Disc PVP Trinkets

Lots of choices when it comes to the Battlemaster stuff, the medallions and the Wintergrasp trinkets. What combo you think is the best? I see lots of people going for dual 111sp trinkets. I was thinking along the lines of dual resilience for survivability. What do you guys think? I do specifically 2's. Thanks in advance.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Disc PVP Trinkets

I use the Medallion of the Horde and Platinum Disk of Swiftness (Resi+use / Resi+haste).

I combine Power Infusion and Haste pop for quick Mana Burns but I seem to burn less and less as I go up the brackets so I may switch out the Disk for something else.

Same as above (except I got alliance one).

15+ Year Old Account

Mhm, I may switch out the Disk for [Spark of Hope] however I'm a bit of a nab and got 4 pieces of crit gear instead of Spirit so it won't really do much for me, will wait till my gear swaps over to spirit based before doing that to get the most out of BoKings.

You're disc and you are switching to spirit gear? I was looking at a bunch of top rated disc priests and they take Divine Aegis still, which makes crit, although sparse in pvp, still appealing, no?

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    You're disc and you are switching to spirit gear? I was looking at a bunch of top rated disc priests and they take Divine Aegis still, which makes crit, although sparse in pvp, still appealing, no?
    Divine Aegis is not as good as one would like to think.

15+ Year Old Account

DA really isn't that nice and critting is cool but so is having another 150~ mp5.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    DA really isn't that nice and critting is cool but so is having another 150~ mp5.
    This is a matter of perspective. When you're being focused by a MS team, DA can make the difference in staying alive. Every point of damage absorbed = 2 points of healing not needed. I wear mostly spirit gear with just a very few pieces of crit gear and sit at ~20% holy crit. If I had a partner who could reliably peel enough for me to reasonably expect to be able to get away to drink with any regularity, I would be pushing more towards satin/dominance gear.

There are plenty of priests playing in senior brackets running in either gear/spec combo. Both are viable.

Edit: Wow easy to get off topic lol... to OP: Platinum Disc of Swiftness (Res / Haste-on-demand) is phenomenal for fast mana burns; Spark of Hope is insanely OP for mana longevity (~ 30mp5 in-combat directly from spirit, 30-42 mana saved per cast (reduction applied before talents / glyphs)).

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

I don't like the Haste trinket much, due to the hole 'running completely OOM before I can burn through most non-Priest healers' mana' factor introduced in S6.

I've switched it to the spell power trinket to help blow things up.

Im running platinum disc and battlemaster for one reason...I got the battlemaster cause i got outrolled on forethought in pve 4 weeks in a row. I was fed up and just got anything with 111 sp. But in the end, during matches i tend to keep the battlemaster trinket and desperate prayer near each other, they have saved me a lot of times. the disc is a great resil boost the use is tough to manage sometimes, but its the kind of thing that when used right is great...

one a side note: anyone else notice that so many of the priest abilities are kinda like the disc, useful and powerful, but needing to be used perfectly. Like ive saved a match with divine hymn, hymn of hope, PS, PI, DP, both trinkets, Mass dispelling a fear bomb, e.t.c., but really, I have also missed opportunities to save a match with all of those at least 3 times. There are just so many outcomes and having more buttons to give you control is always nice, it just takes a lot of work.

I think I may have found the one thing in wow that still takes skill...and that's managing disc pvp cooldowns, (no offense to other classes of course)

15+ Year Old Account

Don't like using medallion then?

Using forethought and planning to get battlemaster to have 2 times 111 sp, my resil will drop a bit (2 around 750), bud im not finding myself having any trouble staying alive yet (low lvl arena ladder still :P ).

and i dont need medallion, im human.

Human ftw...Battlemasters and plat disks of pewpew here.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

[Medallion of the Horde] (108 resi) [Battlemaster's Bravery] is the best imo.

I could maybe change the battelmaster for a trinket from uldu. I dont remember the name but it has spirit and like 42 reduce mana on your spell.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Tixwi

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Mnem%C3%AEc

Quote Originally Posted by rarwzs
    [Medallion of the Horde] (108 resi) [Battlemaster's Bravery] is the best imo.

I could maybe change the battelmaster for a trinket from uldu. I dont remember the name but it has spirit and like 42 reduce mana on your spell.
    It's called: Spark of Hope. However, it's bugged and counts the reduction before talents, so realistically you don't get 42.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    It's called: Spark of Hope. However, it's bugged and counts the reduction before talents, so realistically you don't get 42.
    100 spirit is huge for pvp though.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    100 spirit is huge for pvp though.
    'tis True.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    The spirit provides 28mp5 in combat, and over 50mp5 outside FSR. While affected by talents, you still save a between 32-42 mana per cast (e.g., 32 mana on shield, 42 mana penance). Together these effects still make this a very worthwhile mana conservation tool.

Now I just need to get my hands on the new discovery from Algalon-10 -- http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...10_9901_15.jpg (2 more hard mode keepers to go and it's big baddie time!). Depending on the # of stacks, this will likely be BiS for PVE and a very attractive alternative for PVP.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic