Deleted

Re: Balance Druids – The Moonkin Guide

Stickied by popular demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    A few considerations when you comment my post above:

- Our guild only does 10 man raids
    - We are 12/14 Ulduar
    - My gear is offspec rolls (4/5 T8, 3 pieces from Ulduar 10 and the rest being mostly epics)
    - I am our MT, so i usually wont be boomkin in raids, unless i decide to bring to other tanks for the raid

I wonder if its even possible to achieve 600 haste, 20% crit, 1900 SP from 10 man gear.
    Well, i'm not really Ulduar geared yet, but atm i'm on 20% crit, 1924 SP and 378 Haste, so i'm guessing fully Ulduar geared you'd be close atleast, though our Tier pieces don't seem to have many haste/crit stats as I woulda liked compared to T7/7.5...

Hey there! First time poster, long time reader:

I've been playing a Bal. Durid for a little over 3 mths. I've notice that most of the Talent Spec's are not giving points to Genesis, I've only found one thread were they did implement that into their spec, but no where else.

Is it a good idea to remove the points from Genesis? Only to better used else...I'm currently lvl 42. Or should I ignore the points for now and focus on lvling to 80 then re-spec? (also reason for being low lvl'd in such a long period of time is due to wk full-time, mom and college, not too mention my lvl 80 Mage acct was banned without trial...*sniff*)

Not trying to be a newb, there is just so much out there on Druid's it get's confusing.

Thanks for your help.

Genesis is not going to be worth your talent points, that is for sure. If you look at raiding Balance druid meters you will notice that your DoT's tend to show up 3rd and 4th to your Starfire or Wrath. That being said, a minor damage increase in DoT's isn't going to improve enough to make the point worth taking. I can't even think of a talent, other then mp5 talents, that would even compare to the minimal damage increase it provides; let alone be less important then Genesis. Even on Mp5 talents, most people go for Moonglow because the benefit of having that mana kickback provides more damage in the end then say 1% increased DoT damage. Now, it can be argued that if you are having 0 mana problems, you could spec into Genesis by taking points out of Intensity or Moonglow. When you start factoring in this argument, you will end up digging into the basket of misfit talents and comparing them. Starfall, Typhoon, and even Owlkin Frenzy, in most cases, have better DPS increases then the Genesis DoT buff.

As far as conflicting druid guides: I don't know what your reading but Boomkin's have been pretty cut-and-dry since 3.0 Not including several changes since then, our stat weights have stayed relatively the same, our optimal rotation is pretty damn solidified (now including a movement Solar rotation), and our Glyphs and Talents have very few wobble points. That being said, I'd check out this guide and maybe look at the "<a href="http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t59457-m..._2_a/">Moonkin Beginner Guide, updated for 3.1.2</a>" located at ElitistJerks forums. Those are the most stable, and definitely the most static, guides.

short simple question misery overrides FF right? so why do we have 3\3 ff?

nvm, just tested it. ff overrides misery. wasn't it vice versa?
    btw, if ff overrides misery, sp's are losing dps cuz misery adds to their dmg, right?

Deleted

We mostly take iFF for the 3% crit (at 40s duration for iFF, much less moonkins were taking it, now it's basically always good).
    They don't stack, but neither the spriest nor you are losing the benefits from their talent.

how come they dont lose dmg if misery says: "and increases the benefit from spell power gained by your Mind Blast, Mind Flay and Mind Sear spells by 15%."

iff gives that to sp?

Personally, I thought Misery didn't get removed from the target upon Faerie Fire cast. I know it doesn't stack buff wise; but, it did show up. Now, assuming I'm wrong, I know it works as such: Regardless of what buff(s) are on the target, as long as the affect is active, it will provide all the passive benefits to said targets respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by qft
    how come they dont lose dmg if misery says: "and increases the benefit from spell power gained by your Mind Blast, Mind Flay and Mind Sear spells by 15%."
    Priests don't need the Misery debuff to get that bonus - it's there regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

I've only seen the build in the very first lines. I totally disagree with it, for both pve and pvp. Cba to read the rest text sorry.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by miLl3niUm
    I've only seen the build in the very first lines. I totally disagree with it, for both pve and pvp. Cba to read the rest text sorry.
    1) It's a PvE build, definitely not a PvP build

2) Please state what you don't agree with?

I don't quite get what's not to see here. I think that he could have removed Starfall as a "necessary" talent (thought I've recently had better success in Ulduar by far with it). Other then that, its good. I hop your not pointing out the unused talent points are you?

Are you serious? Even the glyphs are wrong. I will only talk about glyphs because I'm tired and I need to go to bed. I can explain you the talent tree too tomorrow if you want to.

Glyph of Dash. ????
    Glyph of Thorns. That's pvp/questing/soloing. Also, you shouldn't use thorns in raids, since it makes tanks' job harder. Get glyph of the wild instead.
    Glyph of Typhoon. Why not use it? Do you want all melee dps and casters (while casting aoe) to have their dps interrupted when you knock 5+ mobs back?

And a last quick note before I go to bed. Typhoon is pretty much needed at all bosses.

Good night.

EDIT: I've seen the unused talent points, don't worry.

Are you serious? Even the glyphs are wrong. I will only talk about glyphs because I'm tired and I need to go to bed. I can explain you the talent tree too tomorrow if you want to.

Glyph of Dash. ????
    Glyph of Thorns. That's pvp/questing/soloing. Also, you shouldn't use thorns in raids, since it makes tanks' job harder. Get glyph of the wild instead.
    Glyph of Typhoon. Why not use it? Do you want all melee dps and casters (while casting aoe) to have their dps interrupted when you knock 5+ mobs back?

And a last quick note before I go to bed. Typhoon is pretty much needed at all bosses.

Good night.

EDIT: I've seen the unused talent points, don't worry.
    I wasn't ready for all that fail. I can't believe that you A) debated about minor glyphs (?? there all terribad) B) tried to minimize pretty much the main chassis of the Balance spec as wrong and C) advised people to use Typhoon on ALL boss?

Dude, put some numbers together or get out. Seriously. Ill dance with you if you want. Typhoon's only utilized to the potential of the talent in XT. It's a waste of mana and/or a waste of a GCD on single target boss'. I'd like to see a WWS of you using Typhoon on all Ulduar fights.

I never go OOM. Look at my spec on armory (Cypriot-Sylvanas-EU). I can do 4-5k dps in many bosses in ulduar by using typhoon in all of the fights.

I never go OOM. Look at my spec on armory (Cypriot-Sylvanas-EU). I can do 4-5k dps in many bosses in ulduar by using typhoon in all of the fights.
    Show me, the math is so against you it's not even funny. I want a WWS report. I'm sorry if I sound demanding and brash but you can't light up a guiding thread with such ideas without some form of proof. You realize your going against the grain of like 90% of the community on this one.

I have few ulduar bosses kill screenshots showing recount dps. Do you want me to upload them? It's gonna take a while, I don't have good upload speed (they are 25MB in total).