15+ Year Old Account

Holy PvP/Arena build

I was familiar with the Holy PvE build, but I decided that I would stick to DPS in PvE and Healing in PvP. The link below is what I have gathered as a good/decent spec, feel free to critique it.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sxhZx...IusbVfM:jbiVMc

Side Question: How much Resil gear should I gather before healing in 2v2s? I have the full Saronite plate PvP healing set, alongside the 3 JC-Resilience craftables.

Re: Holy PvP/Arena build

Since you are going prot and you want to heal this is what you want http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sxhdx...MbsIufb:jbiVMc.

You need Aura Mastery and Imp Concentration Aura cause you will be solely relying on casting. That way you
    need all the talents you can get for interrupts. Also without Illumination I have seen that I go oom much faster
    even if I put 5 points on Divine Intelect. Lastly Guarded by the Light is one of the strong points of this spec so
    no reason of not putting 2/2 there.

As for resilience you would want something like 700 - 900. I play with about 850 and its pretty good since the
    spec offers a lot of mitigation on its own.

I'd personally switch the SoL glyph for AS glyph, it will do the same damage but on 1 target in 2s (unless it hits a pet) and helps with burst
    I use Seal of Justice most of the time so SoL would be a waste for me

15+ Year Old Account

I mainly use AS just for the Silence/Daze effect, and in 2s its nice if you are against 2 casters (Disc Priest/Mage or whatever) to stop them both.

I have since switched over the points in Ret to Prot though, to gain Aura Mastery like you said; Vindication wasn't helping as much from personal experience.

I also had 1/2 in GbtL so Divine Plea could still be Dispelled, but it would have an 80% resist chance (through GbtL and Stoicism), but after playing around I made it 2/2 so I wouldn't go OOM (I have points in Divine Intel over Illumination)

BIG wall of text inc. . .

Hi, Im dahlvash, armouy: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...sus&n=Dahlvash
    Im currenty currently playing prot specced in holy gear also. From S1 iv always been playing traditional holy spec, with usually an arms warr or warlock. This season i decided to try out a deep prot spec and came across the one posted http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sxhdx...MbsIufb:jbiVMc.
    In my 2's im currently at 2208 rating playing woth an unholy DK, and getting to and most likely improving upon my 2v2 rating with my 3v3, at 2K at the moment, as we are usually not online at the same time :P
    My glyphs are Glyph of seal of light (+5% healing is a major bonus for this spec, and i feel mana simply isnt an issue as you can refresh the duration of divine plea with a single mele hit)
    Glyph of flash of light (your main haling spell is majorly improved with this glyph)
    Glyph of salvation.
    Where i feel this spec is stronger over traditional Holy is that there is LOADS more survivability, burst healing (yes i said burst healing), and a heck of alot more utility. with this spec, you have a 6 second stun on a 20 second CD, a ranged silence/slow on a 30 sec CD otentially hitting 3 targets and the ability to heal through almost any situation. I sit at about 2425 spellpower (more then my 25 man ulduar gear in pve spec O_0) and around 811 resilence.
    lets start with the Healing Pro's of this spec:
    devotion aura giving alot more armour and +5% more healing to all targets affected by it,
    Divinity (5pt talent in prot teir 1) =+5% healing to you and everyone else
    Healing light (holy talent) = 12% more healing
    Glyph of seal of light = +5% healing to all healing spells, all of these giving you 27% more healing passivly.
    Touched by the light (deep prot talent) giving you extra spell power based on 30% of your stamina, and all critical heals improved by 30% (the major talent)
    also the arena librams are incredably enhancing to your healing!
    Now the Defencive Pro's of this spec:
    Blessing of sanctuary = 3% less damage at all times it is active as well as mana return based on when you dodge/parry/block, which when you have holy shield active, also when rebout procs and backpedal against a fast hitting player, you get tinnes of mana back and is well worth investing the mana casting holy shield.
    improved righous fury = 6% less damage as long as it is active
    Ardent defender talent = when below 35% health you take 30% less damage, i cant stress enough how important this talent is!
    Glyph of salvation (20% less damage for salvations duration is a godsend i tells ya!) macro: /cast [target=player] Hand of salvation (you dont have to select yourself to cast it on yourself with this macro)
    sacred duty talent = 8% more stamina and 1 min less on bubble and soft bubble.
    also sacred shield, talented it lasts 1 minute (and from what i can see from my combat log will absorb around 2.2K damage evey 6 seconds when it procs) also when it procs the +50% crit cance to flash of light to the tartet affected with a sacred shield *absorb PROC* is simply a no brainer for keeping it on the enemies focused target.
    The major part of this spec is the HUGE flash of light crits (10K in my gear, yes a 10K 1.5 second cast heal!) holy light is never used.
    you'll notice from my armoury that i have the healing trink from malygos, whis is also affected by all the +healing talents (even the +30% cit healing one) to make up for my lack of holy shock.

To start out an arena match im in Devotion aura and buffed with sanctuary and also seal of light and sacred shield already on my partner.
    if my partner is being focused, even with a mortal strike, spamming Flash of Light is more then enough to keep him up cpupled with sared shield absorbing some of the damage. When i am focused, usually by an anti-healer clas such as a DK or rogue, i simply stand there and take it. try fake casting flash of light by castingit for a fraction of a second to make them use their mind freeze/pummel/kick and cancel the cast by moving or pressing escape to make them waste their interupt, then enjoy 10 or so seconds of un molested healing
    another trick, usully when i i have dps on me and at least one of them can interup is to /cast concentration aura /cast aura mastery macro to again enjoy 12 seconds of unmolested casting (remember to change back to devotion aura when you get a chance). Use bubble as a last resort and try using the glyph of salvation first (this coupled with Ardent defender at below 35% gives you 55% less damage.
    dont be affriad to use divine plea when being hit on by say, a warrior, he cant kill you even with the -50% less healing, unless he majorly outgears you. and remember to mele to refresh its duration
    We usually zerg the healer of the opposing team, i open with avengers shield silencing him and then ghoul stun--strangualte--my stun, after that just use then whenever they are off cd or when you feel is appropriate.
    Il edit post if iv forgotten domething
    il be happy to answer anything that you might be thing/worried about this spec.
    Love Dahlvash ^^

ps. im not sure why my 3v3 ad 5v5 team are not showing up on my armoury page O_0

WTS Paragraphs, cheap PST