Calling all S-Priests, are there any of you left in Arenas?

I'd just like to get a feel for how many spriests are sticking it out and still playing arenas. After two long years of waiting to be viable i threw in the towel and leveled my warrior to 80. With disc being so good and our only viable 2s partner being a rogue, it is impossible to get a rogue parter as shadow (everytime you lose your rogue will ask why your not disc). Blizzard has failed to make us viable for Arenas in my opinion and they havent said anything about fixing it, in fact they havent said anything about us except how nerfs to other classes will be affecting us as well.

Spriest.com has gotten really quiet and i dont see any new spriest stuff on these forums so it seems we are dieing out. So if you are still Shadow and you still arena let me know what rating you guys can pull off with our gimp ass spec.

And if you're a Blizzard employee, PLEASE, what are you guys doing to bring us back into the game, if anything at all?

Re: Calling all S-Priests, are there any of you left in Arenas?

I try PvP every now and then, All it does is make me what the punch the lights out of someone.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

I agree that shadow has some tools now, atleast more than it used to have. With good communication and lots of lots of practise it might be viable. I myself didn't have the time nor the nerves to start over with shadow :P

Two out of the top 10 2's teams in the Rampage BG have shadowpriests.

Shadowpriest/Rogue
    Shadowpriest/DK

Yea there are a few of us around, a very small few.

Yeah, if me and my ret pally partner had the time we'd play.

Shadowpriests are a class where making mistakes is really unforgiving, miss a silence and you've practically reset the fight.
    But luckily, resetting is okay for a ret-spriest combo, with SF/Dispersion mana is rarely an issue.
    I personally love coming up against disc priests, as soon as i start seeing them try to be a smart alloc and mana burn, will just dot him, HoJ -> burst -> silence -> continue burst... he had it coming.

Shadow PvP makes me wanna punch babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cham
    Shadow PvP makes me wanna punch babies.
    I don't think that's legal. Maybe in Canada?
    Yeah, it's very difficult to master compared to most other classes.

Everything is viable IMO. I brought a shadowpriest to glad with me in 3s (frost mage shadow priest resto druid) in s3 and he broke 2400 a couple of other seasons as well (w/o a rogue). You just need to have a very skilled player who is willing to play a lot, practice a lot, and play wierd comps.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefpotpie
    Everything is viable IMO. I brought a shadowpriest to glad with me in 3s (frost mage shadow priest resto druid) in s3 and he broke 2400 a couple of other seasons as well (w/o a rogue). You just need to have a very skilled player who is willing to play a lot, practice a lot, and play wierd comps.
    That's just stupid.
    Why bring up season 3 when we're currently in season 6... It's completely different now.

Shadowpriests are viable but if you meet the best (skilled) opponent you will lose.
    We have to play a lot more defensive than other damagedealers in PvP.

I'm sure the developers would agree that shadow pvp could use some fixes still, but as GC stated; since all classes now have at least one viable pvp-spec the progress of the others doesn't matter that much to them.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm sure the developers would agree that shadow pvp could use some fixes still, but as GC stated; since all classes now have at least one viable pvp-spec the progress of the others doesn't matter that much to them.
    Which is rather fucked up. Sure, if Frost Mages are viable in Arena, it's not that much of a problem if Fire isn't viable. If Disc is viable in arena, it's not so much of a problem that holy isn't. Because those specs are the same roles. But all healing classes should have a viable dps spec for arena.

Paladins are viable as holy and as ret.
    Priests are viable as disc.
    Druids are viable as Resto. Feral is kinda OK I guess.
    Shamans, lol.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Step 1: Make sure all classes have at least one viable PvP spec
    Step 2: Make all specs viable for PvP.

This is what GC basically said, and I see nothing wrong with it. It is their goal to make all specs viable for PvP eventually. Look at both Shadow and Holy for Priests: both have talents that are clearly meant for PvP.

I started out as Shadow with all the 'fixes' and 'buffs' but ended up going Disc because none of my arena partners were willing to learn to play with a shadow priest because of the stigma surrounding the spec. That and I think shadow priests still need a few things to really be viable.

In order of importance/ease:
    1. Dispersion returns a % of health as well as mana (Mages get this with evocation glyph)
    2. More frequent CCs (Shorter cooldown on Silence, Fear, Psychic Horror, or any combo of the three)
    3. Better DoT protection (as a disc priest I am never worried about dispelling shadow priest DoTs)
    4. Reduced cost to go into shadow form. Or % reduced mana cost for first spell cast after leaving and/or entering shadow form.

I really do not think these changes would make shadow priests OP in arena, and feel they would even the playing field and bring us in line with where the last couple patches were attempted too. We definitely got buffed, but it was an underbuff, instead of an overbuff like other classes often get (followed by nerf bat)

I actually love doing Battlegrounds as a shadow priest, but not arenas.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Let's make mind flay castable while moving, that would be fun.
    No honestly, it could work, I'm serious about it!

15+ Year Old Account

Let's make mind flay castable while moving, that would be fun.
    No honestly, it could work, I'm serious about it!
    I don't think they would ever let us cast a full MF while moving, but the MF slow debuff always lasting 3 seconds (or even 5?) even if only channeled for half a second, could really help.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Shadow priest + rogue 2396 as of yesterday.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

@TwistedPower

i'd like to know what your spec is, ive been pvping as shadow for a while and just cant seem to live long, even using disp while they burn CDs--i currently use this spec;
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9947

big change that should happen: Horror CD reduced, 2 minutes is terrible, 1 min plzkthxbai
    health in Disp too

15+ Year Old Account

Nah yesterday I think I killed the last spriest there was,sad though,no more free wins,/cry
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose