Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: disc in heroic dungeon pugs

Quote Originally Posted by Proletariat
    If you don't use your tree's most powerful cds then that's your problem.

PI on your caster DPS whenever it's up. Consider a macro like /cast [target=(name)] Power Infusion

PS is great oshit button, and you'll need it if you're doing heroics with PuG tanks.

IF when you PoH, since you did say you cast it a lot, right?

Gem Int. Find Gear that gives you Int>Sp>Crit>Haste>Spirit

The spec that Armory is showing you with is perfect. Don't change it.
    I usually save Power Infusion for myself on my priest, mostly cause it will be lower chance to run out of mana :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r
    I usually save Power Infusion for myself on my priest, mostly cause it will be lower chance to run out of mana :P
    Besides Vezax (Hardmode(well you don't wanna go oom there^^)) where can you go oom as a disc atm (when your have the proper eq for the instance)
    German player, sorry for bad grammar.

Guys, he was talking about HEROICS not raids. The endless arguement of flash heal VS Gheal and divine fury worth or not is irrelevant. Take it else where and give the guy some good advise, which were in most of the posts. On the oposite, divine fury is fun for heroic, we all enjoy throwing a holy fire or a smite or two when no one takes damage.

The guys said he uses renew alot, probably cause he likes it and it makes him feel safer knowing a hot it rolling on his tank while he switchs to heal the overagroing dps nab. So why shouldn't he waste the 3 points there. If you actually use renew cause you enjoy it, there is nothing wrong with it as discipline. Or picking up the talent that gives more power to something you already use.

Shielding is much more valuable as discipline, and you should aim to use it alot, for example: you know there's gonna be aoe damage - shield your group, keep the prom or the renew or both on the tank. Damn the dpser overagro'd - No problems: the shield is already on him - throw him a PS and an penance, shield isn't on him throw him a shield and a penance. Even the most idiotic dpser will probably survive with a pain supression sheild and a penance and you'll even have probably the borrowed timed haste for a fast Flash or greater heal w/e you wanna use (only heroic), and since you already have the renew on the tank (since you mention you enjoy using it) your tank will still get maybe one tic of it. Shielding the tank would not hurt his agro, and the shield will probably absord afew of the hits he would've gotten. You can easly shield the tank every 15 sec's (unless the shield hasn't been removed yet), you can do this before the pull, during or when ever you feel like it. If you shield while he's pulling make sure you fade after it (just my experiance from pug tanks, fadin on pulls).

Power infusion is very fun, you can use it on your self - for fast heals if situation becomes 'err wtf why is my group filled with noobs', you can also use it to lower the cost of your heals and sheild - or in other words 'why is tank top on damage?!', it is also extremely fun for a caster dps to get it. I can say i once PI'd a prot paladin (by mistake) but he enjoyed it and even whispered me 'do that again!!'.

Many comments about how to gem/chose gear. Just go with what you feel like it (reminding people again the guy is up for heroics not raiding). Int can allow you some chain pulls and less stress on mana, spell power will increase the amount your sheild will absord, haste will make you cast faster, crit will make divine ageis proc more often, spirit will give you some mana regen (but if you aim for mana regen go for int, i don't think geming for spirit is really that needed for heroics or as discipline).

Have fun, most of all, use all your abilities. and sheild the tank then PoH for the haste from borrowed time.

Thanks for the advices.

I haven't played a lot past weeks (due to a new x360 ;D) so I couldn't try your advices as much as I'd like.

I already used the PW:S + PoH thingie before, but I'll do it even more. I didn't use the preemptive shielding before, mainly because I don't know the encounters very well (so I don't know when there will be those "predictable AoE damage"), and other "personal motives" (fuck, if you get aggro, you deserve to die; if you don't wait 'till I dispell the lightning orbs flying around the boss, you deserve to die, etc...)... but I'll try to do it more.

By the other hand I've changed all my healing gems and I've got a couple of ulduar-25 spell-w/o-hit items that serve to healing

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Florentzia
    so heres my opinion for gemming blue sockets:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40092
    Even after factoring in Enlightenment and Kings, 3 Mp5 is better regen than 8 spirit. Use the +8int/3Mp5 gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sausagefan
    Even after factoring in Enlightenment and Kings, 3 Mp5 is better regen than 8 spirit. Use the +8int/3Mp5 gem.
    Even after factoring Mental Strength and Kings, 8 int is better than 3 mp5. Use the +16 int gem.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

gem everything int until you hit 22k mana unbuffed imo, then go spell power. as for the spells use shield on everyone. pennance on tank should be enough on cd and then pom the tank on cd also. Also play a blood elf since they are the most op healers ever gogo 10k mana from arcane torrent in 1 boss fight

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Even after factoring Mental Strength and Kings, 8 int is better than 3 mp5. Use the +16 int gem.
    The topic is blue gems, for meta-gem requirements, or eventual socket bonuses.