Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Engy and now JC whos next?

I doubt they will be nerfing any other professions soon. And really, JC deserved to be nerfed and here is why (I'll base my argument on the benefits casters get):

Enchanting: 38 spellpower increase;
    Alchemy: 37 spellpower increase;
    Blacksmithing: 38 spellpower increase;
    Leatherworking: 37 spellpower increase;
    Jewelcrafting (as of 3.2): 39 spellpower increase;

As you can see, all these professions give a similar buff. However, they way the Dragon's Eyes worked, a jewelcrafter could get a much bigger bonus.
    We all know that blue socket gems are weaker than yellow/red socket gems and they can't be avoided because we need atleast 2 for the Chaotic Skyflare Diamond to work.

Casters would need to use 2 Purified/Glowing Twilight Opals to trigger it. This is already a 20 spellpower loss for not using Runed Scarlet Rubies in those sockets.
    A jewelcrafter, on the other hand, could put Runed Dragon's Eyes in the blue sockets and recieve not only the meta requirement, but also a 69 (!) spellpower increase (this is assuming the caster puts 3 blue socket gems which most casters won't do) or a 59 spellpower increase over a 2xblue gem/1x red gem combination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Delijica
    I doubt they will be nerfing any other professions soon. And really, JC deserved to be nerfed and here is why (I'll base my argument on the benefits casters get):

Enchanting: 38 spellpower increase;
    Alchemy: 37 spellpower increase;
    Blacksmithing: 38 spellpower increase;
    Leatherworking: 37 spellpower increase;
    Jewelcrafting (as of 3.2): 39 spellpower increase;

As you can see, all these professions give a similar buff. However, they way the Dragon's Eyes worked, a jewelcrafter could get a much bigger bonus.
    We all know that blue socket gems are weaker than yellow/red socket gems and they can't be avoided because we need atleast 2 for the Chaotic Skyflare Diamond to work.

Casters would need to use 2 Purified/Glowing Twilight Opals to trigger it. This is already a 20 spellpower loss for not using Runed Scarlet Rubies in those sockets.
    A jewelcrafter, on the other hand, could put Runed Dragon's Eyes in the blue sockets and recieve not only the meta requirement, but also a 69 (!) spellpower increase (this is assuming the caster puts 3 blue socket gems which most casters won't do) or a 59 spellpower increase over a 2xblue gem/1x red gem combination.
    Dont forget that they can also get socket bonuses for free which gave them another 10-20 more stats
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

Blizzard's policy is really dumb. They are so obsessed with making everything equal, but if you keep trying to make things equal you will end up just making them the same. Pretty much the only reason to choose a crafting profession as a raider is the crafter only bonus. There used to be BoP crafted gear that was good, but that wasn't fair, so lets make it all BoE. The same goes for classes. Shadow priests, for example, used to do pretty bad dps, but a raid still needed them for the mana regen, which was based on damage done. Now the mana regen is offered by several classes, and you just need to hit 1 skill while VT is up to get the full mana regen.

As everything is going to be equal, JC will soon get a 2k healing overtime instead of increased stats, really like the Herbalism bonus as DPS..

-If you rolled JC for fun and not because its über awesome, what are you whining about?-
    remenber the excuse blizzard used to remove the dif paths proff's had?armor smith?weapon smith? gnome or goby? leather had some and it was the first to go.
    blizz= we dont want to give each prof a specific role with the specializations so that ppl feel they need to be that prof to complete the class they use.so we buffing all profs to provide something for everyone.

current version.
    JC Bonus-3 dragon's eye they match any socket.you can get the free set bonus and your meta gem.

after the nerf and the new epic gems come out which will be at the same stat level of dragon's or better.

JC Bonus-3 dragon's eye they match any socket.you can get the free set bonus and your meta gem.
    now we get 3 gems that EVERYONE else that has gold can buy without having to pick up JC.
    Sometimes i wonder if the ppl that are always defending nerfs could be blue's on regular accounts? heck why not we have a secret cult ppl that mastermind mini/maxing stats in game just to win in arena.

Skinning is obviously next to be nerfed that 50 crit rating is alot Im considering leveling it just for that extra crit in arena
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadii
    JC is not only about the actual gems. The prismatic gems give you the possibilities to get most if not all socket bonuses and u don't have to lose stats by going with a orange or purple gem. Just think a little before posting. JC right now is the best proff for most classes, the 2nd one varies.

