Drop engineering for..?

I've sotood by Engineering for awhile now. I don't PVP much or anything, and hearing that it is more of a PVP thing, I'm wondering what I should drop it for.

I'm a Tank Pally, and I want to get some use out of it besides one item, like the goggles for engineering (once I replace my goggles, I want a Prof that will have a use for raiding). Was wondering what would be good.

I'm keeping mining, so maybe JC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Jektar

Re: Drop engineering for..?

I personally have JC on my Prot Warrior and I love it.

I'd say either JC/BS. JC has some great gems that you could make a profit for, problem is learning all the recipes from the vendor will take time. BS is just a bit of a pain to level (I think more than J/C) Just be prepared to hate leveling from 280-300 on both.

Just keep in mind what you get with both though. JC = 3 awesome gems of your choice that match ANY socket color (Nice if you have those red sockets as a tank and want that 6-12 stam socket bonus) . BS = Two extra sockets that you can put any gem in (Exactly like the belt buckle)

3 41 stam gems instead of 24 = 51 more stam. (17 x 3) where 17 is how much those jc gems are over the blue ones
    2 sockets = 48 more stam

Also nice if you want to dual spec and make good str/sp gems. Another thing is crafted BS items over gems. The epic items take a bit of mats but sell well, but once people start clearing heroics and such, they dont really care for titansteel. But they will still need gems for raids. Nice steady $$$ flow. Not to mention, buy cheaper uncut gems, repost cut. Profit. Especially metas

That sounds nice... I Rarely make a few gold off my Engineering xD!~

Do you know any guide/charts telling me about how much of a certain gem/ore I need to get to level JC from level 1 to 450?
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.

http://www.wow-professions.com/wowgu...ing_guide.html

I used this as a guideline for when I dropped Engi for JC on my warrior. (The numbers get a bit flaky near the end, though, so you should try and keep track yourself.)

As for the profession change, it's been fantastic so far. Getting a crab plus the prismatic gems ended up giving me a bit over 2k extra health than what I'd had before leveling JC. Plus, prismatic gems for other specs are a very nice perk
    I'm your maker, not thy saviour.

JC>*

(sup trollpatrol? ^^)

JC is strong... That's why I was thinking of getting it. I don't want to drop mineing, but I might for BS considering you are a better tank in general if you ahve those two (Thanks to the +Sockets allowing you to gem for some of the needed things, and the super gems being strong).

Thank you for the guides.

Theres like maybe 4 recipes that will make u bank with JC and I dont see my BS guildies making much on their prof unless they farm mats for titansteel gear and post it in the AH... every1 and their mom went JC so the prices on gems has dropped massively. They need to bring back BoP gear like the good ole Stormherald (stunherald) days with BS. That, I think, will encourage people to go to other professions... for the sexy ass bop gear 8)

Crackaine- it's like crack for the sophisticated man.

Patch 3.1.2... RIP engineering you will be remember with fond memories for the edge you gave arena

Go JC, you'll never look back. Unless you're on my server, then roll anything else. I don't want competition ;D

I'd say the inscription enchant would be worth it. The Extra dodge helps on avoidance. They'll be Epic gems coming out sooner then later in the next Raid.

the trinket for JC is priceless tho it isnt just all about the gems for tanks =p
    i also hear the holy trinket is quite nice... btw you dont have to maxx it out to get the bonuses i think 375 is where you get them

15+ Year Old Account

JC all the way
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

15+ Year Old Account

on my prot pali i have BS/Mining. BS for the extra sockets is nice, two extra sockets for stam means more life and more spell dmg. Mining for basically the same reason for the extra stam buff from it and well for the mats and a farming prof if need be. If I had to drop one it would be for JC.

In your case Mine all the mats needed to get JC to 450 and all the mats to get Mining to 450. Then drop one or both depending on your mats. That way you get the best of both. Will take alot of mats/gold but hey better than engineering if you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by arcticfox
    I'd say the inscription enchant would be worth it. The Extra dodge helps on avoidance. They'll be Epic gems coming out sooner then later in the next Raid.
    Aren't inscripton enchants shoulderS? I wouldn't really care much for that if I can get something a tad weaker thanks to Hodir dailies.

I was THINKING about doing LW, but that'd be ab ad idea since hte only use from that would be it's leg/bracer enchants.. but they are mighty fine..

deffinatly Jc, especially since you have mining already, even with the upcoming nerf, its still op.