Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...

Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

Quote Originally Posted by hawt
    We all know Dispersion has it uses, but it's not as powerful and/or awesome as the 51-talent it really should be! (Bladestorm. chaos bolt, explosive shot, etc.).
    It was awesome, its now a green fireball.
    On topic now.
    Maybe a drain life like spell so you don't need to change form to heal yourself.

(insert name here)
    Channeling 20 sec cd
    Drain X life and mana from the target for X sec.
    You are immune to silence and interupts while channeled.

I think shadow priests would go oom without the mana they gain (i don't play a priest myself so i don't know)

Well, with Improved VT, Shadow Priests already recover 25% of all damage they do, as well as Devouring Plague restoring some of the damage it does as healing to you, so Shadow Priests already have a lot of self-healing in PVE, and in PVP a big channelled spell just has "Interrupt me!" written on it, as you know from Drain Health and Drain Mana.

Losing Dispersion now would completely kill Shadow Priests in PVP, because it is the only defensive cooldown that they have to survive burst.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Kaesebrezen since you're so good you don't need the Dispersion, who granted several priests in several world top guilds, the ability to survive RNG and win the fight, tell me one thing:
    Why haven't you killed Algalon 25 yet? oh SNAP!
    Better not feed the troll more.
    One who runs out of arguments begins to troll, congrats on achieving that.
    And it seems you didn't read my post, i asked for you to name the RNG abilities you need your dispersion for. But you didn't, or is it just that you couldn't?
    All you did say was "Top-Guilds use it for RNG". What RNG ?
    And thats why YOU started trolling. I didn't. (That's the "I can see the future part from my previous post btw")
    I just explain MY point of view.

They were made at the end of BC because Blizz thought that in both pvp and pve, shadow priests could use a damage mitigation spell and another mana regenerating spell.
    Oh no. They didn't think that. The statement was "all needed surviveability for PvP" for Dispersion. And we all know how shadows stand in PvP.
    They tried to even add a PvE part on Dispersion during Beta, namely increasing your damage done by 20% when you don't take damage during the duration.
    But left it out, since the knew all Encounter would have short-intervall AoE abilities, which your VE heals anyway. (So it wasn't meant to be the "oh-shit" button?)

Channeling 20 sec cd
    Drain X life and mana from the target for X sec.
    You are immune to silence and interupts while channeled.
    I like the idea. And it would fit the "Vampiric"-part of Shadowpriests more than the "pure shadow energy"-crap, because shadowforms already seems like pure shadow energy.

Losing Dispersion now would completely kill Shadow Priests in PVP, because it is the only defensive cooldown that they have to survive burst.
    Aren't shadow priests already being killed in PvP, even with Dispersion?

So because Shadow is having a hard time in PVP, it would be a good idea to remove its only defensive cooldown?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    So because Shadow is having a hard time in PVP, it would be a good idea to remove its only defensive cooldown?
    Yes. Since then there would be the need to implement another defensive spell, that does more than prolong your life by 6 seconds.

I would prefer something that lets us have more control over the fight, and more adaptable than just a defense button to push. I was thinking about a talent that finishes the cooldown on the last shadow spell you cast, or all of your shadow spells, like the mage talent Cold Snap. It would let you use Dispersion twice if you are still being focused, or finish the cooldown on Mind Blast and SW to get some burst damage.

If they made VE baseline and put it as the 21 point talent, I could see it being very useful for both PVP and PVE.

Replacing Dispersion with another defensive skill would be pretty useless, unless the new defensive spell was simply better than Dispersion in every way, and useful for both PVP and PVE.

I've said it before and i'll say it again... remove the silence effect from dispersion... the only issue I can see is it would make it a little OP for PvE, but if they're thinking of nerfing replenishment or other mana regen mechanics then it might not be that much of an issue.

Allowing casting during the effect for PvP is completely ok... dispersion doesn't make us immune to stuns, silences, interrupts... it just gives some temp damage mitigation. So this worry about using defensive cooldowns to offensively pressure people is unwarranted.

Mages can't cast while Iceblocked or Evocating. Don't see why we should either.

Exactly.

And the fact that you're allowed to move! Except you don't get an Immunity effect to all incoming damage and effects.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    And the fact that you're allowed to move! Except you don't get an Immunity effect to all incoming damage and effects.
    90% damage reduction is always enough At least Kil'jaeden thinks so.

Also, we're technically not silenced. I can cast Shadowform while in Dispersion.
    But it would be nice if they would change it so we can cast PW:S and Fade while dispersed as well.

You can also use items and potions while Dispersed, which can be handy.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    You can also use items and potions while Dispersed, which can be handy.
    Dispersion + Rocket Boots + Handmounted Pyrorocket and/or Gnomish Lightning generator was always awesome to kill a running healer with only a few % hp left while a warrior or whatever pounded on me. Too bad I can't do that anymore in arena
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I love my Dispersion + Frostweave Nets in battlegrounds

Iceblock is an immunity mechanic... if you make dispersion immunity i'll more than agree with you.

Evocation provides a lot more mana than dispersion and it can be glyphed to provide close to a full pvp health bar too.

And lastly, you know better than most that directly comparing spells achieves nothing.

True, you can't wait until the end of the Iceblock and then stun the mage, which works perfectly well against Priests who use Dispersion.

just put the heal back on dispersion there problem fixed dosnt do much for PVE but it helps alot for PVP
    World of Warcraft has just as much right and responsibility to create new lore just as the old Warcraft games and books did.

Fucking deal with it.

My opinion on Dispersion:

It is a little weak. No it is very weak.

The only purpose I see to dispersion in terms of pvp is to stall for time to let those dots tick for an extra six seconds hoping that those six seconds worth of dots can change the whole fight around.

The mana regen part pretty much has nothing to do in pvp. I only ever used it in PVE mana regenerations. The snare immunity is well... a gimmick really. It's not like we can move any faster during the dispersion, and snares can be quickly reapplied for most classes.

Try to think about it from another perspective. If you are fight a spriest and they popped dispersion, is it a threat to you? If you have healing spells or potions or healthstones etc, you can get free heals for 6 seconds to live through his dots, plus a free 6 seconds to restore whatever cooldowns you got. Whether you have healing spells or not, chances are you'll live through his dots and have 6 seconds worth of relief time to see which cooldowns are available or close to available after the 6 seconds plan what you can dish out on the spriest as soon as his dispersion fades. Dispersion may give spriest some time for his own moves to be off CD, the same will also go for you.

I would love some solid defensive or control moves. Something to stop someone attacking me, or to get me away from melee range. Honestly, I would steal Blink in a second if I could. It gets you out of melee range as well as stuns, and has a short cooldown. Our defensive skill doesn't even have that, it just makes you dispense combo points and lets people stack debuffs or heal without any worries, and you can't run because we have no snares or roots so they will just run after you. And we can still be CCd and stunned while using our only real defensive cooldown.