Best Partners For Disc Priest in 2's

I know us and rogues are awesome butt buddies, can't seem to find a decent rouge to run with. Is there another class/spec that has a good synergy with us? If so can you give a little explanation if possible? I'm still in the middle of my "return" to PVP and man has the game changed.

I'm thinking we need someone with decent CC/peeling abilities seeing as we only have fear for ourselves. You could argue our survivability is kinda like a CC lol...some guy just sits on me beating me while his partner dies...haha ok that was a joke, kinda.

I ran with a DK for a bit but we couldn't really lock down the healer when we needed to end the other guys life. I mean, we would have to time out fear/strangulate really really well and...he just wasn't that great.

So let me here from you 2's heads out there, of the Discipline persuasion! Thanks in advance!

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Re: Best Partners For Disc Priest in 2's

There are alot of options to play with
    Feral, Ret, a DK, A mage can work, Lock can work but abit harder

But for a DK/Ret i guess its nice to have a pve geared one so the CC will be less hard due the oposite healer (assuming its healer/dps) will be pressured more when you support dps, so you can fear/burn better.

For most setups they will usaly go for your partner as when they leave your partner alot hes free to nuke more.
    Turning ur back to a feral/ret/dk hurts
    Letting a mage/lock free to cast hurts

Strong points of the classes imo:
    Feral - bear and still do decent dmg, innervate for you, cyclone when needed
    Ret - repleshmend(or however its called but the manaregen), Disspels on you and himself, HoF on stunns, Bubbles when your cc-ed or when there is alot of dmg, HoJ and Rep.
    DK - Dont rly know much about them but disc/DK is strong aswell the dk can survive on his own for long, he can slow/kite when your oom and drinking or when hes getting nuked (assuming its a melee), deal alot of dmg even in frost, Deadgrip so you can manaburn.
    Mage - Can kite very well, CC, counterspell, iceblock to save himself
    Lock - Fearspam, disspelsupport wirth pet, can survive on his own very well aswell, healthstone But you will have to keep his pet up wich can be hard

And ofc rogue but think rogues will need abit more skills (Harder to find compaired to DK, ret ;p) as with a ret/dk you have abit of a bufer when something went wrong as they can survive by them self very well imo.

I might be wrong but i'm trying to help! ;p i mostly went out from a melee enemy's

Thanks for the awesome reply man! I guess my DK partner just wasn't that great. He told me he didn't use hotkeys and stuff so I can only wonder how well he actually played and timed out his abilities.

The only strong point was, like you said, he could survive on his own pretty damn well, and so could I, for the most part, so that was cool, but DK/Disc has so little CC that it was hard to lock down the healer so we could murder his partner, and it would turn into an outlasting match, which disc isn't that great at.

Thanks again though for your post! Food for though.

Try find a good lock and fear + mana burn + drain mana. Its really fun.

I am feral druid playing with disc priest between 1950 and 2000 and still going up.
    Tho we faced disc priest + retpaladin(in ulduar pvegear) and they facerolled us without even ccing, just rolled over my priest like he a piece of paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Perle
    I am feral druid playing with disc priest between 1950 and 2000 and still going up.
    Tho we faced disc priest + retpaladin(in ulduar pvegear) and they facerolled us without even ccing, just rolled over my priest like he a piece of paper.
    Thats why you have cyclone
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiwashi
    Try find a good lock and fear + mana burn + drain mana. Its really fun.
    Hmm now that does sound pretty wicked. I heard that mana burning/draining isn't done as much in higher brackets do to the high amount of resilience. Also, this only sound good against a handful of teams. The only people I burn really are priests and pallies. Wait, now that I think about it, almost every&#160; team ahs 1 of thsoe lol! Sounds good, I might try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Perle
    Yeah Rets, and really good/geared arms warriors can give me a spanking here and there pretty damn quickly, which is why I really want a partner with good peeling/cc. You pop out of cat to cyclone/root I'm guessing, but they can both dispel so I'm guessing that's where the problem was. Cyclone can't be dispelled though right? Hmm maybe a ret would be good for me still. Dual dispel is nice, small backup heals if needed, plate+burst. Auras too, conc/resist for Spriest/lock. I should look into that.

Thanks for the replies guys! Love hearing from experienced people!

A good ret is excellent teammate for disc, they can roll in pve gear and burst they got is incredible. Plus - they got BoP.

Replenishment was nerfed in arena about two patches ago, the effects do not work there.