Even though I despise the fact they are taking off the prismatic effect, I can see why they are doing it. They don't want everyone to be a JC, like how it is now. More than half the people in my guild are JCers because it is the best one out there, while other proffs are being put aside. It's like when a classes becomes OP, what happens? They get nerfed. Except this time, we all get nerfed.
    NO! Death Knights tankers are OP and they get even more OP DD
    atm no1 can compare with them they have much more stamina...their frost presence just rocks 80% armor contribution...lol from what that is..??i understand bears they get fur.. they are big and they have much armor but Frost Presence?? Nothing can compare with it....Devotion aura.. hahaha 2k armor and 6% more heal if upgraded...the warrior one is slightly better than the pala`s..i think blizzard loves DKs actually with blood/frost dks can tank without healer....on kel 25 he can use the damn anti magic shell for the frostballs ..then mark of blood and rune tap for 20% hp every 30 seconds...no they aren`t OP

Come guys shut up with the crying already HAVENT you seen all the previous posts about how the mass of players wanted JC nerfs Its not like Blizz just posted the nerf out of the blue and all of a sudden Every retard in the game realized they hate JC's. so stop crying dont be like them noobs in the PVP forums
    pretending theres melee vs caster inbalance. you really think if there was such a big group of ppl complainig for along time about it blizz woulda turned around and tryed blaming it on 2 profesions.

flying carpets are op!

tailoring is a bigger dps upgrade than JC so i would expect it to be nerfed
    also they will make bs sockets a random color and will have to make it fit the socket for the bonus if you want it
    inscription will give you the same enchant as hodir but for free
    make enchanters only able to enchant 1 ring..

hey.. it would make sense now wouldnt it...
    maybe not... but its fucking blizzard so you never know

Leave Blacksmithing Alone!!

Does your world fall apart just because someone else has 5 more of stat X than you have?

What does it equal? 2 more DPS... tops!

Stop crying for the love or God or I will call you a nanny who can soothe you.

I once drank a lava lamp.... It wasn't lava

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Those two lousy sockets and better then other profs for many classes. Not by much, but still better.
    You realize that even post-nerf JC is better than blacksmithing's 2 extra sockets for pretty much everyone, right?

This is where I had typed out a somewhat long explanation about why JCing is still pretty much the best profession out there for min/maxing, but I see Delijica got it right. If you(and this goes for everyone) can go back and read his/her post, and still think Blizzard shouldn't be nerfing jewelcrafting, then I'm sorry but you're a fucking retard.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Nerf LW k tnx.

As a hunter first off I could QQ and after my nitro boots got nerfed I could QQ, and now my secondary profession Jewelcrafting got nerfed so I could QQ, but then I realized this is a game and in reality .. it's not really a big deal because I probably need some +7 mana per seconds gems anyway in blue because I go out of mana so fast.

I wouldn't mind snagging a few +7 mana per second gems for my RL travels and escapades just in case I manage to run out of the manas.

15+ Year Old Account

JC is stil an amasing proffesion for improving dps.

many ppl whine it was BEST, but thats the problem! blizzard doesn't want 1 proffesion to be the number 1 choice for all classes.
    though it's the number 1 choice for ret and stil is.

and for BS, amasing proffesion.
    u can easier reach meta because your 2 extra gems does not follow any socket bonus pattern thus making BS very valuable if u want to get socket bonus and stil get meta requirements
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

15+ Year Old Account

BS only sockets will become like the belt socket and be sold on AH everywhere. Just you watch.
    Tailoring, flying carpets for all, just you watch.
    Inscription, their shoulder enchants will be BoE and will be able to sell on the AH, just you watch.

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    JC is stil an amasing proffesion for improving dps.

many ppl whine it was BEST, but thats the problem! blizzard doesn't want 1 proffesion to be the number 1 choice for all classes.
    though it's the number 1 choice for ret and stil is.

and for BS, amasing proffesion.
    u can easier reach meta because your 2 extra gems does not follow any socket bonus pattern thus making BS very valuable if u want to get socket bonus and stil get meta requirements
    You want to be putting whichever pure gem is best for you in the BS sockets; as if you use the offcolour sockets in your gear to get the meta req then you get socket bonuses as well (i.e. tanks will put stam gems in the blue sockets, and use red sockets on gear like the maly neck for bonuses). That said, BS is a strong prof, just not as good as JC is pre-much needed nerf. It's not like the epic gems will be better than the eyes you know (30 stam v 41; JC drops to only a 33 sta difference if it's kept the same, which means you want LW or mining to pair with BS - stat ratings should be the same ratio regardless of stat, and it's a 17 stam gain).

I hate how Blizzard is making everyone to be the same and equal across the board. Why even pick a prof, since they want them all to be the same, Blizz should just randomly select one for you when you roll a new toon. Wanting everyone to be equal and the same is starting to sound a lot like communist Russia lol.
    I could have healed Jesus off of the cross.

You want ot know who is getting nerfed now?
    Skining
    Mining
    Herbalism
    Banned.