Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Soul leech drama

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    13/58 doesn't lifetap more than once per minute or so. God bless Soul Leech.

owait.
    Thank you, that was the point of me mocking him with that line.
    I'm your maker, not thy saviour.

13/58 is the best DPS spec with even half-decent gear. If you're going to drop points to pick up shadowfury/soul link/reach, you should drop them from backlash since it contributes less than emp imp.
    Serious Business

Not wanted to sound mean, but I really laugh at people who put forward this argument.

Apparently ISL is a waste of dps points, and by taking it you gimp your dps? 13/58 is the top performing spec at the moment, even out performing affliction and a dommguard. ISL means yoou don't have to life tap so more time spent dpsing. ISL also keeps your raid happy as, not only are you helping your personal dps but you are an asset to any raid you are in. To say that you won't take ISL as its a dps loss just demonstrates ignorance of the class and that you are going on personal misinformation than actually testing it.

Again not wanting to sound mean - personally I'm still laughing that blizz went into all the trouble of giving destruction a + hit talent and then taking it away. I got to 14% spell hit unbuffed (Horde) as we have a spriest and moonkin always in the raid. Even gearing for hit is better as the proc on ISL is amazing, means you constantly aren't breaking your rotation for life tap and has solved all of destro's mana issues.

Its up to the OP and individuals how to spec, but to disregard a talent falsely as a dps loss just shows they need to learn more about their own class mechanics - and yes every raid I've seen has demanded that destro locks take replenishment. Yes everyone plays for fun - but thinking that your fun means you can disregard the thoughts and needs of the rest of your group is selfish and you can guarantee they aren't having fun.

You give up several rights to be selfish when you start interacting with people. Just a tip here that if you want to do everything your way then you aren't likely to be welcomed back

Deleted

To all those 0/13/58 defenders:

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t48311-s...ost_3_1_specs/

Read this thread. There are a lot smarter people discussing there than you. 3/13/55 IS a respectable and the best raid DPS specc. I don't care if you think the utility outweigths small amounts of DPS loss. I'm not you.

That's kinda the whole point. I enjoy playing this specc. It's a raid specc. My guild doesn't require me to have replenishment. I don't enjoy giving up any DPS over utility. There, I sayd it.

Now, that sayd, it doesn't even matter, if I was affliction, the same thing still would have happened.

P.S. Im not a "him", I'm a "her". Yes, we do play.

Quote Originally Posted by ita

Read this thread. There are a lot smarter people discussing there than you. 3/13/55 IS a respectable and the best raid DPS specc. I don't care if you think the utility outweigths small amounts of DPS loss. I'm not you.

That's kinda the whole point. I enjoy playing this specc. It's a raid specc. My guild doesn't require me to have replenishment. I don't enjoy giving up any DPS over utility. There, I sayd it.

Now, that sayd, it doesn't even matter, if I was affliction, the same thing still would have happened.

The viability of 3/13/55 was never in question however the whole argument of "why am i forced to get replenishment" is the point of debate here, you want your raid to succeed above all, that is the bottom line here i will say it again if you want to be a successful raider, the Raid >>>>> YOU!

I read that you had a frost mage giving you replenishment so basically you made someone go an inferior spec and hurt overall raid dps simply because you didnt want to go the said spec, think on it hard does that make sense at all?

0/13/58 is MORE DPS why? because you will NOT GOO OOOM fast!......ISL is 300 MP5 that is HUGE in raid + replenishment with that, like i said in my guild youd be sat until you gquit or until you were gkicked outright.

If you are not hit capped thats fine you can get crafted items that will get you hit capped, you could also regem, you are not making any sort of sense by defending the spec when it was never on the discussion block.

Get this through to you now and this will really help you in the future, RAID IS ALWAYS GREATER THAN YOU! tough luck.

And who cares what gender you are, male or female you make a retarded argument.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ita

Could you link your armory profile, please?

I don't see why you think Soul Leech and IMp Soul Leech is such a rigorous change in DPS / Playstyle.

In my opinion the Op was just looking for someone to agree with her to feel better about her decision. Personally, I am always looking for ways to make the raid stronger. If that means making my dps better then great if it means sacrificing some dps to give a buff that is fine too. The impression you give, though it may not be intended, is that you are more important than the raid. And indeed one person can make a huge difference in a raid's performance, especially in 10 mans, but it's hardly ever a dpser (good dps is a dime a dozen, tanks and healers on the otherhand.....).

But in the end it is just a game and you should do whatever brings you the most fun. Just remember there are 9/24 other people doing the same and our actions have consequences.

Oh and 3/13/55 is awesome with 4pcT7 or 7.5 with LT glyph and out performs 0/13/58 (barely) but as you upgrade and get Ulduar gear you will lose that 4pc bonus and LT will not be worth the GCD anymore.

15+ Year Old Account

"OMG LOOK AT ELITIST JERKS AND WHAT THIS THREAD SAYS"

It says it alright. For best in slot gear.

Do you have starshard edge? Do you have 4pc T8.25? What about Hardmode drops? I doubt it. And hey, guess what?! Coming from someone who actually helps code the thing, let alone knows how to run the application rather than just regurgiate links: All specs do the same dps in average Ulduar gear, except Meta which is a special case! Thats it! They all do ~5500 dps! And thats factoring in things like movement and worse latency than simulationcraft uses.

So get off your high horse "3 points in suppression is the best don't you know" and bloody help the damn raid. You should not give a damn about a 200dps increase in "best in slot" gear/specs. You should be concerned about your output with "what you have on" gear/specs.