Priest / Ret pali is a good combo but don't let the OP whiners make you think its total faceroll, but again it IS a good combo. The main reason is BOP, with so many melee teams at high rating it give you a solid save button and you WILL need it at a high rating. Your weakness is finishers your pali will get guys low and not be able to always take them down so half of your game's will be mana wars. Also if you feel your a really good self survival then this combo is probably for you.

Priest / DK is the safer version, he will be able to peel you easy which can be a big deal for a priest because if you are free to roam, dps, fear, mana burn, drink then priests become insane. The ret cant peel for you so very little drink time and with a DK that becomes a lot easier.

In the end id just go with whoever is the better player between the two.

best partner? http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/2v2/Priest/, no way its a rogue.

My Opinion is Disc Priest/Rogue or Disc/Warriors

Cause If u have one of those U can temporary reduce the healign done by 50% Warriors can go to 75%

GL
    Banned.

I also thought i should mention, if you really want to have some fun get a Ret pali and a warrior and do 3's. Its super fast pace games and im running it on a high end battlegroup with a current 2100 rating and a MMR of 2250 so we have plenty of room to grow.

With the change to the 3's rating system it makes it easier to obtain higher ratings then it was 2-3 weeks ago.

I many 2s with a DK. I can offer this on a rogue vs DK partner.

DK-
    More survivability, both in general and cooldowns, dks can live defensively more than a rogue can.
    More damage, the total damage done by a dk will be higher than a rogue
    Ignores armor better, a dk can shred rets/warriors much better than a rogue can

Rogue-
    More CC- Blind, stuns, disarms, gouge, sap, Rogues can control a LOT better than DKs
    MS- Well wounding poisons to be specific, even against someone who can heal poisons this will be on most of the time, which means that the other team has to do twice the healing, which counters the fact the rogue will do less damage
    Burst- A rogue can simply burst better than a dk

Tips with a DK.
    Use terrain to your advantage. Your biggest weakness as a priest is Warriors/Rogues (and maybe other priests but thats kinda a given). In an arena like Sewers, you can stand behind the boxes with your DK on the bottom level, the dk can then death grip a warrior or rogue off of you, chains of ice and now the melee has to walk all the way around back to you (if its a warrior you can los whichever way you need to when he finally gets to the stairs do avoid charge). During this time their dps either has to A. do no damage B. decide to attack your DK (which should be more survivable than the other DPS)

Be aggressive. Until your dk is out of cooldowns he is quite a beast, so you need to use your time whenever he is healthy to be mana burning, dispelling, or if the opponent is low, even dpsing. Furthermore a DK can take most targets out in a pure 1v1 situation. This means MIND CONTROL is very powerful, if your opponents have blown their trinket, Fear->Mind Control-> walk him far away from partner->Short MC-> Fear again. Right before the first MC be sure to shield your DK for a faster MC and to give him an extra chunk of health for the fighting.

Be SMART with mana, a DK doesn't have the burst of some classes and doesn't have wounding. But a DK DOES keep good damage dealt the entire fight. This means some fights are going to drag out into longer matches. If the other teams healer is too good at losing for Mana Burn or popping bear at the last second to break it, be sure to find time to drink.

Basically, I would choose a DK against almost any comp except X/Rogue, at which I would rather have a rogue. But since rogues are in 50% or so of the 2v2 teams I see, its kinda a tossup.

Feral/disc is harder to play, but with practice its very solid. Solid CC and survivability paired with burst that is as good as any class. You're only lacking MS, and your peeling can be average once maim gets on DR or somebody on the other team can cleanse Infected Wounds constantly.

Plus getting that phat Innervate back to full mana is so so sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by qsubt05
    best partner? http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/2v2/Priest/, no way its a rogue.
    maybe check when they did play some games last time? its as intresst as look what classes priest did play with in s1 damn noob.

the nr 1 team havent play games since 4/29.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Tixwi

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Mnem%C3%AEc

Melee would be your best partner imo, from rogues to arms warriors, from retribution paladins to death knights. Although I'm not really that sure about shamans.

I think Disc/Mage are good since I have a friend doing 2v2 we are undefeatable

Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Cysne
    I play with a Arms warrior, its got damn frustrating, shit synergy, little peel. Every other combo is a hard counter, go from 1600-1750 rating all the time, we just end up hitting combo's we cant beat, ie anything with a druid in then drop back down.
    lol, I've hit 2k rating with ease when I still did arena on my priest. Yes, with an arms war.