Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ...

Re: Balance Druids – The Moonkin Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Garnik
    Seems wierd, the only thing Moonkin Form does is to provide 370% armor. Rather boring...

I hope they make some more out of Moonkin Form.
    Well, the crit aura still requires you to be in the form, as does Owlkin Frenzy. Even though they don't require Moonkin Form to learn in that build...
    Really, the effective loss so far is the old Imp. Moonkin (Haste Aura and sp from spirit) and the mana on spellcrits. But yes, the base talent sounds pretty lackluster at the moment.

there are still way to many direct damage increases, which Blizz said they're trying to get rid of as much as possible, and there's nothing mentioned on Mastery in there.
    Also, some of the talent dependancies are missing.

It's deffinetly a long way from being finished, so all we can do is just observe how it evolves.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Jamara
    First I need to ask on what server you play, cus obviouly gs don't excist there, on emerald dream it seems like gs is all, so i use those trinkets to get it higher or i will not get into raids and stuff.

And Rightclick said "Combination of glyphs is funky aswell. But i'd rather not comment as some people support this combination." I was recommended this and that the IS glyph was a MUST for balance druids.

And how can Nature's reach be a must when the range i got now usually works fine for me in raids and the tanks don't have problems with my aggro?

Owlkin frenzy I think is a quite good talent, since in icc you usually get taken by some aoe dmg which almost give it a promised proc chance.

I'll probably respecc back into ooc as i currently got 1 piece of the 251 set.

But genesis must be better than moonglow, as said in this thread before, moonglow is one of the worst mana efficient talents.
    GS is around on Defias Brotherhood EU as well, have no doub in that. But actually going on the GS bandwagon, and equipping subpar trinkets, is really, really bad.

- IS glyph have had no place in our glyphs since 3.3.3. There is just no argument for it anymore.

- Nature's Reach gives you a lot more mobility. If you have to stay closer to the boss, then you have a shorter range to move around on. Consider this: You are doing Marrowgar, and he goes into his Bonestorm. With shorter range, you will have to move more to get close enough to fire a few spells, which also cause you to take more damage from the bonestorm (as it increases the closer you are). The whole point is that, there is so much hazardous going around in ICC that you would want to stay away from. If you have a shorter range, you are being forced closer to the boss.

Even more important, there is nothing else that is worth more, that you can take with those points. Genesis is weak, and can't compete with Reach at all.

- Owlkin Frenzy is NOT a good talent. It is a filler, nothing more. The numbers I posted was obviously from ICC observations. Despite all the damage going about, it actually procs very rarely. On average on ICC figths, Owlkin Frenzy will increase your DPS by 0,5% per point. There is a lot of the ICC AOE that doesn't proc Owlkin Frenzy, so it is only a talent you throw things into when you have spare points. Despite being weak, Owlkin Frenzy is still stronger than Genesis.

- Yes, genesis is better than moonglow, but nothing constitutes more than one point in genesis, to get further down the tree. Its like taking Owlkin Frenzy 3/3 and then not taking 4% hit from Balance of Power, when you could get that talent, and remove 100 hit from your gear to convert it into crit and haste instead

Quote Originally Posted by Rightclick
    For GS stuff: keep your higher ilvl trinkets, but swap to what Qieth suggested at the beginning of the fight. The higher score will get you in a pug, but the better trinkets will do more dps
    Dont tell him to care about gearscore, mate. In any case, the difference in GS would not be that massive. Main GS comes from armor, not trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnik
    I have been playing a little around with the new Cata Balance Tree, and got this build out of it...
    We would very much like to keep this thread for *current* balance theorycrafting, not something that might come around in half a year

As for moonkin form, it should be obvious: Its in alpha stage. Chill. They most likely just haven't decided on what kind of buffs have to go on it.

Deleted

Alpha has a lot of things that need to be sorted out it's actually pretty smooth but don't jump on any bandwagons yet please , it's really childish to be debating things that are not even out of alpha stage yet , from what I've seen *giggle* there's a hell of a lot of things that haven't been updated on MMO so just wait it'll all become more clear soon !

Theorycrafting can wait till you have the full picture

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm loving boomkin.. Imho it's alot less stressful then cat but ehh.. Kitty seems to pull out the most.

Deleted

Time for retirement! Please join the new moonkin discussion thread in the stickie, or by clicking here!