Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...

Re: MMO Champion: Clear my Raid Instance

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerlord
    Nick the Hammer comes in and casts Hammer of Wrath.

Everything is defeated, forever.
    i lold hahahaa

Re: MMO Champion: Clear my Raid Instance **UPDATE** 3rd Boss is up

Shellan from the realm Dunemaul here! Guild: Bonzi.

The way i see this boss, a few things have to be considered. 1) the pets can never cross auras. 2) the boss can never move. So, we have 5 tanks. 1 tank holds 1 pet at the top left side of the room, another tank at the bottom left, farthest they can be. Then, 2 more tanks will hold the last 2 pets at the north and south ends, opposite of eachother, so that both tanks are within the hellfire but the auras do not cross. (According to your picture they are not at the futhest points that they could be away from eachother within the hellfire.) The final tank holds the boss.

Now, this fight isn't a dps rate (hence no enrage timer); its simply a matter of having enough healers to heal through the tank's damage while the remaining dps burn down the boss himself.

Incoming damage:
    1) The 2 tanks outside the hellfire are taking damage from the pet's melee attacks, and lack of hellfire (cold damage) which averages to 25k incoming damage, 28k on phase 2. The 2 tanks inside covering the adds are taking 5k dps, 8k on phase 2, from pet's melee swings and the phase 2 aura alone. The tank tanking the boss doesn't have the outside-hellfire debuff but instaed one that does similar damage. However cerebrus' melee attacks are weaker. This tank will be taking 21k phase 1, 24k phase 2.

The 2 outside tanks need 4 healers exactly. During phase 1 they will be bored, with that massive 3k hps extra that they are doing. The 2 tanks inside need 1 healer each. The boss tank needs 3 healers. 1 Healer will need to aoe heal, as well as the actual tank-healers can alternate with an extra aoe heal for phase 2, since a lot of them are doing a little bit of extra hps, they can throw in an aoe in between they're chain castings if they alternate and dont do from 2 heals on a single tank.

Total tanks: 5
    Total healers: 14.
    Total dps: 6, because, well, thats how many are remaining allowed in a party. They just focus on the boss. I mean, in this infinite mana scenario, as long as you have the heals to cover the tanks and no one is getting damaged except said tanks, who cares about time really? This isn't hardmode =P

To give you guys an idea of how long the fight will be: 6k dps * 6 dps + 2k dps from tank = 38k raid dps. boss hp: 8 mil. 8mil hp / 38k raid dps focusing on boss = 210 seconds, a.k.a. 3 and a half minutes. That's actually a fairly short boss fight.

I know THIS ISN'T how the designer intended the fight, you wanted us to kite and work around hellfire, but hey, i DID find a possible solution, if you want us to do something else make it hardmode instead of buffing this boss.

EDIT: i ddont have time to read all the comments; the typo at the front page of 0% to 100% needs to be fixed (phase 2 healing reduction). Seriously just wasted half an hour doing math lol
    FINALLY GOT CATACLYSM!

Deleted

tricknick76, please read ALL the boss abilities, and the comments.

first: the boss starts a 15 second burn at 1.6M, during which everyone loses 7.5% of his health per second and no healing. this means you need about 107K raidwide DPS. math has been done, you need 17 DPS to get through this.

secondly: the adds have a 2 minute enrage timer, after which it is game over. think that they blow themselves up or something. you have 30 seconds to deal with each add.

thirdly: 14 healers is tremendous raidstacking. these bosses are designed to be killed with a default raid setup, meaning a mix with which you can beat any boss.

lastly: i am rather certain at some moments, your outside tanks are oneshot or 2shot from too much damage at once.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    tricknick76, please read ALL the boss abilities, and the comments.

first: the boss starts a 15 second burn at 1.6M, during which everyone loses 7.5% of his health per second and no healing. this means you need about 107K raidwide DPS. math has been done, you need 17 DPS to get through this.

secondly: the adds have a 2 minute enrage timer, after which it is game over. think that they blow themselves up or something. you have 30 seconds to deal with each add.

thirdly: 14 healers is tremendous raidstacking. these bosses are designed to be killed with a default raid setup, meaning a mix with which you can beat any boss.

lastly: i am rather certain at some moments, your outside tanks are oneshot or 2shot from too much damage at once.
    i read them all, the burnphase is NOT mentioned in the original post (well, it is, but there is a TYPO, making it not).

