With 9k DPS on lichking encounter best moonkin? I dont think so^^

some short facts:

197 Wrath Casts for 2153650 DMG
    114 Critical and 83 non-Critical
    Max Crit with Wrath 18359

103 Starfire Casts for 1852513 DMG
    90 Critical 13 non-Critical
    Max Crit with Starfire 24932

in the white spirit Phase we move from left to right and so on and there the dmg dropps really hard

Deleted

Re: Balance Druids – The Moonkin Guide

Your clearly missed a few pointers in my thread.

- I do not think that your 9k DPS was effective DPS.
    - Highest recorded LK damage for a moonkin is 8238 (Source). Second highest drops to 7722 DPS and most in the top 200 is between 6000-7000 eDPS. You pulling 9k effective DPS is surely not impossible, but it would place you at the very top on that encounter.
    - Your post was largely about "only being 10th on the meters". My point was that there is a lot of incidential splash damage going around, making it impossible for you to place high on the meters *most of the time*, but it does not mean that you contribute any less to the fight.

Why do you post the numbers, instead of just posting the log?

Deleted

actually a lot of guilds don't post WoL logs or use WMO :P For example if my guild uploaded logs I'd be ranked #1 resto druid in the world at the moment on certain fights :P Dreamwalker , sindragosa , festergut ... however I'm not :P I do notice that the balance druid in my guild does pop over 9k effective for lich king every now-and-again .. mostly it between 8-8.5k DPS .. So I wouldn't dismiss his point on that just because he didn't link WoL ...

however saying that and his talk about being 9th I have to totally agree with you , I've even noticed when doing lich king on my mage that the damage from classes that have a cleave is just far superior or 'splash damage effect' I wouldn't expect a balance druid who are not the omega in single target to win on a fight that is not single target at all , there's so much swapping and add damage in that fight that you need a cleave / aoe for vile's to be up towards the top of the meters however that doesn't mean you're not doing anything , for example break it down ... if you look deeper into the logs you'll be able to see who did the most damage to what ... for example we have a lock that cruises to huge amounts of damage on vile spirits / val'kry's but not so much on lich king.. whereas our balance druid is probs the opposite huge amounts on lich king but not so much on the vile spirit / val'kyr side of things it's all about balance the encounter and if you're getting it down , then it's a job well done and don't worry about it :P

Deleted

All i am pointing out is that there is quite a drop from #1 to #2, and going from #2, there is quite a ways from 7722 DPS to 9000+ DPS.

Then again, meters mean nothing. If you are grabbed by a valkyr, have to move from defile, get leeched into Frostmourne, stunned by a raging spirit and the like, your DPS will drop. Too many random factors to really make it matter.

15+ Year Old Account

It is so much easier to make lavish claims and offer no proof though Qieth! Lets apply some Math to the numbers that were given....

Wrath damage - 2,153,650
    Starfire damage - 1,852,513
    Total Nuke damage: 4,006,163

Looking over some logs our 2 Nukes offer upwards of 60% of our normal damage on a fight, so the other 40% of your damage from various 'other' sources (DoTs, Pets, AoE, etc.) comes to 2,670,775 damage over the fight. Bringing your grand total of damage up to 6,676,938 damage over the fight.

Our usual LK kill is over 15 minutes (900) seconds and looking at WoL average fight time is over 1000 seconds. So being generous and using a flat 15 minute fight duration, you did 6,676,938 damage, or:

6,676,938/900 = 7.4k DPS

I would be interested in hearing some more numbers if you really want to prove you effectively did 9k DPS over the fight.

Deleted

Elit is pretty much on the money ;

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...s=9684&e=10254

given that was a wipe night and don't have logs of our kill but you can see just over 60% damage done by the main 2 nukes .. 8k DPS 7.5k DPS(e) so yeah maybe he just saw 9k on recount :P ? Like when I see 9k on recount and in WoL it's a bit less

Deleted

Isn't this fun? Random theorycrafting is random (Citróen, this is nothing against you, I'm just trying to push a point :P)

Well, looking at our kill from yesterday, wrath and starfire was more like 76,9% of my total damage.

