Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: So how ridiculous is your raid dps as 0/13/58 now?

I tried out destro last night on a dummy - 3100 dps with pet and Corruption, 3030 dps with pet and no Corruption. I'm not sure if this is low for a dummy or not, but it's higher than I expected considering my gear level (not quite BIS Naxx 25)

I like it.

R.I.P. YARG

Ya Gherk its seems way low - i hit consistantly over 4k and up to 4.7k on dummy last night as 3/14/54 on the full health dummy due not having sp in raid to get to my cap. But man does it chew the mana - will have to see how much of a problem it is in a raid environment. have 2500 sp 720 haste with spellstone and 20% crit. Also i found that dropping chaos bolt from rotation actually caused a dps increase im assuming because it does not crit as often as incinerate according to recount.

Ive been playing around with this spec over the last couple of days.

What i really like is when Pyroclasm procs and u cast Immo it then also Buffs Conflag.

I start all fights with CoD > Immo > Inc > Conf > CB > Inc > Inc > Inc then just use conflg/CB when they are up.

Reason im using CB after Conf is to make the most out of Pyroclasm.

Yes the Haste from blackdraft is kinda wasted on CB but i think it makes up for it.

then again i havnt really done the maths on it. If someone has let us know what you do and why?

I'm really glad about the new destruction changes, since they allow non-affliction and non-demo warlocks to perhaps play a style that they find more appealing.
    Regarding a supposed future nerf, I hope Blizzard acknowledges that the 3.1.2 changes made deep destruction about equal to the other trees (Please see Elitist Jerks Simulation craft for further information: http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t48311-s...ost_3_1_specs/). And furthermore, wasn't their intention to make most specs somewhat similar dps-wise?
    According to Simcraft, the 0/13/58 does 75 more dps than 53/0/18 (with a doomguard), and about 500-600 more than 0/40/30 +1. Indeed, the deeper meta-builds are still much lower then the other trees that choose their end tier talents. However, I guess that's somewhat of a sacrifice since they buff the raid more then they buff themselves (allowing ele shamans to have more dps, and so forth).

So no, if Blizzard looks at the grand perspective, they will hopefully not nerf 3.1.2 destro. But if they do, I hope it's nothin major since I love the spec so much

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah its my gear. Not enough stuff to switch around yet. Too little haste.

I have to start raiding more :P

R.I.P. YARG

According to Simcraft, the 0/13/58 does 75 more dps than 53/0/18 (with a doomguard), and about 500-600 more than 0/40/30 +1.
    Very true!!! I tested it in Ulduar last night. I was 40/30 for a few weeks and switched to 13/58 and my dps went up alot. At 40/30 my fellow Afflic lock was killing me on dps and damage but now I was actually beating him on some bosses or only a few dps pts below him. Im lovin it! Oh.. Im averaging about 3800-4500 dps. I have yet to see anything higher than 5k. One day.

Quote Originally Posted by Baako
    Yes the Haste from blackdraft is kinda wasted on CB but i think it makes up for it.
    Actually it is the opposite. Chaos bolt by itself is higher dps than Incinerate and if you make it 30% faster guess what, it is still better dps than a 30% faster incinerate.

15+ Year Old Account

The sad thing is that this build will probably get nerfed.

Macro:
    /cast Curse of Doom
    /cast Conflagrate
    /cast Chaos Bolt
    /cast Incinerate

Spam this button until immolate is up, then cast immolate. Repeat. This works because every spell is on cooldown except incinerate, so it will cast incinerate.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    The sad thing is that this build will probably get nerfed.

Macro:
    /cast Curse of Doom
    /cast Conflagrate
    /cast Chaos Bolt
    /cast Incinerate

Spam this button until immolate is up, then cast immolate. Repeat. This works because every spell is on cooldown except incinerate, so it will cast incinerate.

You can't macro multiple spells unless they don't cause a GCD.

the change seems to be perfect so far, if your rogues and mages know what they're doing, you wont be beating them but you wont be losing to them either.

After 2 Raid nights as 0/13/58 I have nothing bad to say. I'm loving it and finally feel like I can compete with the Mages. Blizzard has done a great job on this one. My only Fear is they will take back the changes or "Nerf" it. Iv listened to weeks of Mage's talking about how UBER they were. Its been nice to have the potential to keep up and/or beat them again.

The truth is, in the Confalg hot fix, they nerfed the Destro tree so bad it wasn't even competitive. I see this change as a Fix and not a buff. So when other classes start QQing about it. Tell them to consider losing 30% of the Damage from any of there specs in one hot fix. Then ask them selves how happy they would be with there class.