I'll get the strat, don't you worry (and please dont nerf this boss)

about your secondly, i read the original boss strat post like 5 times and never saw that. will look back into it.
    about your thirdly, he said any setup will work ;D
    about your lastly, this is 100% theory, and in theory, the tanks will never be one shot. Maybe, in reality, a spike damage will occur by accident, but in the long run, the tanks get healed through the damage which is what counts.
    FINALLY GOT CATACLYSM!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by tricknick76
    i read them all, the burnphase is NOT mentioned in the original post (well, it is, but there is a TYPO, making it not).

I'll get the strat, don't you worry (and please dont nerf this boss)

about your secondly, i read the original boss strat post like 5 times and never saw that. will look back into it.
    about your thirdly, he said any setup will work ;D
    about your lastly, this is 100% theory, and in theory, the tanks will never be one shot. Maybe, in reality, a spike damage will occur by accident, but in the long run, the tanks get healed through the damage which is what counts.
    first point: if you go to page 11, where discussion starts, you will see that Detective stated that that is a typo and that it is indeed intended to be 100% HP reduction.

second point: let me quote the pet part:

<Cerberus' Pets>
    Enrage Timer: 120 seconds
    the pets have a shared 120 seconds enrage timer. this means you need to burn through all 4 pets, their shields and their ghosts in 120 seconds, or 30 seconds each.

3rd point: if you read through this entire thread, you would have noticed that the OP claimed several times that the raid setup must be one with which you can clear any current raid. this means (amongst others) no class stacking, no buff stacking, but also no overdose of healers and no specific classes. if you ask for 14 healers and 5 DPS (which is already impossible due to DPS checks), you won't make it.

4th point: after calculation, you seem to be correct. however, AOE heals have a 30 yard range. the adds are way further.

I activate the special ability on:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=17

game over i win the lootz

Quote Originally Posted by Detective
    Phase 2

At 20% health, Cerberus howls for aid. Each Player receives a "Sap from Hell" depleting 6.7% of their total health per second and reduces all healing done by 0%.
    This is most likely a typo, however I'll still bring this up. This basically means everybody can keep healing because healing done gets reduced by 0% = there is no healing reduction.

I couple things I'd like to know about adds.

Does Catastrophe damage the adds Absolute Zero shield? Also, does the cold debuff around the room damage the adds.

These are just notes, and not completely thought out, but they might help give some people ideas. They are under the assumption of my previous inquiries. Also, I have not concluded how the tanks would reset their Frozen debuffs.

Have the adds tanked outside of hellfire aura, likely in the different corners of the room. Assuming the Frozen Room debuff damaged the adds, this would mean 120k damage would be dealt in the first 12 seconds to each mob, then 20k for each subsequent second. With this in mind each add would receive 900k damage in 39 seconds.

Getting rid of the second shield would involve having the adds kited and then CC'd/Snared WITHIN a Catastrophe explosion, effectively removing the Absolute Zero shield.

I'm not sure how to deal with the last shield and having them all taken down before the absolute zero shield respawned.

These are just rough ideas that might help some of you guys. These ideas are mostly flaws because you'd end up getting owned by Debuffs, and the fact that you wouldnt be able to have that many tanks in the raid.

Hope it helps a bit.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by pokiemokie
    This is most likely a typo, however I'll still bring this up. This basically means everybody can keep healing because healing done gets reduced by 0% = there is no healing reduction.
    It has been said already that this is a typo. It should read 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniscientMoron
    Alright guys, I've got this. No worries.

Edit2: Just read I needed to put which guild I was "representing" and my class xD.
    Guild: Nine Princes
    Class: Priest

3 tanks, 5 healers, 17 DPS (added in the edit).

The first 30 seconds:
    The DPS do a total of 2040000 damage. (That's 17*4000*30).
    The tanks then do 180000 damage. (3*2000*30).
    This then leaves the boss at 2780000 health. (5000000 - 2220000 = 2780000). This means that a new spawn comes up with 3614000 health. (2780000 * 1.3).

All the DPS minus the tank swaps to the new add. They bring it down to 1454000 health. (3614000 - [17*4000*30 + 2*2000*30]). This means the SECOND add will spawn with 1890200 health. (Now we're at the minute mark - that leaves 1:45 left).

The second add will be DPS'd down to ~5% health. So it will have 94510 health. This takes, with 17 DPS and 1 tank - 1795690 damage. This takes (rounding up) 26 seconds. The tank then stops DPS on this boss. Assuming a raid setup - they would stand around for the last four seconds waiting for the next add.

Now the healers are going crazy. Because they have the third add up in the aura - not easy to deal with. But I presume it's doable split between two tanks. The new add will spawn with health based on the second add. Which means it'll have 94510*1.3 = 122863 health. This is stupid easy to deal with and is killed by the DPS and tank in 1.8 seconds - let's go with 2 seconds.

Now we have two adds left back up. There's the add with 94510 health where the tank has stopped DPSing and the one we left alone who has 18902000 health left. We have spent 1 minute and 32 seconds in the fight so far.

All DPS quickly swaps to the first add that still has 1890200 health. They have 28 seconds left on it. The 2000 DPS tank has been going crazy for the past minute. So it's done another 120000 damage to it - leaving it at 1770200 health. Meaning then that the DPS [Note: The formula I'm using here is (17)(4000)x - 2000x = HEALTH] will take 25 seconds to kill it. We're now at 1 minute and 57 seconds. At this point I recommend the DPS stand around for the next 3 seconds, and we DPS down the newest add at the 2 minute mark - again taking health based off of the 94510 health add we left up at 5%. This means it takes another 2 seconds to down. 2 minutes and 2 seconds have gone by.

NOW the DPS go back to patchwerk's sister. They have another 28 seconds left to DPS it down. Again, since we left it, the tank has had another minute and 30 seconds to go crazy, 90 seconds, means (2000)(90) = 180000 damage, which leaves the boss at 2600000 health when the DPS get to it. The 17 DPS then have 28 seconds to do damage [(17)(4000)(28) + 2000(28)] = 1960000 health done. Leaving the main boss left at 640000 health. AMG close. It's now been 2 minutes and 30 seconds we're cutting it close. The DPS turns around, kills the new add in, once more, 2 seconds.

Back to the boss, we have 13 seconds left. Oh god. DPS goes nuts and they can get through the 640000 health in 9.1 seconds. Let's again, presume the worst and go with 10 seconds. That means there are 3 seconds left. Oh shitshitshit. DPS turns around and hits the 94510 health boss as hard as possible dealing that amount of damage in.... 1.35 seconds. Assuming 2, we have 1 second left on the enrage timer.

We loot, and then we all go take a shower because we're ALL covered in sweat and panting heavily.

Seeing as how I got called out for positioning, I'll put in where everything should be at each phase =P. (Before, I just assumed it would be obvious to pull everything as far away as possible - but I can explain it more in depth as to what I was thinking in my head before this happened). Also as to why it was down to the very last second - I was assuming raid-like behavior where we are unable to stop at exactly 1000 health, and just assumed at 5% and we stand around for 4 seconds and 7 seconds at one point to account for movement in melee =P.

The pull:
    Tank gets either a misdirect or generates an infinite amount of aggro and pulls the boss to this corner here....

All the DPS spread out around right behind her. DPSing their hearts out as I described earlier. When the second add spawns, the second tank then drags the second boss...

