Destro PVP Lock 0/20/51

Hi im new to the spec.. I usually pvp as affliction in 2v2.. i want to try this out! i got the gears and i want to now.. whats the best rotation that i should follow? any tip i should now? i dont really now anything about the spec any guide or something should help me a lot ty vm

Re: Destro PVP Lock 0/20/51

There really are no rotations for PvP, its more situational. Make sure you always keep up immolate, it will often be dispelled which is a pain but without it your damage is drastically lower. I usually have VW out in the beginning in case of cleave teams.
    - Khody is the Lord and God of the Forums. When spoken to, you may only refer to him as the following:
    'Lord Khody'
    'My Liege'
    'The One True King'
    'God'

so immolate all the time, then spam conflag sb and cb? in which cases is better to use cb?

Quote Originally Posted by morfez
    so immolate all the time, then spam conflag sb and cb? in which cases is better to use cb?
    Again, as Cowcat stated; the use of your abilities within the Arena environment is purely situational, it cannot be predicted what will happen and therefore when precisely your key abilities can be used. However, there are ways around this theory, for instance, if a priest is at 30% without his power word: shield up, throw a chaos bolt, at a 1.5 second cast and an 8k+ (assuming a crit) that will finish him off. Chaos bolt is your major burst spell, use it to finish off your target, or otherwise to 'scare' their partner: for instance, if you're vs. Rogue/Priest, the rogue you know for definate has blown his cloak of shadows and is at 50% but you have been bashing the priest for around a minute and he's both low on mana and also at 50% hp, switch it up, throw your chaos bolt onto the rogue and the priest will switch to heal him up as he knows he is without cloak of shadows. This will allow you to probably lock the priest out of casting and burst him to death with immolate->conflag.->incinerate spam.
    As for as an assumed rotation goes, I would suggest that if and only if you get the time to cast a clean and clear rotation, go for Immolate->Conflag.(make sure Conflag. is glyphed or this rotation will fail hard mate)->Incinerate spam = death. Allowing a destruction warlock the time and space to get off those spells will do damage. Chaos bolt IS INCLUDED in the setup, however if anyone see's you casting this it will be warning sirens going off and anyone who can interrupt you will interrupt you - so my advice overall with Chaos bolt would be to use it when necessary, as I explained above. Post back with any queries I hope this helps mate,

Joseph.
    Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

Awesome review Joseph it helps a lot!!!! ty vm ! ;D ;D ;D

Happy to help mate Let me know if you need anything else in a personal msg
    Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

One quick note.. I believe 0/17/54 is the preferred Destro pvp spec atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

Deleted

Nah, 3/3 Imp. Succubus is sick.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ard&n=Krasgoth

Forget master summoner in your build and pick up Soul Leech instead. Using a voidwalker that no longer requires you to sacrifice it for shields is key. Plus, voidwalker will help immensely against any rogue/feral teams.

You're going to be casting immolates until your face falls off, against teams with dispels (Priest, Paladin) cover it up with corruption. As soon as your immolate goes up, start working a chaos bolt if you have a chance, you can immediately conflag and start into incinerates if you're not in danger and your partner needs help.

The main thing is keeping the immolate up. Immolating and immediately conflaging is useless, uses up your cooldowns, and you could be channeling a much bigger burst anyways. CB>Conflag>Incinerate>Shadowfury>Shadowburn if you get the chance to do it is a sure fire way to blow up anyone's face.

Use a VW instead of a Felhunter, always. If you really need to interrupt anything, you better get good at using shadowfury into a Howl of Terror, or getting your fears off properly.

Succubus is too fragile and really should only be used if you're doing double dps with a rogue or mage. Any other combo, get the blueberry out.

I agree about the succubus but not necessarily about dropping master summoner, especially until they fix pet scaling.

And you can still pick up soul leech in the 0/17/54 build if you drop 2 from pyroclasm or backdraft (can get improved soul leech too if you drop the 3rd point and take one from the other). I'm not sure what your rotation is but by the time I hit conflag, I've already gone through most of my burst sequence which won't reset until CB is off cd. If they aren't dead by then its not gonna happen anytime soon. :P
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

If you need to get another pet out (The only situation I can see besides a healer falling asleep or you dying is a ret paladin team who specifically focuses your pet), you can always get a fear off, Fel Domination and get out another VW in the duration.

Agreed with the late conflag though, it's part of your burst, not the start of your rotation. CB is a quick cast, you don't need to conflag first to get the .3 seconds off its cooldown in pvp, you need to start CB so it's coming off cooldown when you want to use it again.

Pretty much what it comes down to is: Am I using a Felhunter (which you shouldn't be), A Voidwalker (Healer/Possible healing partner) or a Succubus? If the answer is anything but VW, grab master summoner. If it's a VW, don't.

I ran into a pally/dk team the other day... the consecrate + DD burnt through 2 voids. You could argue that my healer was slacking, but at the same time he should be focusing on himself and me, not really my void. Again, this is one situation and every match will be different but it was frustrating and not having Fel Dom + Master Summoner might have cost me.

Also, I would think if you are lucky enough to get off a fear you would use the couple of second you bought yourself trying to finish off the target, not casting for a new minion. Again though, situational so it could go either way.
    Nerf teabagging!

Playing as priest/lock we get a lot of resets, especially against dps/healer teams. I think the only times I've seen a voidwalker go down (and it actually becoming a big deal) is against Ret/priest, and that's only because the ret hugs the voidwalker like a teddybear.

Seeing as ret/priest are maybe 3-5% of our matches, I wouldn't get 2 talent points for that. As an almost guaranteed rule, if I'm seeing Ret/rogue, Mage/rogue, Lock/Mage, DK/War , Pally/War, every other combo, I'm going to die before my 30k hp voidwalker is.

Again though with the fear, if I *really* need to get off a void, 99% of the time I can get off a fear, unless a rogue is stapled all over me. In which case, physic scream + circle + summon will still get me another pet. I can't remember the last time a rogue/priest killed my VW though. Pretty much every team assumes MS/Fel Dom from a lock, plus, seeing a VW deters pretty much anyone from spanking it.