while my Ret chases him as the Druid pillar humps.

An Arms warrior that knows what he's doing is a vicious beast especially in 2's. As a Disc priest It amazes me how fast I can die if I'm not 100% on my game and have a bit of luck on my side. Charge + MS (100% crit) + Hamstring + Bladestorm can equal a very fast death even with Pain Suppression + Shield (6k absob) + PoM + Renew.

As other have written it also has a lot to do with what kind of healer the warrior is running with. Warrior / Druid teams are just as much of a bitch as they were a few seasons ago. Using your trinket to remove the HS and run the hell away just as he BS can be the deciding factor.

Every comp seems to have a counter just as every class has one. With some of the "nerfs" to warrior burst it'll be a little more of an RNG game again sortof ~60% chance to crit instead of 100% on MS, etc...

im amazed that priests seem to have the same problem i have with my shaman. i play resto / rogue ( now switching to priest rogue as i finally finished powerlvling my priest) and we get completely destroyed by warr druid. i can't cc because the druid decurses and is himself not ccable and i get absolutely hammered by a warr. i figured with the shields and manaburn + fear these teams would be a little easier to handle, but i guess im in for a rough time here as well.
    The World of Warcraft is a game of much complexity, sometimes there's fire, and you have to not stand in it

xheouls guide to wow.

Yeah.
    Warrior/Druid is hopeless for Priest/Rogue, have fun. Druid can drink on demand, Warrior is impossible to blow up, on the off chance you do get the Druid low on mana, the Warrior turns into a hamstring spamming pingpong ball.

There's really nothing you can do to survive Warriors. Even with my Rogue peeling and 1100+ resilience, their sustained damage tears through me. Overpower needs a massive nerf, too; it's one thing to fake a counter spell every 10+ seconds. It's another to fake one every 6 seconds.

Arms warrior and hunters (expecially mark) are the two classes i find very challenging to beat... A good arms warrior is nearly unbeatable imho.