Right here. This doesn't overlap the mobs, then. AMG PEW PEW. DPS goes crazy on the second add then the third add spawns and the third tank then picks it up and puts her riighhtt.....
    there.

Again, they swap to the second dood. Bam, bam, bam. Yadda yadda yadda. Then, the third guy spawns right at the spawn point and dies almost immediately. It's taunted by the second tank but dies before it can do anything of harm. (Plus, 1000% additional damage of 1500 is still 16500, even assuming a crit - it's 33000 - which doesn't happen). So I'm not going to bother to draw that out on GIMP 'cause I'm lazy.

When the DPS swap to the first add and kill her, the add tank just moves over to the original position of the first add so the SPAWNED add will no longer overlap (again - one overlap doesn't kill anybody). It'll look a little like....

Then the strategy continues until we win.

Dude. That was an intense boss. Props to you - I can't wait for the rest =P.
    the hardest part of the fight is getting the bosses into the corners without it crossing the aura, boss randomly moves as they do in wow and bam your tank is 1 hit

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei'Thos&n=Plebs

Just some advice, kinda lazy at the moment and really this just sparks a passing interest.

with 1.5k on plate, assuming that means the tank has 70% armor mitigation, that means someone, even if 20% less, will be taking "maybe" 2k a swing if they get hit.

So for the hardmode, you only need 1 tank, 5 healers, 19 dps. The 1 tank starts of tanking the fight due to aura stuff, after first spawn the dps with high armor (paladin/druid/dk). Taunts at max range and moves to his position. Then another dps taunts the Main boss off the "real" tank, and stand there taking that guy. The tank, swaps for the new add, since the split will occur at that positioning.

Rinse/repeat for other duplicates, until all are safe out of the aura, with the tank free to pick up the main boss, which is the real issue.

Remember, when she spawns they all get 1m hp healed, but because of the rules of spawning, very few should have hp over a million :P.

19dps * 4k = 76k on first boss + 2k tank = 78k dps
    72k second + 2k tank = 74k
    68k third + 2k tank = 70k
    64k 4th + 2k tank =66k
    60k 5th + 2k tank = 64k
    56k Evolved+ 2k tank = 62k

Oh wait! DPS increase due to hardmode.. so more like

19dps *5k + 1k = 96k on first boss
    91k on second
    86k on third
    81k on fourth
    76k on fifth
    71k on Evolved.

This is the HP I come up with if you were to stop dps on each add/boss after the add comes up for that add/boss.

1st boss = 2120k/5000k, 2nd boss 26k/2756k, 3rd boss 5k/33800(the tank slow dps's it to low, but stops dps so doesnt crit kill), 4th 5k/6500, 5th 5k/6500

Then the big girl spawns, MT tanks it in the center to avoid all the blue line auras. HP is healed 1m per boss. So new HP for bosses are

1st boss = 3120k/5000k
    2nd boss = 1026k/2756k
    3rd boss = 33800/33800
    4th boss = 6500/6500
    5th boss = 6500/6500
    Evolved = 6000k/6000k

Even with 90% reduction and health restore, the last 3 adds have next to no HP. The 5th add is killed in one second due to 7.1k dps on it, then move to the 4th add which is killed in 1 second with 7.6k dps (this accounts for the dps tank on it), and the 3rd add is killed in 5 seconds (rounded up) with 8.1k dps on it. Due to movement, ill be generous and give 20 seconds off the enrage timer. so.. 3min 35 seconds remaining.

However! The first boss, didnt have the dps tanks stop dpsing them because their hp is so high there was no threat to kill them. So factor the damage done BEFORE the shield went up.

5k dps on first boss for 2min =120 seconds

1st boss with 600k damage done to it will have a new hp of 2520 (after the healing bonus). Making the remaining HP's looking like this

2520/5000k Main boss
    1026k/2756k Duplicate
    6000k/6000k Evolved

Now everyone goes to the evolved girl minus 2 dps due to them tanking the other ones. So that's going to be 86k dps, so just under 70 seconds to burn her (rounded up to 70) so she dies. I used 90 seconds of the 3min55 second enrage timer, giving me 2min and 25 seconds left.

