Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Druid Forms - Night Elf Cat & Color Associations

If pink is bothering you so much, then why the hell majority of players are doing world events to get Violet (Pink) Proto-Drake? for its going with 310% speed? Then its the same situation here, these are the new forms and you have to choose one of them to play as a better-looking cat. And if you think pink is a gay colour, you should think again. The whole night elves and their starting zone is gleaming with pink, then why did you choose a nelf druid to play with?

Quote Originally Posted by Nraktja
    If pink is bothering you so much, then why the hell majority of players are doing world events to get Violet (Pink) Proto-Drake? for its going with 310% speed? Then its the same situation here, these are the new forms and you have to choose one of them to play as a better-looking cat. And if you think pink is a gay colour, you should think again. The whole night elves and their starting zone is gleaming with pink, then why did you choose a nelf druid to play with?
    Having a violet mount is a very different thing compared to playing with a purple character. And do you have any other race to choose from if you want to be a druid on the Alliance side? (I personally like nelves and even their starting zones but honestly, there's too much pink going on with the race.)

But... back to why I originally decided to write here...

I'm a girl and I still can't say anything good about using only different shades of pink with the nelf cat-forms. (Referring to you men, who are saying they are too girlie etc.) I actually like the forms otherwise (They're not feminine IMO, only comparing to very masculine tauren form they may be... If you compared a male lion and a male panther, I believe you could say panthers look feminine.) Even the necklace looks fine to me. Plus, I'm absolutely loving the eyes, the eyebrows, the fangs and the ears.

I just feel so jealous when looking at the tauren cat forms... You used different colors with them, why not also with nelves, Blizz? Why should nelves stick with just purple when the tauren have actually something to choose from instead of just sticking to the previous yellow/brown as nelves are now? I would've liked to see a bluish-white cat, a dark blue cat or a greenish cat(!) or purely black cat (which almost actually is there, thank god...) All I see now is a pink-white cat, purple-black cat, purple cat, another purple cat and, again, a purple-black cat. And could you tell me why the purple cat has green markings when there's nothing else green in it? Nelves change based on hair color, right? Why not make the fur color based on the hair color then, instead of skin color? Taurens needed more radical change, I get it, but is there a reason for leaving nelves so much behind?

My character has blue skin and white hair and I have no idea why she should change purple when shapeshifting. And if I changed the hair color green, why is the purple still there? Okay, actually there's nothing wrong with purple, I wouldn't mind if you used it with 1 or 2 skins, but because it's everywhere... Makes me a bit sad.

Anyway, I'm glad Blizz finally made these new skins. (Going to dye my druid's hair dark blue btw. Or let's see how the 'white' cat looks like when going live because I really like the light-brown bear...) And I won't reroll tauren because of this, no way, but I can see myself making a tauren druid alt... which probably won't make really far past lvl 20.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Updated Druid Forms - Night Elf Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    Finally we get a cool cat form and you don't, fuck you alliance haha.
    so true horde forms are waaaaay better imho

Second, I must ask you one thing, English-speakings. Take a look at all this fucking thread and you'll see most of you have said "these models are gay"...Do you use "gay" word as an insult all the fucking time? You repeat the same fucking thing in this thread...Is that all the original things you can say when something seems a bit "pink"? Damn! I feel really dissapointed and ashamed because of you.
    Pfft.

But seriously.

I am a girl and I have a female Tauren druid. I greatly for the updates, they look amazing. I'm just very bummed that I'll still have to feel like a manly man-cat :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Naurelyn
    Pfft.

But seriously.

I am a girl and I have a female Tauren druid. I greatly for the updates, they look amazing. I'm just very bummed that I'll still have to feel like a manly man-cat :'(
    Blizzard can't make a female form... -oh you made it slim, why should female be smaller bla bla all the feminist would whine.
    I do agree that the form right now do look to male like.

No they should make a unisex form

10+ Year Old Account

First of all, both NE and Tauren models for bears and cats are just great. Not only compared to the old ones, but overall. Maybe night elf models have some weird elements like temples hair for bears and those neckbells for cats, but that's it.
    Second of all, 'tis Tauren who should complain about WTH?! is with their cat form, not elves. Elves got cheetah/puma form which neither require nor has any specific gender signs, while your girls look like guys (aye, only male lions have SUCH a mane) in their feral form, pfft.
    And to all those laughing about taurens = boys, elves = girls, which they are not - it's not like you think boys are better in any way somehow, eh?

Why on earth are you people screaming about the mane?

Please shift your pretty female tauren OUT of whatever the hell form it's in, take off your cloak/chest/tabard and LOOK at your neck and back.

YOU WERE BORN WITH A MANE. GET OVER IT.