2.049.929 damage from starfire
    2.023.604 damage from wrath

Whats funny is that Citróne's wrath does 130.046 damage than mine, where my starfire does 197.416 more damage than his. Thus far, a lead to me on about 67370 damage. I had more wrath crits and starfire crits than him, which means more languish procs, but lets keep it at that.

Assuming that wrath + starfire is 76,9% of HIS damage as well, his total damage in that fight would be 5.209.574,8. Mine was 5.297.984.

Our fight lasted 14:04 minutes (844 seconds), giving me a rough DPS of 6277,2 (which is 200 eDPS below my recorded effective DPS). If his fight lasted the same time, his rough DPS would be 6172,5. If his fight was 15 minutes (900 seconds), his effective rough DPS would be 5788,4. In fact, in order for him to reach a rough effective DPS of 9000, the fight would have to last as little as 578 seconds (9:40 minutes) giving him a total DPS of 9013.

So, through this rough math, assuming he plays like I do, he can reach 9000+ effective DPS if the fight is less than ~10 minutes. However, the fastest Lich King kill recorded on WOL is 11:55 minutes. Damn!

This brings me back to my previous comment, that Citróne is not looking at *effective* DPS, but rather just "DPS" (which stops going down if he stops doing stuff) or that he was merely looking at the bit of the fight after the "wipe". My comment about "best moonkin in the world" was rather sarcastic for these very reasons. He did mention "Being 10th on Recount" himself, so that is probably what happened.

TL;DR (you're no fun!): His 9k DPS was probably not effective DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilt
    It is so much easier to make lavish claims and offer no proof though Qieth! Lets apply some Math to the numbers that were given....

Wrath damage - 2,153,650
    Starfire damage - 1,852,513
    Total Nuke damage: 4,006,163

Looking over some logs our 2 Nukes offer upwards of 60% of our normal damage on a fight, so the other 40% of your damage from various 'other' sources (DoTs, Pets, AoE, etc.) comes to 2,670,775 damage over the fight. Bringing your grand total of damage up to 6,676,938 damage over the fight.

Our usual LK kill is over 15 minutes (900) seconds and looking at WoL average fight time is over 1000 seconds. So being generous and using a flat 15 minute fight duration, you did 6,676,938 damage, or:

6,676,938/900 = 7.4k DPS

I would be interested in hearing some more numbers if you really want to prove you effectively did 9k DPS over the fight.
    Thi

this ist without dots, trinket dmg languish bli bla blub
    we didtn log the fight but in recount my languish did 206k dmg for this fight

15+ Year Old Account

If your reading comprehension is any indication of your ability in this game, I am going to have to call into question if you can even break 5k DPS, much less 9k.

the other 40% of your damage from various 'other' sources (DoTs, Pets, AoE, etc.) comes to 2,670,775
    That 200k of languish is included in that 2.6 million damage that was contained in the other 40% of your damage that DID NOT come from your nukes.

Please stop looking at recount and taking it as gospel. When you log a fight and check your eDPS you will see you were really only around 7k range which is remarkably average.

hey i lookt through the first page posts and dident see anything about the diff engi enchs if thay are better then the others for there slots of hands back and boots and was wondering if i should sue the ones stated in the guide or are the engi ones better?

and as a jc is it best to make 3 sp gems or is crite or haste better?

whats a good addon to help keep watch of your procs and dots. is that swaq one still good to use?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...avius&cn=Druci
    my armory if ya got any advice as to what i should change and stuff to increase my oomkinness

Quote Originally Posted by shadowrune
    hey i lookt through the first page posts and dident see anything about the diff engi enchs if thay are better then the others for there slots of hands back and boots and was wondering if i should sue the ones stated in the guide or are the engi ones better?
    Generally speaking, the cloak and boot boosts of engineering are better than their enchanting equivalents (that is, if you don't need the 12 hit from icewalker). I'm not sure about the hands, however...