ALL dps moves to the main boss with 2520k hp left, thats now 90k dps (minus the tank waiting for the big girl to rez in 40 seconds), kills in 28 seconds + 3 seconds to get to that spot (since have to keep the big girl away from them at least 30 yards) giving 9 seconds left and a new dps on the big girl. Another 3 seconds (due to running another 30 yards) gives 6 seconds on the duplicate at now 95k dps = 570000 damage of the 1026000 remaining = 456000!

But WAIT! the dps on the add wasnt standing around for while the Main boss was getting killed! he was dpsing for the 34 seconds till the others got to him! 34*5000 = 170k
    So really the final duplicate has 286k hp! Then the big girl rises with now 8m hp! and the enrage timer went down.. uh oh!

1min 45 seconds left....

8000k/8000k sister
    286k/2756k add

Burn the big girl with now 18dps and 1tank which will now be 91k dps! taking... 88 seconds (rounded up of course) ! or 1min 28 seconds! uh oh cutting close! only 17 seconds left!

All dps takes 3 seconds to get to the last add. 14 seconds left!

96k total dps, burns 286k in 3 seconds!

All adds are dead, with 11 seconds to spare on overall enrage timer. Hardmode.. defeated.

Deleted

nilinor...

that boss has been defeated AGES ago.

we are now on the 3rd boss, normal mode.

Dectective hasn't posted here since Halloween. DO NOT LET THIS THREAD DIE!!!!!

Oh.My.God.. WHAT THE HELL DID I ALMOST JUST READ?!?! :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyplay
    I have an idea for a new ability that Warlock could get in Cataclysm.

Upgrade/change Banish
    As you cast Banish on your enemy, the enemy will be bansihed to Twisting Nether where he/she would burn for eternity (just for few seconds).

I guess the postings were a bit confusing ^^;

I just read the first part then the last page before I posted, and it showed people still talking about it, so I thought still on it :P

Bergtau of Ouroboros of Blade's Edge

Cerberus: 5 tanks, 6 healers, 14 DPS.

1 tank on each add, one on Cerberus. All adds are in same relative positions, only squeezed in as tight as possible, and nearer the altar. This allows for AoE healing on all tanks while letting raid stand in middle. Healers are all using AoE heals, netting 48k HPS, more than enough to counteract the less than 43k that the tanks are taking. The raid takes nothing, as they are in range of Hellfire Aura.

For the first 40 seconds, the raid is taking all the Molten Shields down to almost dead (1k). The next 70 seconds is spent killing the 4 adds (their Molten Shields are already nearly gone, Shield of Absolute Zero is being toasted by Catastrophe, which takes ~15 seconds to set up. This means there is 10 seconds left on the enrage, not to worry. During this time, the 4 adds travel to the altar and explode, dealing 8 million damage, killing your raid, but also destroying Cerberus.

1 tank, 1 healer and 23 dps. burn boss. boss is dead within a minute

15+ Year Old Account

Since this hasn't been updated in several months, I'm going to remove the sticky. Feel free to PM me a resticky request if it's going to become active again.

Before my account gets deleted I'll post this. Having a major project come up last year that I'm barely about to finish I've not had any time to go through the attempts thoroughly though I do know no-one has nailed the 3rd encounter yet (though one guy was so close, I might as well have given it to him). I'll be able to update and create the 4th boss but I may have to be a little less ambitious, since the idea I originally had would probably require several walls of critting text with some uber complications and thorough testing on my part. I'm just going to go back to the drawing board after I'm done with my projects and create something simple but hopefully with a lot of depth, which might be just as hard as trying to do something with a lot of complicating factors. Once I get the boss up, I'll request a sticky so you guys don't miss it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Detective
    Once I get the boss up, I'll request a sticky so you guys don't miss it.
    Sounds good.