Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted

Re: Giving Palidens a SINGLE aoe heal.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko
    I laughed at this. For one when the glyph crit it was ridiculously overpowered. The way it is now is perfectly balanced and if you don't believe so look deeper into the healing numbers. Holy Light Glyphed is by far the best aoe spell there is...why? Because we can SPAM it. Holy light heals for more than chain heal if it hits all 5 targets and let's be honest in most Ulduar fights it will hit that many. What other aoe heal do you know that can still be spammed? CoH? Nope. Wild growth? Nope. Chain heal? Kinda...takes longer (my holy light is currently 1.3 seconds) and only hits 4 targets and does not equally heal everyone the same. So tell me what aoe healing spell heals your main target for 16-20k and hits the other 4 targets near them for around 1600 to 2000 and is spammable?

NONE....holy light is the best healing aoe in the game right now and if you don't see that you are full of fail.
    Lol you're a fucking retard. "HOLY LIGHT THE BEST AOE SPELL OMG". It just amazes me that you are in a guild that have progressed in Ulduar.

So, we have the best AoE healing spell in the game and yet we are the worst AoE healers...

Its a funny post by Meroko

HL glyph, the best aoe healing spell? How much did u buy that pally in ebay for?

How many fights in ulduar require u to stack to make HL glyph useful? Lemme see.....there's ignis....and auriaya...mini stack in vezzax...and a few secs of stacking in freya....and....thats it!

Sure bro, i guess it really is the best aoe healing spell around! Yr guild should make u a class leader for such in-depth wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by meroko
    I laughed at this. For one when the glyph crit it was ridiculously overpowered. The way it is now is perfectly balanced and if you don't believe so look deeper into the healing numbers. Holy Light Glyphed is by far the best aoe spell there is...why? Because we can SPAM it. Holy light heals for more than chain heal if it hits all 5 targets and let's be honest in most Ulduar fights it will hit that many. What other aoe heal do you know that can still be spammed? CoH? Nope. Wild growth? Nope. Chain heal? Kinda...takes longer (my holy light is currently 1.3 seconds) and only hits 4 targets and does not equally heal everyone the same. So tell me what aoe healing spell heals your main target for 16-20k and hits the other 4 targets near them for around 1600 to 2000 and is spammable?

NONE....holy light is the best healing aoe in the game right now and if you don't see that you are full of fail.
    Now for bitchslapping a moron who doesn't know what he's talking about. First of all, let's assume that we're casting holy light at the tank. That restricts the holy light glyph heal to just around the tank, so only melee benefit from that. Second of all, smart heals, like CoH and Chain Heal seek out the hurt people, GoHL just heals people randomly. GoHL only works if people are rather close together, and that's not always the best way to do it. In pure numbers, holy light is probably the strongest AoE healing spell. In actuality, that's not the case. (Just look at healing done during Mimiron phase 2. I dare you to beat a resto druid on that phase.)

You'll find that while Chain Heal si smart, it also has a maximum range to bounce around.
    RETH

Hello my name is Lugo and I'm a paladin. /bow

Been holy for about 4 years, and i honestly say we don't need a aoe spell, i admit in 5-10 man runs it would mean the difference between loot and a wipe, but in all honesty that is the challenge of this class. If anything i think we could use something to make healing a single target more effective like say give FoL a stack able buff like "Reduces dmg from all sources by 1 percent per a stack (up to 5) for 15 seconds when you heal a player with flash of light" or something to move us away from the Holt Light spamfest we are experiencing today.

If we were to consider a Aoe heal in general i think a last Resort group heal would be interesting. Lets say it could only be used once per fight or a hour and the paladin dies after using it (see where I'm going) but as a trade off heals 4 players and anyone who is given the beacon of light buff(ie always the tank) for 100 percent of the maximum health of the paladin within 10 maybe 15 yards of the paladin.  Its probably as situational as it gets.

Thanks for reading, if you don't like the ideals i have suggested than you are entitled to your opinion and I would appreciate some feed back.

P.s Much love to the shamans, hope you guys get the buffs you rightfully deserve.      

I love my Paliden! Palidens are nice! ;D

I am also in favor of Paladins receiving a single AoE heal. I don't want us to suddenly be stealing the true AoE healers niches, especially if it would mean losing our MT healer niche, but a single inefficient AoE heal would be nice. The type of spell that I would like to see is one that heals for a moderate amount but is on a long cooldown and quite expensive. That way in raids we will still end up in our MT healer niche and avoid hitting our AoE unless it is a last resort (the raid healers are dead or oom) This also gives the poor lesser geared pallies just starting into heroics something, its not all endgame for everyone.

