Thread: Drain Soul bug

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Drain Soul bug

Just got killed by a 8909 Drain Soul tick (non-crit, if it can crit)
    I asked the Warlock how, he said 'It's an execute, QQ more noob' and I promptly reported him.

Can anyone explain what happened? I'm sporting 1051 resilience, by the way.

Edit: Can post screenshots if needed, but still doing arenas

Re: Drain Soul bug

Drain Soul does 4x damage if you're below 25% (it can't crit). So it's a bit like execute / hammer of wrath. It ticks very slowly though, so you have some time to interrupt / stun him if you have any of those off cooldown.

Does it normally tick for 2400..? That's stronger than my Mind Flay in full PvE gear.

if they are affliction i suppose it could

in pve it tick for 15k

so i can see in pvp it ticking for 8k in pve non crits prolly at 10k

it does *4 when you are under 25% and gets enhanced by existing affliction debuffs on you ...

Many class changes. You won't like the ones made to your own class but you'll think the changes made to the 9 other classes are all overpowered. Tigole

Yeah in PVE with all the buffs on the mob itll tick for 12-17k depending on gear.

So PVP sounds like it was working as intended.

u reallly reported somone for calling u a noob.. ur pretty sad :

Yea thats normal, bellow 25% health it does 4x more damage and also drains do up to 18% more damage if there are 3 affliction spells active on the target.

8.9k is very realistic even in PvP gear
    - Khody is the Lord and God of the Forums. When spoken to, you may only refer to him as the following:
    'Lord Khody'
    'My Liege'
    'The One True King'
    'God'

I was actually at 37% when I died.
    Also, this somehow isn't overpowered? Wut?

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    Does it normally tick for 2400..? That's stronger than my Mind Flay in full PvE gear.
    Mind Flay ticks every sec and instantly does dmg.

Drain Soul ticks every 3sec and you are not doing any dmg before 3sec.
    It's just like a 3sec cast that does 2k+ dmg, 8k+ if you are under 25% hps.

And it takes your Soul :P

what matters is that you were under 25% hps when started "casting/channeling" it.

And it's actually the only "execute" that is not instant.. so no I don't see it as something overpowered.
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

If he starts draining at 25% but you get healed the buffs to drain soul still apply. And no its not OP, as the poster above me states, it takes 3 sec's for it to tick, you can interrupt it.
    - Khody is the Lord and God of the Forums. When spoken to, you may only refer to him as the following:
    'Lord Khody'
    'My Liege'
    'The One True King'
    'God'

i like how he complains that a warlock has a exicute spell on a 3 second timer, but every other class that has one, thats not OP. Just warlocks.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Drain Soul has been this way since before WOTLK came out. I think it was introduced in the final patch before WOTLK.

I asked the Warlock how, he said 'It's an execute, QQ more noob' and I promptly reported him.
    I lol'd btw..

He makes fun of you because you may be clueless (noob) concerning the warlock class (which seems to be obvious).

You report him.. and then you create a QQ thread here..

"QQ more noob" seems to apply really well in your case.. not sure why you would reporte someone that is just describing the truth.
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

Yeah its a 15 sec channel with 5 ticks, ticks on 12, 9, 6, 3 and 0 (before haste). You also get the +12% damage from Death's Embrace. I'm guessing it counts as periodic damage for Shadow Embrace too, which is another 5% if it's up. Oh and +18% through Soul Siphon if you've got 3 affliction affects on the target. And as noted above you get the x4 multiplier if the target is under 25% when the cast begins (with Heroism/Bloodlust, mine gets down to about 9.5 seconds, so the ticks are a bit less than 2 seconds apart, very juicy).

It seems to be balanced for pve more than anything...I'm used to the fact that Affliction can start off a bit behind on a boss and then catches up at the end between Death's Embrace and replacing SB filler with Drain Soul.

I have to admit in pvp I don't get the chance to use it much. By the time someone is less than 25%, they're pretty much going to die before I could cast DS and wait for the first tick in a 'stack's on' environment. And one on one, they're wailing on me, shortening the duration, or just interrupting/cc'ing. My best opportunity to cast it is if the target is very distracted with one or two people, and it's a close fight so his health is dropping very slowly (or he's getting heals and I can get DS to land >25% between heals).

And...in pugs I still get people asking why I'm starting to drain soul so early >.<

10% (Shadow Embrace) + 12% (Death's Embrace) + 13% (if CoE was up) + 18% (soul siphon) + 400% (execute range) + 20% (Haunt) = 473% normal damage.

This is amazing against healers in an arena match 1v1 (when 2 dps kill eachother, I play lock/rogue)... Put up your normal fear rotation with a full row of dots, fear will break early every time, but you should get them to 25%. They're going to run for a pillar, make sure all your dots are still up and start draining soul.

At this point they'll try to LOS and heal but LOS doesn't work (channeled spell) and a full row of dots plus DS ticking 8-9k every 3 seconds is hard for anyone to heal through. Even if they get heals up, as long as the same DS is channeling, the 400% multiplier still applies regardless of their HP level. One felpuppy silence during this and they're toast.

Also, there are many players (like the OP) don't realize a huge hit is coming from DS and won't be panicking to get their health up as much as they should and they'll promptly die. It always makes me LOL. But lets face it, affliction locks should kill healers even without this... it just takes a bit longer.

Its the most situational execute in the game, most (hammer, execute, etc.) are instant and devastating, ours requires a full row of dots and a 3 second channel. QQ moar sound right.

Quote Originally Posted by qae
    Mind Flay ticks every sec and instantly does dmg.
    Doesn't instantly do damage, just pretty quick since the first tick is in 1 second prehaste.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Notnicebb
    Drain Soul has been this way since before WOTLK came out. I think it was introduced in the final patch before WOTLK.
    The final patch before wotlk was 3.0, which is the patch that makes non-wotlk players able to play properly. If they didn't have this patch, non-wotlk players couldn't see your gear, your new mounts, nor things like Stormwind Harbor. Makes for an extremely glitchy game. Ultima Online had this problem.

How to win as an Affliction warlock: Get them to 25%, haste trinket / Drain Soul. Watch healer panic trying to heal through 8000 damage every 2 seconds for 10 seconds, above and beyond whatever else is ticking.

R.I.P. YARG

OP is apparently a douche

this spell doesnt deserve a thread anywhere..........wow...an execute with million conditions.. so op...