Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Warlock Demon idea

Exordium's idea is pretty logical role-play wise, though I can't see how an item would let me that happen. I really doubt that would happen.

Another a lot more reasonable thing would be like the Death Knight's ghoul. A random name of a million of them each summon. I mean, you summon one demon to do your bidding, why does it always have to be the same one? Though I wish that won't happen, I adore my minions names, I was so happy when I got my Felguard and saw that all of them have awesome names (among the strange selection of them). Kartuk (Imp), Grek'garth (Voidwalker), Darnia (Succubus), Zhaashon (Felhunter) and Shaadhun (Felguard).
    Q.: What happens when a Paladin uses Consecration while at the same time a Death Knight puts up Desecration?

A.: No man's land.

seems like a balanced idea, just dont let people pick the names please, it gets stupid if people do that (when i used to play ffxi, it was an option, so every dragoon and their mother named their pet dragoon Raiden -_-

so far im pretty happy with my voidwalker

Krakdok the Nether Crack Doctor! XD
    Signatures too large - Undertaker

Imp: Gakgup
    Voidwalker: Sarnos
    Succubus: Sarrida
    Felhunter: Bruumyn
    Felguard: Jhuthun

Suppose I could have had worse ;D

I see everyone saying that you enslave and use your demon, which seems to give the impression that they must obey you. SO! There is a little bit of sense that you can force the demon to change its name, he obeys you, if you tell it to call itself fluffy mc flufferson III then it has to. It's not a retarted idea, that or make the name generator just like DK's ghouls. If you think about it lore wise it works, you just summon the same TYPE of demon but from a different area of their plane, which means a name change, but also would be cool with this is color variations, maybe an all black F.G., crap like that. just an idea....shove off trolls.

Warlock Minions are not slaves... well, not entirely. Minions are a type of henchmen: you call for their services and that's that. They serve you faithfully because you have a contract/pact with them.

Anyway, so far I have only two on my Warlock. An Imp named Zigrot (decent) and a Voidy named Hathkrast (reasonably awesome). Getting a Succubus soon.

15+ Year Old Account

It was said best by a blue a long time ago: Players know what is not fun. They don't know how to make something fun.

This is a great example of this theory in action.

R.I.P. YARG

Ok I was lucky with my demon's names (though did hear of a succu being called Krak'hor :P). I do however like this guys idea.

15+ Year Old Account

You say my imp aint my buddy ? :'(

If I'm not mistaken blizzard had something in the game files for this with wotlk beta but scrapped it before it came out.

Ok, well here's something that doesn't work lore-wise with the CURRENT setup. If summoned demons are just slaves that we aren't attached to, that we can sacrifice and such, WHY then do the demons we summon ALWAYS HAVE THE SAME NAME?? If we aren't attached to them then why summon the same one over and over? Do we happen to have their particular summoning cell number or something? And if we sacrifice them and then resummon why do we get the same one again? WE JUST SACRIFICED IT! I say make a random generator every time we summon. Then if the name is unsuitable, who cares, he'll die soon or be dismissed anyway. That's more in keeping with the way a warlock should be IMO. They reach into the demon realms and grab themselves a slave, any old slave will do. The name shouldn't matter, but the way it's set up now it DOES matter b/c your demon always has the same name.

They do a random generator with DK ghouls, why not Warlock Demons? They could create the same sort of setup with more demonic words instead of corpse or grave related ones.

I defenitly understand the theory of a demon not being a friend like a pet is BUT i was once a demon spec lock and i had my FelGuard oout all the time never didnt have him out. Unfortunetly i am one of the locks that has a dorky demon name and i think it would be very nice to at least be able to have to option to get a diffrent name maybe not to get to chose our selfs but it is deffinitly not that fun haveing a bad demon name.

I like my Imp's name; Zigfip.

ZIGFIP, GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!
    FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I can understand not wanting the hunters to feel less special and not letting us name our minions but the names could at least make sense or have some kind of theme to them. Most of them look like the names used by the gold spammers in the trade channel. They figured this out for DKs, but we still get stuck with random vowels and a noun or two if we're lucky.

On a side note.. this is the least of our problems right now. I don't think my minion's name is reducing my arena representation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

Deleted

Great idea. Had luck with my demon's names, but why not? To all the people complaining: a hunter, changing the name of his long-time companion is ok with you, but the idea of dismissing a demon and just summoning a new one (with a new name) isn't? Think about it.