We have not received a single new healing spell in either of the 2 expansions. This is just ridiculous. We have gotten some abilities to enhance them but no new actual healing spells. Beacon is great and I love it but its also one of those spells that is wildly unpredictable depending on the fight. Sometimes you know not to use it, sometimes you are basically landing Holy Lights on 2 targets and nearly doubling your output and sometimes its largely wasted or even almost hurting the tank (you cast a heal at a different target, a smart heal snipes it, no healing for the beaconed tank)

I also like the glyph to HL but its also one that is hard to keep balanced. Blizzard has said they want to get rid of things like totem stomping macros so that you at least have to spend some of your consciousness to make the choice to destroy a totem. Well thats the same boat GoHL is in. Most of the healing you will get out of it costs no conscious effort. You are spamming the tanks with HL anyway so its just randomly splashing away at anyone in range. Its also some AoE healing free of charge. Again, you are casting HL anyway and the splash heals cost you nothing extra.

I want a new spell that makes me have to recognize, oh god, we all took a big hit and some of our raid healers are down. I am low on mana and this thing is on a 30 sec (or 15, 20 whatever) CD. Do I wasted the 3000 mana cost?

I am in favor of the Consecration change. Deep in the Holy tree and makes consecration no longer do damage but instead heals. This would be even better if it was a targetable cast like a mage's blizzard but maybe that would be too powerful. The fact that we have to move to where we want it cast would seem to limit it and balance it. Also it definitely needs a target limit. If it was a rare fight where 25 people could all group up and get healed for 9,000 or so that would be way overpowered.

A small step towards us getting some small AoE relief would be to make Judgment of Light scale only off spellpower. Rets could still use it due to Sheath of Light but a Holy Paladin would get the more powerful judgement. This pushes Rets to use Wisdom which would help them recover mana (though mana is not a problem for my pally when he's ret) and gives the Holy Pallies the healing mechanic rather than the Rets, which is just silly.

Maybe we could get an ability that blows up the judgement, removing it from the target and healing the 4 lowest targets in range for 6,000 or so but resets our judgment timer. This would have to be on a longer CD, 30 secs or so.

I didn't read the whole thread so shoot me down if this has already been suggested but I have an idea.

Alter Holy Wrath either with talents or glyphs so it heals friendly targets around you as well as the damage/stun (possbility).
    Holy Wrath is currently a really lacking ability being that is can only be used on undead and demons so it maybe is a logical step to alter it so it becomes useful. If you take a look at the talent Purifying Power in the holy tree it reduces mana cost of some spells but also reduces CD on Holy Wrath by 33%, that talent could be easily altered to either convert the damage into healing or add a healing affect. I am not sure about the range of Holy Wrath but a glyph could be put in place to increase its range or increase the number of targets it hits if that is a restriction.

With a 20s CD and moderate healing to multiple targets it could be a really useful alteration to an old ability which currently has some major restrictions. Plus the fact it would be changing a currently ability not just adding something new which is a better plan imo.

While reading some of this thread this idea came to me and there is a lot of directions you could go with it so feel free to add some ideas. Of course this needs a lot more padding out but the basic premise could be great.

id pref a bouncing heal, even if it wasnt a smart heal like chain heal.

or a sort of heal like holy nova, useable when wings are popd only. actually that would be sweet, how long is wings? 15 seconds?
    the heal should just automaticly proc every 4 seconds healing the people around me for some comprable amount. when wings are done, the aoe nova type thing should share the same cd.

Quote Originally Posted by gobgob34
    I know there has been several posts about this topic, but one more cant hurt right? Blizz had stated that giving palidens more healing spells would make the class over the top in pve healing, which is probably true. BUT, what if its just a single spell, with a fairly large cd? I think that would be all I want in 3.2. That and the retri changes to actually happen (probably not).

I was thinking something along the lines of this:
    "Holy combustion" (bad name i know) - 15 second cd. Heals your target and everyone in a 10 yd? radius for (around the same as holy shock)? Instant cast. This would not be to op because of the 15 second cd, and it would help keep up melle dps near the MT you are healing.

sorry for spelling or grammer mistakes.
    make it have a shared CD with Holy Shock and heal for the same amount on the targetand everyone within 10 yard radius but it's mana cost should be 3 times higher than Holy Shock to prevent it from being spammed and Holy Shock never being used
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    God's in his heaven. All's right with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerWithTheLazer
    make it have a shared CD with Holy Shock and heal for the same amount on the targetand everyone within 10 yard radius but it's mana cost should be 3 times higher than Holy Shock to prevent it from being spammed and Holy Shock never being used

That's a good idea, it would make the spell not overpowered. As for the consecration idea, im liking that aswell. Would be usefull in pvp to, when you pop aura mastery and spam yourself while having the extra cons heal.
    Hello 15 year old that considers himself a mature, sensible and truthspeaking God of Man.

Personally I wouldnt mind seeing some sore of pally AoE heal that's a cooldown (not long...like 30sec-1min) that heals for a decent amount, but not OP. More like an OMG GROUP IS DYING button to save them.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.