If you look at the Nelf forms, they too have manes of a sort; a strip of colored hair going down the back. Representing (you guessed it) THEIR HAIR.

Oh, I'm female too, and to be honest, they've scaled back the "mane" just enough. People are just being ridiculous now.

Click on my website link - it's the whole history of Azeroth in point form!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvina
    They should have made the Night Elf cats look more masculine like this IMO:
    Only as long as tauren cats get this :
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbur
    Because we actually know and care about genetic situations of fictional races.
    Humans = Fictional. Son, I is disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by xSaix
    WoW has a growing female population of players, and it's not appreciated that the races that're SUPPOSED to be ugly (trolls, orcs, forsaken) look beautiful, but the men can stay ugly.
    If you think you can't roll an ugly female troll/orc/forsaken, you obviously haven't tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntie
    Only as long as tauren cats get this :
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...nniversary.jpg
    Hey, I'd take it since it doesn't have a slave ring.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Lots of qq'ing. Isn't it more fun to kick someone's ass while wearing a pink necklace? ;D

seriously guys?

for nelf ppl. you are pinkskinned. im sorry but you are. and you emulate a panther, a cat that is long lean and built for stealth ambushes in both the male and female. in the real world their isn't a great deal of sexual dimorphism so that's just what they look like. panthers are the chosen template for nelf models.

their bear template appears to be a brown or black bear, fitting for the more arboreal setting of their lifestyle.

taurens on the other hand live on the plain with ranging moutains surrounding them

is it any surprise that their template for cat form would be a lion? lions as some of you may or may not know show a large amount of sexual dimorphism in what i like to call the real world, and as we've seen in the barrens in WoW too. males are larger and more powerfully built and have great big manes. they are not hunters like male panthers but rather defenders. it makes sense that of the two the taurens would choose to emulate the male lions rather then females. after all taurens are comparatively peaceful and only seek to defend their home and friends.

their bear template appears to be a grizzly or some sort of mountain bear owing to the mountainous terrain they took 'em from. grizzlies are, last i checked, huge fucking bears that look mean as all get out. pretty masculine-looking

so you are all bitching that grizzlys look more masculine then brown bears and male lions look more masculine then panthers.

congratulations, you just stated the obvious.

even without the damned lore, you dont need to know WHY each race choose a different template for their forms. just know that nelfs are panthers/brown bears and taurens are male lions/grizzly bears. im going to bet that if ToL form comes next then nelf ToL will look more like a deciduous tree like an oak or something while taurens will get something more akin to joshua tree or something of that nature.

will you all complain that nelf trees are all covered in too many leaves and girly looking while the taurens bitch that they look gnarled and dead?

different races, different views on power. stop complaining when real life interferes with your desires

also i misspelled "there" as "their", sorry.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Cant wait to read the "oh we have to have 1 set of haircolor/skin if you want to be a specific kitty/bear color blizz sucks!"

Quote Originally Posted by Miranger
    Cant wait to read the "oh we have to have 1 set of haircolor/skin if you want to be a specific kitty/bear color blizz sucks!"
    Actually my only gripe is that the combination of cat/bear form form that I want (grey bear, white cat) is not possible for female tauren. There are three male tauren skins that get that combination, but 0 female.

Kinda ridiculous that female tauren have less skin choices than males.

Quote Originally Posted by Hattai
    you all rolled night elves, masculinity went out the window as soon as you hit accept on the char creation screen
    ^ This.

Anyway, Tauren bears > Nelf bears. Tauren cats > Nelf cats.
    Taurens are the true druids anyway. We're the ones Cenarius knew he didn't need to babysit for fear we'd summon demons or some other mischief.
    Silly elves... should've stayed trolls.

wtb moonkin and tree of life re skin > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >:

For years, druids have pined for a makeover on their major forms. It's been terrible staring at the wyvern-cat and bat-bear for so long, hasn't it? And Blizzard, having finally addressed the mounting complaints, has presented us with these lovely new forms.

And what does everyone do?

Bitch, bitch, bitch.

Well, if you give a mouse a cookie...

Quote Originally Posted by Insanitation
    Well, if you give a mouse a cookie...
    Everyone would bitch if the cookie has several bits of red cabbage (or some other disgusting thing, whatever you don't like) in it. It's not much, but it basically ruins the enjoyment of eating a cookie.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukaï
    Except that for Tauren cat/bear it will look at your skintone, but for Night-elf cat/bear it will look at your haircolour.
    Except that, for a Tauren, skin tone IS hair color. They're a race of buffalo people, and have fur.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlyrrh View Post
    Hogger can chew water into Hydrogen and Oxygen.