Would like help optimizing this gear any thoughts, http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...+Romance+Novel

Quote Originally Posted by Monster12
    Would like help optimizing this gear any thoughts, http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...+Romance+Novel
    Only thing I would change is the +10 to all stats gem in your chest and going for the socket bonuses in your rings.

I don't know if it's just the armory playing with my eyes, but it shows only 2 major glyphs in your moonkin spec. Might wanna change that, mate.

I am insanely jealous of that mace.

Glad to see a moonkin wielding it tho, Grats!

Only thing I would change is the +10 to all stats gem in your chest and going for the socket bonuses in your rings.
    The legs/belt socket bonus are better than the non rep ring, so that should be left alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyren
    The legs/belt socket bonus are better than the non rep ring, so that should be left alone.
    I still go for socket bonus when it's +5 SP or more. The fact that the legs and belt bonus is better doesn't influence the rings at all, it's still better to go for those bonuses.

edit-
    Only get the socket bonus the the Ashen Verdict ring. The value of getting a SP/crit or SP/haste gem in there with the +5SP socket bonus is higher than gemming straight up SP for that ring, where as the other ring is a blue socket and a SP/Spi gem with the +5SP bonus is not worth it. i believe that is correct, people who have done the math can back me up or correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, as someone already mentioned, get Glyph of Moonfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Slonah
    I still go for socket bonus when it's +5 SP or more. The fact that the legs and belt bonus is better doesn't influence the rings at all, it's still better to go for those bonuses.

edit-
    Only get the socket bonus the the Ashen Verdict ring. The value of getting a SP/crit or SP/haste gem in there with the +5SP socket bonus is higher than gemming straight up SP for that ring, where as the other ring is a blue socket and a SP/Spi gem with the +5SP bonus is not worth it. i believe that is correct, people who have done the math can back me up or correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, as someone already mentioned, get Glyph of Moonfire.
    actually, he'd be better going straight SP tbh... he's over both crit and haste soft caps and at that point spellpower is worth much more than it was pre-caps

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Aluana
    actually, he'd be better going straight SP tbh... he's over both crit and haste soft caps and at that point spellpower is worth much more than it was pre-caps
    It really, really depends on current stats. I just updated my wrath calcs, because I wanted to totally troll you for being wrong, but as it turns out:

SP: 1,84 DPS
    Crit: 1,12 DPS
    Haste: 1,44 DPS
    Spirit: 0,62 (suprisingly strong(er))

This means that a pure SP gems will give (23 x 1,84 =) 42,32 DPS, and a SP/haste gem would give ((12 + 5) x 1,84 + 10 x 1,44 =) 42 DPS.

Despite haste growing in value, it seems that there is a tipping point (where i am now) where a) Pure SP becomes worth more, and b) It matters less than it has ever done before, because they are so close.

I only saw this shift with recent upgrades, and in truth, the numbers shift slightly if i have Glyph of Starfall on instead of Glyph of IS (which was on for the numbers above), giving a favor back to SP/haste gems.

Ah, what a great day. I post in the wrong thread, i forget to update wrath calcs. Lets try that again (with 3.3.3 Wrath Calcs):

Spell power: 1,98 DPS
    Crit: 1,29 DPS
    Spell haste: 1,4 DPS
    Spirit: 0,67 DPS

This means that a pure SP gems will give (23 x 1,98 =) 45,54 DPS, and a SP/haste gem would give ((12 + 5) x 1,92 + 10 x 1,4 =) 46,64 DPS.

Hah, as it turns out, i calculated 15 SP in my original post, not 17. So in the end, i win, i was right - but i failed so much getting there :P

lol you're all over the joint! this one was correct, the other one was incorrect =D

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there