E.

heh its a bit insane.. i went to a hc just for fun today, i had 6,3k dps on bosses, 3,4 overall without aoe-ing, havent ever seen higher,

but in raid environment deep destro is still not ot top.. this boost is nice, you can finally compete with other classes, (cause affliction sucks big time on most of the bosses due to their adds spawning and what not) .. but it finally feels great playing a warlock, wish there were any left on my server

Quote Originally Posted by Wheres
    With a Boomkin, or Unholy DK, they have a +magic dmg Debuff that they put on the boss, which has pretty much the same effect as curse of elements, and since they dont stack, and their buffs will be up in their normal dps rotations, using elements does you no good.

Before I try to help you choose a spec that will work best for you and your raid, lets check a couple things.

As for your raid really wanting you to Shadowbolt alot, do you guys run with mages that uses scorch? Or a mage that puts winterschill on the boss? If so, your shadowbolt buff does not stack with their 5% increased crit buff. If you dont have mages and your raid needs the 5% buff, I recommend you go Heavy Demo, (a spec where you actually use shadow bolt) your current spec is tailored more towards incinerate. I have tried and tested both of the following specs and done quite well with them. Before you see that they are heavy demo, and think about dismissing them, try them. I have had great success with these specs, awesome raid buff and awesome dmg!

Note that with these specs, you will gain ~10% crit, and I gained ~500 spell dmg. All from you and your pet being active and buffed.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000 Without pet raid buff
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000 With a raid buff your pet brings. (Should spec into it if you dont usually have shammies)

This is also a great link put together by a guy and posted on MMO for us, it will walk you through the multiple specs//glyphs//rotations. It is pretty well done and I use it myself.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=47314.0

The big thing is getting you into a spec that benefits the most from Shadowbolt, if you are destro, you really want to be fire. Way to many wasted talents if you try to shadowbolt.

Hope this helps!
    thnx. the problem werent guys from my guild, they dont realy care what build i have aslong as i do damage
    the guys that were telling me to take sb, were some random guys in a pug for naxx10.
    any way ill just try destro as i just love that tree and dont realy feel myself with the demon tree.

atm i have only 160hit and 1930sp unbuffed, should i take the suppression or just leave that and change my 19sp gems to hit gems (only keep 3 so i dont lose my metaslot).

You should defiantly go for the 3% hit from talents. And you do need quite a bit more hit. Gemming for it is fine for now, eventually you should pick it up on your gear and be able to replace your gems.

but what talent should i give up to have the 3% hit.
    i could replace my empowered imp, but wouldnt be that a big lose of dps?
    i think this build would be a good built till i have more hit on my gear
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...0&version=9901

Im much impresed of the new destro
    My alt 4set t7/t7.5 blue helm with some naxx 10 staff ,trinket from Illidan and badges one did even 5.7k dps at emalons trash on a pug (ofc i didnt had a flask)

And i was like /flex

13,7k CB its rly strong conflag and inci a bit lower

ofc i got agro and did soulshater xD

Im enjoying it alot reminds me the agro problems on TBC when i used to do SB spam but yea thats how destro locks should be, at least soulshater is there for a reasson,

If there is a nerf inc must be a small one since afli and destro are rly close atm afaik

A little question on the rotation.

Do you conflag as soon as the cooldown is up (making the rotation more of a prority system) or do you wait to refresh Immolate and then conflag, making it a strict rotation ?

15+ Year Old Account

I use it whenever its ready. If I got an option (being around a CB or LT) then it's just a bonus not to be forced to use 1 charge on immolate
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I wouldn't use the backdraft charges on CB, as Incinerate has a longer casting time and so it benefits more from the haste.
    ˙spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ʎɯ ןןɐ ʎɐןd ı

I must agree with everyone here at just how good the destruction spec is now. Imho its the most fun spec too play also so thats an added bonus. Reading this post though I have realised I put CoE on raid bosses even with a boomkin in the group, so I must thank you all for that.

In heroics with no other caster buffs such as ele shammy or boomkin in group or even a Uh DK in group I normally put out about 3.7k dps on bosses, but today i managed to get 4.3kdps with not caster buffs(using CoE as curse) is that about right? Im naxx 10/25 geared but alot more from Naxx 10 with Ignighter Rod and Firesoul weps from Ulduar 10. I have around 350 haste, 2100sp and 20% crit. should 4.3k dps be about right for thouse stats?

P.s We should not say how good this spec is as were asking for a nerf :P Lets just say Average for now
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)