Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: No more nerfs please

Nerf everything!

Quote Originally Posted by CrusaDora25
    Frankly speaking, eye for an eye wasn't even that good when it used to deal 20% damage. If someone crits me for 5k, then they only take maybe 1.2 k of damage. And as someone has mentioned on the other thread, its the only thing to prevent us from being stunlocked and killed by a rogue.
    ya...bc having a rogue completely stun lock you when ur freedom is on CD and watching them kill themselves isnt OP at all right? aslong as your class is number 1 u dont seem to care and ret will still be rly good.

Ret is NOT weak right now, and are especially strong in double DPS teams. DK/Ret OWNS my 900 resil priest if im not SPOT ON with CC (im feral). Ret is very powerful but you can't make stupid mistakes like not bubbling in time or not taking advantage of being able to heal your partner if thier very low. The teams with Ret's that we lost to were very good at keeping their partner alive if they start to get low, much to my chagrin (God I've been waiting to use that term!)

Every class has its problems, and I don't see why we have to play a class extensively to be able to say ret is okay/OP. When I hear someone say "Sweet its a ret pally! This match will be easy!" Then I will agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilium
    ya...bc having a rogue completely stun lock you when ur freedom is on CD and watching them kill themselves isnt OP at all right? aslong as your class is number 1 u dont seem to care and ret will still be rly good.
    For balance reasons, we shouldn't be able to take down a pally one on one. Just because some of us can doesn't mean we should.

Has the OP bothered to inform us what these almighty snares are that freedom supposedly doesn't work on yet?

I must say I'm also amused by the idiots saying that posting in this thread isn't allowed for non-paladins, like the idea behind the thread is just for all of the fucking retards to get together and have a cry-fest or something.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aredhel128
    PoJ: +15% speed
    Anywhere
    Passive
    Undispellable
    Doesn't break
    Doesn't increase vulnerabilities

GW: +40% speed
    Only outdoors
    Active; uses a GCD
    Dispellable
    Breaks on any action other than auto-attack (If you have to frost shock or drop a totem or heal or anything, it breaks)
    Causes the shaman to become vulnerable to two additional forms of CC
    Requires the 2 talent points (Like PoJ) because spending 2 seconds to cast it when your intent is to catch someone is lol.

I think the extra 25% speed only just equals out all the negatives. Maybe not even. Hard to say which is better.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueScythe
    However how about lowering their over all damage as a sacrifice to actually being a decent class over all and not just strong in the "omgwtfbbqinstantpwnageroflstomperz" category of major burst that they are now.

We have no MS / Distance closer / interrupts. Our "burst" (lol 10k frost strikes) is all we have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    I totally just facepalmed for like the first time. I know you meant frost shock, but can you be that dumb to actually say Earth Shock, which should be quite obvious to ANYONE that it does nothing but interrupt? >_> (And slight damage)

And Rogues spec into shadowstep... they do have sprint though, but in what way does SLOWING THEIR MOVEMENT SPEED with stealth help close?

As you said, Ret has repentance. You may not like it, but it's a closer, one way or another. It's like Death Grip, just it incapacitates them instead of pulling you to them.
    so many people like to point out the stupid things on a stupid misstype, i got a level 63 shammy shame on me for messing that part up, but regardless EVERY closer on ANY class is 30 sec or under as a closer the most kiteable class with a 1minute cd that's supposed to help us close isn't really worth a mention.

"omgwtfbbqinstantpwnageroflstomperz" category of major burst that they are now. And if they don't balance around 1v1 then why was it again that exorcism was nerfed in the first place? It was an extra attack from a distance which isn't that OP, sure it did nice damage but to completely remove it from being used on players is beyond a dumb idea. Why not do that to every move that is slightly OP then... Why not make Chains of Ice or Death Grip not to be used on players, I'd say either one of those is more game breaking then giving a ret pally some range with an attack that's more then 15 yards.

Also aren't you trolling bub?
    [/quote]

I'm with you on its an unneeded nerf, I'm not trolling I'm on topic and I'm discussing the class I play in the FORUM of my class :. Exorcism used on players was basically comparable in damage to another swing of the weapon but in a ranged spell. IMO we didn't need it for pvp and we never will. It wasn't making or breaking us as a class. But people made it seem to be that way because god forbid nobody wants to lose to a Ret Pally as if we don't have the right to be competitive in pvp for once? IMO we have burst to make up for our lack of keeping the slippery guys in melee range. I really don't get what you are trying to accomplish here, they don't balance around 1v1 at all. If you have ever seen blizzard post that they balance classes around 1v1 you post it and I will accept it and admit I'm wrong. You are not the one who decides x is op and y is op, you don't like those abilities being used on you well QQ and Boo Hoo. I'm not here to complain about other classes I'm here to discuss my class. Go ahead and respond I'm sure you'll have much to say, I'll be waiting.......
    Halloween (2007) (Dr. Samuel L. Loomis):
    These eyes will deceive you, they will destroy you. They will take from you, your innocence, your pride, and eventually your soul. These eyes do not see what you and I see. Behind these eyes one finds only blackness, the absence of light, these are of a psychopath

Why are you morons getting started on exorcism now? The nerf on that had very, very simple reasoning. Ret burst is high enough without adding an extra spell that gets used as you're getting into range, it basically let you start your burst one GCD earlier.

