Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Improved Power Word: Shield

Quote Originally Posted by Spurlij
    God, how old are you, 12? Sounds like you're just having a bad day. The only thing you said that isn't retarded is that disc are the only ones pvping. This is true, and I'm pretty sure most priests are fine with that.
    You must be forgetting the shadow priests. Most of us that PvP are disc only until Shadow doesn't get destroyed in PvP/arena.

On topic, the poison cleanse portion added in holy should be the top rank of abolish diease, imo.

15+ Year Old Account

why not just make us immune while the shield is up.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

They should make it so it removes movement slowing effects and makes you immune to them for 2 seconds.
    That would also help out Shadow a lot. But may just make Disc even more op.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iGREASE
    They should make it so it removes movement slowing effects and makes you immune to them for 2 seconds.
    That would also help out Shadow a lot. But may just make Disc even more op.
    Shadow already has improved shadowform/fade. They could make the movement impairing dispell on fade baseline though which would be sweet.

But still, disc doesn't really need a way to remove movement impairing effects that badly. What would be needed more is a reliable way to regenerate mana.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Why does the priest community think it should be able to remove every type of debuff in the game? If we got a poison remove how long before the community demanded the ability to remove curses? If we're able to remove poisons then surely mages can start to remove magic effects? How about druids being able to remove diseases?

It's a pretty selfish request, all the classes have weaknesses, part of the game is to exploit strengths and weaknesses. If you took this line of thought to its nth degree you would end up with 10 classes with the ability to remove all types of debuffs, all be able to offensively dispel, we'd all end up with Divine Shield and every class would have healing spells.

Instead of asking or demanding for a poison removal about how something novel like discussing tactics how to handle rogue poisons and combat what is one of the priests weakness but exploiting their strengths? Oh wait, that would be innovative gameplay, lets just homoginise the classes instead.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji1987
    This also does mean it can stop Enhancement shamans from getting WF procs
    Wait, your scared of Enh Shaman... lolwut

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Shadow already has improved shadowform/fade. They could make the movement impairing dispell on fade baseline though which would be sweet.

But still, disc doesn't really need a way to remove movement impairing effects that badly. What would be needed more is a reliable way to regenerate mana.
    ^this

surely mages can start to remove magic effects
    Spellsteal moar?

I dont think priests should have a poison or curse dispell, its part of the game that we do not. Plus its not that huge of an issue anymore due to the PvP viper nerf (and subsequent huge buff for its use in PvE, such an amazing change imo, play hunter for PvE :P)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    I don't find 5mans a challenge tbh
    Funny how you say that when there are so many "raiders" out there who completely fail in heroics. Loken anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade
    Wait, your scared of Enh Shaman... lolwut
    Where did I exactly say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Spurlij
    God, how old are you, 12? Sounds like you're just having a bad day. The only thing you said that isn't retarded is that disc are the only ones pvping. This is true, and I'm pretty sure most priests are fine with that.
    No i'm not 12. I was also not having a bad day. It just made me be really sarcastic to hear someone asking for a immunity on a spamable ability (yes, i'm sorry but how overpowered is a shield that gives some sort of immunity when you can cast it on everyone, let alone it already absords an extremely nice amount of damage, the only thing that will slow you down is weakend soul, which i would guess will be the next request: please remove it!!).

As metioning my whole post was 'retarded' including the comment of discipline are the only ones who pvp. They aren't. If you think that are i think you are what you suggested my post is. For those who enjoy pvping in BG's or different arena teams: may have a holy - pvp build which is rather nice and fun, they may also choose the shadow side of the class while building and picking up some shadow talents - and they may have a discipline spec for it as well: please notice: MAY. Arena is not the only form of pvp, and discipline is also not the only form of a priest to pvp. So my "retarded" statement was sarcastic to point out how rediculous this sounds to me, since i enjoy several specs in pvp: both in BG's and in Arena 2vs2, 3vs3, and 5vs5. If you enjoy pvping only as discipline then Good for you, since Wotlk came out blizz have been going over the top to make all tree's available, and i rather enjoy this effort. I'm sad to hear from people still "discipline is our only pvp spec" (when they aren't being sarcastic), with out trying the goodies all tree's got.

My whole point in the post was being totally sarcastic, Discipline is closer to being nerfed then buffed if you ask me, but i'd rather see discipline stay as it is atm. The only buff or change i would like to see is a PvE change: discipline's output is low, and i blame it on grace. You can heal 1 target while stacking grace on it, but then switching to the other tank - the output will lack the 3 grace stacks. My opinion is that grace should be self stackable (much like shadow weaving and serendipity), after all even paladins can heal 2 tanks, and discipline should be in-line with them (as both considered strong single target healers in different ways ofc). Self stacking grace will also prevent sheild spaming on raid. and will allow the discipline priest to want to heal more often in pve - ofc this is off our topic.

to Myzou :
    Thank you for leting me know, i am sorry i have many spelling mistakes, i am aware of this yet have a hard time to fix it since english isn't a language i speak often or write down often i do take alot of effort to read my post and fix my mistake i am really sorry it bothered you that much.

And again, i would suggest you do the same with what you commented me to do, i was not having a bad day and i will not 'shove it', i was being extremely sarcastic since: discipline is not the only way to pvp, discipline does not need to 'copy' a iceblock proc or a cleanse ability, i would never reply like this to an original idea, but this idea was talked over to much - and i just see no point in calling out "make me overpowered and undefeatable by any class". Yes we should be able to survive in pvp - in any spec: the holy tree just got the body and soul which allows a self cleanse poison, as for discipline there are multipule other ways that are offered - none include cleanse poison. Just this patch we are able to cast Pain Suppression during the stunn, i don't see how this isn't enough. Still not enough honor for the pvp trinket?

Me being sarcastic was just me trying to exadurate how the OP sounds to my ears (and i'm really sad you missed it): and i shall quote myself:

"Oh and last thing: when you cast power word sheild - all your enemies die and you auto win the match. this can replace reflective sheild talent. I am sure this would 'improve the situation'." (In a more sarcastic not: lets call this talent Illumination sorry paladins)

(if you still don't understand, it sounds to me like someone just wants to be overpowered).

Just pointing: if the suggestion would have been to make the PvP trinket remove the effect and give you a short immunity such as 2 sec's i would have totally vouched for it, yet - i doubt it would happen - they removed that from the UD racial WoTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertor
    Well, that is kind of the point of Racials. If you were a Dwarf, you could pop Stoneform to remove the poison. Its not as great of a spell as it used to be, but it usually will allow you to survive a burst from a rogue or such.
    The downside to this is it requires you to be play Alliance...