advice on pvp disc setup

hi all ,

im after some advice on my gear / talents for arena , been doing bg's but want to try some arena soon but think im going to much in res for 2v2 and not enough in sp ?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Billynomates

also anyone got any good links on arena's as not ever been in them think i better read up a bit before i fail ;D

edit : changed some gems as was told i needed to be at 3% hit (hope this is right )

Re: advice on pvp disc setup

You're over-budgeting your resilience vs SP atm. More is always better, but 800 should be sufficient to get you a long ways. I'd recommend considering going for the 4pc bonus instead of dual 2pc bonuses - you sacrifice 50 resilience but being able to re-shield 2 seconds sooner can be a life saver (and nice w/ reflective shield).

Depending on your partner, you may want to pursue mooncloth or satin - if you can get away to drink easily enough, satin works well. Judging from your gear, you should be able to get a hold of Spark of Hope (Kologarn-10) pretty easily which is huge for mana longevity.

On hit, aim for minimum 4% (base before racials). Cloak, neck and rings of Ascendancy will get you most of the way there.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

ty bigslick for replying to my post

Here's more info than you ever wanted to know about priest pvp gear:
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=50657

And for hit you want 5% to cover the base resist chance and an extra 2% to negate racials (Draeni/Undead/BE).

Psychic scream resists are absolutely game breaking so getting that 5-7% hit is huge.

For spec and gear decisions I tend to look at high rated players on http://www.geekboys.org/arena/index/ and see what they did.

You should change enchant on your gloves to 28 SP or 20 hit and 3/3 blessed recovery isnt good imo.

You should get 1/3 for another buff to get dispelled or dont take it all.
    and somehow depends how you play you should get 3/3 of silent resolve. Its a very good talent imo.

and for last what I could see with your spec is that u should get 2/2 healing focus and 3/3 instead of 2/3 imp renew, instead of the 3% crit you got.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Tixwi

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Mnem%C3%AEc

Hi

I wouldn't say you're over the top on resilience, but you should definately start to stack more sp.

However I disagree with some of the choices in your specc. First of all, getting silent resolve is still a must. Secondly, disc priests are a very offensive healer and I find that (especially in 2s) I assist with burst in 90% of the matches, so you should really go with divine fury, either losing holy spcc, or spell warding, I have neither. And get the healing focus talents, it's only 2 and they go a long way.
    As a matter of fact, I'll rather make you the specc I have :P
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9901
    this focuses both on survivability and output, and most top priests use variations of this.

Also Arenajunkies.com is a great pool of information when it comes to arena pvp.

Make sure you use penance and shield as much as you can, as this is the most efficient "heals" you have and every bit of mana can turn out to be crucial.

As a last piece of advice I encourage you to watch disc videos and try to pick up some tricks from there.

Quote Originally Posted by rarwzs
    ...u should get 2/2 healing focus and 3/3 instead of 2/3 imp renew, instead of the 3% crit you got.
    Couldn't agree more about healing focus - it's a must-have talent for pvp. I personally find renew a little lackluster in arena since it's pretty weak to begin with, and we aren't glyphing for it... IMO, keep 3 points in Holy Specialization since you're using a DA build.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Erm Martyrdom? What? I'd rather have 4% stamina from I:PWF even if it didn't increase the buff by 15/30% than that martyrdom.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

well i guess that kind of depends on your gear and setup. I have 23k without imp fort, and it gets dispelled in ALOT of the matches, leaving u with 2 wasted points. Martyrdom have the potential to be game breaking, so I'm gonna go for that. And even if I didnt take that, I'd rather put them elsewhere then imp fort :P

Quote Originally Posted by balalaika
    well i guess that kind of depends on your gear and setup. I have 23k without imp fort, and it gets dispelled in ALOT of the matches, leaving u with 2 wasted points. Martyrdom have the potential to be game breaking, so I'm gonna go for that. And even if I didnt take that, I'd rather put them elsewhere then imp fort :P
    You do realise they changed it to also give 4% stamina at all times right? Thats a free 920 hp.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Was acctually not aware of that ^^ stopped playing for 3 months, and I guess that must have slipped me by

stamina is still just a buffer to prevent being bursted down, and I rarely have that happen to me anymore in 2s. All in all it's a matter of priorities, and many of the top priests in the world play without it and with martyrdom, so I feel like there is no need to further defend it as a viable choice.

Post your build, and let the OP compare them and make a choice ^^

thanks again people for the reply's to my post ,given me alot to look at / think about