Sheesh, why is it so many retadins are complete idiots? Getting to be worse than the hunters..
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    Why are you morons getting started on exorcism now? The nerf on that had very, very simple reasoning. Ret burst is high enough without adding an extra spell that gets used as you're getting into range, it basically let you start your burst one GCD earlier.

Sheesh, why is it so many retadins are complete idiots? Getting to be worse than the hunters..
    I DON"T CARE ABOUT EXORCISM wtb hand of reckoning back -_-;

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat

I'm pretty positive I explained that to the rogue? We didn't need it and never will, when a Pally says that... should I even say anymore? Read a little more carefully next time? Moron A(rogue) brought up exorcism, Moron B(me) shot down any possible discussion of Exorcism from a Pally standpoint. Moron C(you) Reads and calls the above morons which are having legit post and respond deal. Moron C with his lack of intelligence cancels out Moron A + B which only leaves us with Moron C :.... Good day sir
    Halloween (2007) (Dr. Samuel L. Loomis):
    These eyes will deceive you, they will destroy you. They will take from you, your innocence, your pride, and eventually your soul. These eyes do not see what you and I see. Behind these eyes one finds only blackness, the absence of light, these are of a psychopath

Quote Originally Posted by Jaska
    I also love how people think that gap closers or PvP tools in general don't count because they are talented or have a cooldown. You must have the brain power of a Mirror Image.
    you lack the brain power to see that what i said doesn't matter if it's on a cd or not, just stated out the fact that repentance/hoj and judgement of justice are NOT valid distance closers against any GOOD ranged class, dispellable or not.

I'm still trying to understand how hoj, rep, joj, hof, and ur movement increase are not good enough gap closers or abilities lol what else would u want lol not many if any have that many just stop complaining u hhave enough abilities and burst to make up for it

Quote Originally Posted by vinnie919
    I'm still trying to understand how hoj, rep, joj, hof, and ur movement increase are not good enough gap closers or abilities lol what else would u want lol not many if any have that many just stop complaining u hhave enough abilities and burst to make up for it
    for 3v3 and 5v5 is fine i'm content, but for dueling and 2v2 it's the most annoying thing, but improved justice with more slowing effect would be nice instead of the 100% thing, only find it useful on druids 90% of the time. Although it is pretty funny to see druids shift in and out of form thinking it's gonna go away.

even with hoj,rep,joj,hof we need to pop EVERYTHING to to get to the target in the first place, then we're left stranded again, after blink, disengage etc, and those are on 15-30 cd's and ours is on 40sec 1 minute. Improved judgement of justice would give us a chance to get a lil closer, even if it limited to 80% of normal run speed wouldn't be too bad cause we do have the 15% speed increase.

80% wouldn't be ground breaking, and remember we're also giving up judgement of light or wisdom at the sametime to use judgement. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnie919
    Dont forget their op plate armor class as well.

Quote Originally Posted by boose22
    this is why ret or warriors are usually focused right off the bat? cause it's typically easier to kill warriors and rets than mages, priests, druids, locks, shammies etc

edit. GOOD mages/priests/druids/locks/shammies

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Leigt
    Anywhere
    Passive
    Undispellable
    Doesn't break

Only outdoors
    Active; uses a GCD
    Dispellable
    Breaks on any action other than auto-attack (If you have to frost shock or drop a totem or heal or anything, it breaks)
    Requires the 2 talent points (Like PoJ) because spending 2 seconds to cast it when your intent is to catch someone is lol.

I think the extra 25% speed only just equals out all the negatives. Maybe not even. Hard to say which is better.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=2484

Quote Originally Posted by boose22
    Plate does nothing against Spells/Poisons (a majority of the classes that kite us will, most likely, not be trying to melee).

Quote Originally Posted by Leigt
    Anywhere
    Passive
    Undispellable
    Doesn't break

Only outdoors
    Active; uses a GCD
    Dispellable

You can use Ghost Wolf in EVERY arena, so outdoor use only doesnt matter... Also, PoJ requires also 2 talent points. If a Shaman Frost Shock / Ghost Wolf, they can break the gap between their target REALLY fast. Also, you become immune to Repentance while in Ghost Wolf, since you cant Repentance a beast.

So lemme get this straight...

A class that cannot be snared, does magical damage that cannot be resisted unlike nearly every other class in the game, has some of the highest melee damage in the game and has a bubble that allows them to continue killing with impunity is complaining about a tiny nerf when they clearly deserve to be hit with the nerf bat for a full home run ?

You'll have to excuse me, but once again I am enjoying the sweet sweet tears of the Laughably OP'd. ;D