Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: 3.1.2 RIP Engineering

"Cool stuff on the way. Hang in there."

They're planning stuff, chill.

The frost grenade cometh!

Oh wait.

imho, they should have made more of the current engineer goodies BOP. This would have saved the profession. Think about it, if the choppahs, mana injectors, etc were BOP; then you'd actually have a reason to take up engineering. It's to late now though, they should have made those BOP when they introduced the schematics. As it is now, there's not one decent reason why anyone would have this profession. RIP indeed.

Edit: And some of you actually listen and believe what blues say?! How many times have they said something, only to find out it was wrong. These are the same people that say "Soon", "We plan", etc. Never take what any blue says as gospel.

quite stupid of u to think engineering is fair in the arena
    stealth detect
    extra movement increase
    trinket

chanting-2 extra small chants
    alch-healing pot a bit nice but mana not worth it
    herb-small heal can get auto attack neutralised
    mining-not much health
    skinning-bit of crit
    JC-extra strenght gems good now but not in future when epic gems come out, also trinket
    Leatherworker-wrist chant (oh boy!)
    inscription-soulder chant (oh boy pt 2)
    smithing - extra sockets yay
    tailoring-back chant (oh body pt 3)

really guys come on i agree this removes some of the perks for engineering but u guys still got ur trinkets and such plus if ur human with the stealth pre nerf goggles u can see anything

enough of this arena imo should be unaffected by profession "perks" only straight up gear should work

really go QQ on blizz's forums i hope u get banned

Re: Reply

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    stealth detect
    extra movement increase
    trinket

mining-not much health
    skinning-bit of crit
    JC-extra strenght gems good now but not in future when epic gems come out, also trinket

really guys come on i agree this removes some of the perks for engineering but u guys still got ur trinkets and such plus if ur human with the stealth pre nerf goggles u can see anything

enough of this arena imo should be unaffected by profession "perks" only straight up gear should work

Was nitro boots a powerful enchant? Yes, absolutely. Was it out of balance when compared against other professions? I would argue it was right where it should be. Engineering is clearly designed as a pvp profession, if you’re serious about PvP it was a good idea to level it. Nitro boots were nice, they helped with mobility slightly for less mobile classes (the ones who will really feel this nerf), but they could also backfire or be countered with an immediate snare in reaction to the boots. They were only effective when not snared and usually could only be used once an arena. Good? Yes. Overpowered? No.

stealth detect
    extra movement increase
    trinket

mining-not much health
    skinning-bit of crit

Please leave or learn to spell.

Edit: Oh, and...

Enchanting-2 extra, small enchants. (Beats Engineering, although I believe enchanting needs more as well)
    alchemy-Being able to use these pots in the arena is more than just nice. And that's not the only "perks" they get.
    Gathering Professions-N/A
    JC-Do I even need to say anything about JC?
    Leather worker-Still beats Engineer
    inscription-Still beats Engineer
    smithing -Still beats Engineer
    tailoring-Still beats Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by BobCharabini
    Sure Engineering sucks, but did you guys even read the front page?

"Cool stuff on the way. Hang in there."

They're planning stuff, chill.
    What Blizz means when they say "cool stuff" really means "another worthless piece of garbage which does absolutely nothing to benifit you" to us. Most likely the "cool stuff" promised is going to be more flashlights... but wait! The new flashlights, are going to come in an range of vibrant and pretty colors! Red, orange, green, blue, purple and hot pink!

YEAAAAH! 3 minute rainbows every hour! >
    Rule# 1: Do not turn a creature of lesser intelligence into a creature of higher intelligence - Cerebral brain function rarely translates in a polymorph... But sometimes it does. Voracious creatures such as serpents and wolves need not have their predatory instincts honed with a human mind. We feel obligated to quote Small Claims Disaster Case 12651-B, Labeled, "Bartholomew: The Bear who Bears Arms."
    -Polymorphic Rules and Regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Quadremenox
    What Blizz means when they say "cool stuff" really means "another worthless piece of garbage which does absolutely nothing to benifit you" to us. Most likely the "cool stuff" promised is going to be more flashlights... but wait! The new flashlights, are going to come in an range of vibrant and pretty colors! Red, orange, green, blue, purple and hot pink!

YEAAAAH! 3 minute rainbows every hour! >
    It's funny because it's true. What was our last cool stuff? A loud-as-fuck epic flyer? Defffffiinnneeeetttlly...

It's whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms iNTER:SEKT
    It's funny because it's true. What was our last cool stuff? A loud-as-fuck epic flyer? Defffffiinnneeeetttlly...