Talking trash because you plan your life around someone elses charts is moronic.

R.I.P. YARG

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

But EJ said so

Quote Originally Posted by Turboteckel
    But EJ said so
    EJ is definitely infallible. Because they're Elite.

I stopped reading on page 2... You should NOT be forced to pay for this yourself. Let the whole group pay 10g each, problem solved. Your obviously going to gain more than 10g in an Ulduar run wich gets to Mimirron. My choice would be to replace a rogue for a ret paladin if you don't have one already.

To the fanboys that blindly take over what a simcraft on EJ says:

Replenish spec is top DPS on a stand-and-nuke fight a la Patchwerk. How many similar fights does Ulduar have? That's right, none.

With all the movement occuring you've got enough time to tap, without wasting a global cooldown, as you can only incinerate while standing still. Thus, you can itemize towards SP/Haste for the simple but beautiful reason that is Suppression.

You did well. They had no right, whatsoever, to demand you respec. It's a pug, if the raid leader didn't like your spec he shouldn't have taken you in the first place.

I'm assuming you didn't have a shadowpriest in the group either. This means that you'd have to itemize towards a whopping 17% hit if you'd listened to them.

The people you raided with are ignorant pricks, avoid them.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

IMO demanding you respec with contributing is quite backwards, this isn't a debate about spec like so may people seem to think, if you cba gearing for 3% hit (wich is understandable) then you take Supression, the difference between the 2 specs is quite tiny and comes down to personal preference and indeed with alot of moving Glyph of Lifetap is still better. But I digress, in my opinion they were wrong for demanding a respec without offering to chip in.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus
    To the fanboys that blindly take over what a simcraft on EJ says:

Replenish spec is top DPS on a stand-and-nuke fight a la Patchwerk. How many similar fights does Ulduar have? That's right, none.

With all the movement occuring you've got enough time to tap, without wasting a global cooldown, as you can only incinerate while standing still. Thus, you can itemize towards SP/Haste for the simple but beautiful reason that is Suppression.

You did well. They had no right, whatsoever, to demand you respec. It's a pug, if the raid leader didn't like your spec he shouldn't have taken you in the first place.

I'm assuming you didn't have a shadowpriest in the group either. This means that you'd have to itemize towards a whopping 17% hit if you'd listened to them.

The people you raided with are ignorant pricks, avoid them.
    Incorrect, thanks for playing.

This retard would have been dropped instantly for being a selfish prick. Self-centered people that don't understand a raid is raised upon the hard work of multiple people, and not just one, don't deserve to raid.

You stated you're the girlfriend OR boyfriend of someone (sexuality aside). All I see is a female exercising what she believes to be her god given right to constantly be correct in whatever she says, for every situation, simply because she's female OR a guy that's simply a selfish, arrogant shit that's in line with the common NON-REAL-raider male mentality that Wrath of the Lich King has produced.

Your spec doesn't matter. Your reasoning doesn't matter. Your citations don't matter.

You simply just don't deserve to raid.

Period.

Just LoL

You are a "pure" class and you have no idea about respeccing cost.
    I bet you have under 10 "talent tree reset" (it is in achievements/summary/character).

I am a priest. I have 167 talent trees respecs (most of them with full re glyphs) and yes, I have dual spec.
    I am carrying with me most of the glyphs and some gems if suddenly I have to respec one of my 2 specs. I am so used with that, that I just don't bother to ask for money for my respecs. I always do what is in the best interest of my guild.

lol now there is dual spec, and even then people are too greedy to use this?! or just not smart enough to realize that support > penismeter? success as a team. you seem to be more like 10 individuals.

hf in your "wow experience". hihi.

Hybrid classes FTW. Instead of reroll, respec :P
    If you cba look my armory you'll find out I got 3000g spent on respecs, druid only^^

Viertel, don't quote me if you're not going to comment on my post. Your post is nonsensical and refers to something irrelevant. By trying to offent people: "This retard" you only reveal your own insecurity.

The raid(leader) in a pug has no right, whatsoever, to demand a non vital respec. They took you in the raid and thereby accepted you in your current spec and gear. They can request a respec if it helps everyone in the raid and they are expected to chip in.

I'm GM and raid leader of a guild. When I fail, for one reason or another, to provide the casters with for example misery from a shadow priest, or earth and moon/ebon plague, I demand one of my players respec for the raids benefit. But:

1. This is a guild, not a pug
    2. The player is reimbursed for both respecs.
    3. The change is vital

Quote Originally Posted by sobolanul
    I always do what is in the best interest of my guild.
    You said it yourself. You do what is needed for your guild. Would you do the same for a pug? I wouldn't.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

She already said she wouldn't mind respeccing but not when they make her pay for it by herself, wich is fair, they need it right? Then let them pay for it or atleast chip in, I have 2 PvE specs myself but only because Warlock PvP does not interest me, using dualspec for PvE and PvP is one of the key reasons it was implemented and you people are telling players to take 2 PvE specs? Get real.

All this is an endless discussion.

Things are very simple: for a guild run you HAVE to respec for w/e spec is need it. Most of the guilds will pay for it.

In a pug, you will go for your interest. If your interest to down the boss is greates than 100g and the hassle to respec on your money and you are in the mood for it, you do it, else don't. But is nothing special to have a 7 pages thread.

I you want it do it, else don't. It's stupid to discuss "they have the right to ask that?". If I whisper you to give me 1000g, you will give it or, most likely, not. But will not start a thread if I had the right to ask you 1000g.

They have the right to ask and you have the right to refuse.

/thread