It's whatever.
    And the epic flyer was just an upgrade from something that was already in place from before WOTLK.
    And some people say that the mote extractor is a perk. This is a new expansion, I'd like to see something...new.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms iNTER:SEKT
    Was it out of balance when compared against other professions? I would argue it was right where it should be. Engineering is clearly designed as a pvp profession, if you’re serious about PvP it was a good idea to level it.
    lol out of balence? dude read my post
    there is no such thing as a pvp profession that is not what the idea of professions were i dare u to ask if engineering is a profession ment for pvp on forums watch the Dev's crash on u hard
    yes it does have more advantages,thank god this was fixed should have been fixed long ago
    REST IN PEACE GOOD RIDDENCE

only profession change needed in arena is (provided engineering gets rebuffed which it will) alch mana pot from like 700 (1000 mana with trinket maybe) mana to prolly double that

there is no such thing as a pvp profession that is not what the idea of professions were i dare u to ask if engineering is a profession ment for pvp on forums watch the Dev's crash on u hard
    yes it does have more advantages,thank god this was fixed should have been fixed long ago

only profession change needed in arena is (provided engineering gets rebuffed which it will) alch mana pot from like 700 (1000 mana with trinket maybe) mana to prolly double that
    You, sir, are retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by dvdjrkns
    Please leave or learn to spell.

Edit: Oh, and...

Enchanting-2 extra, small enchants. (Beats Engineering, although I believe enchanting needs more as well)
    alchemy-Being able to use these pots in the arena is more than just nice. And that's not the only "perks" they get.
    Gathering Professions-N/A
    JC-Do I even need to say anything about JC?
    Leather worker-Still beats Engineer
    inscription-Still beats Engineer
    smithing -Still beats Engineer
    tailoring-Still beats Engineer
    lol really dude? 2 small chants that are extra it does help no where near it a bit of extra stats vs utility in arena? use ur head dude
    alch is nice but mana pot is soooooo small and healing while a good size incomparision it's barely above the herb 450 still up by like 300 health
    the LW scribing,smithing, and tailoring are all a bit of stats
    stats inface that go onto items that enchanter's can enchant for not as big an increaes
    look at LW 100 something attack power and chanting is 50 oh wow huge jump 50 attack power vs nitroboots and stealth detect.... come on man
    inscription haven't compared to hodir exalted but same idea

and ment to type edit spelling forgot

The bombs are great for PvE AoE, amirite? The extra shock damage from the glove enchant was definitely meant to add to my dps on Yogg-Saron, amirite? The rockets and glove haste are supposedly "the best we have to offer", and they're mediocre.

PvE? You don't get a lot from Engineering for that either. The tinkers still don't measure up to the other enchants available right now. From both perspectives, this is simply a broken profession right now.

Seriously? The dev's will crush me? Work on your spelling, and I'll love to fight you again sometime.

and ment to type edit spelling forgot
    I don't even...

And for those of us who couldn't possibly care less about Arena?
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Blizz is swinging the nerfbat with a blindfold on.
    Class (A) does to much dmg VS (B).But (A) needs that dmg to kill(C)
    BLIZZ RESPONCE: NERF (A) DPS to be more balanced for (B). (A) is now too weak to kill (C). (A) crys OP on (C) from now on.

IF all you do is nerf there will never be any balance.(not that you can really achieve any balance)

Deleted

Another Engineering-is-dead topic by another whining kid with more crying children who agree and insult Blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    Another Engineering-is-dead topic by another whining kid with more crying children who agree and insult Blizzard?
    So true..

God it feels great that the nitro boots are disabled from arena
    engineering has nothing to do with arena!

It just gives you a larger advantage over opponents. You cant expect every arena player to have engineering

so lets see how the engineer users will play now without there favourite tools
    no more standing around like a lemon doing your stuff and pressing nitro boots to get away when its becomming to hot for ya!!

Time to shift to more area awareness and less depending on items

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    Please show me the usefulness of Engineering in PVE that cannot be replicated by another profession, a mount, or by flying 30 seconds in any direction of a raid instance.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

stealth detect
    extra movement increase
    trinket

mining-not much health
    skinning-bit of crit

enchating - can't backfire
    alchemy - can't backfire
    herb - can't backfire
    skin - can't backfire
    mining - can't backfire
    JC - can't backfire

can you see where i'm going with this.

GLC has been nerfed and barely anyone i know of runs with it
    Rocket boots are fine, they can win and loose you games.
    Gloves provides some nice bonus's but no more then any other proff
    Helm, dropping a shit load of stats to gain advantage against, what 1 classs wooptidoo (and no, before you say it, "good" druids start in tree).

the proffesion has no real perks other then them, sure the glove enchats are ok for pve, but tbh i'd much rather be jc/insc/bs/ench/lw on any of my chars i use for pve.

don't even get me started with making money

so for a proffession who's only perk is a advantage in pvp, i think thats quite resonable don't you?