Page 1 of 2
LastLast

OMG, GC confirmed new Pala heal-spell!!!!

we're not talking about overhauling the Holy tree or getting 5 new healing spells
    No 5 new healing spells means one healing spell, hooray!

Re: OMG, GC confirmed new Pala heal-spell!!!!

kewl
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

Not proof till you show you have certificates to say you've learned Blizzardish

Does the certificate have to be certificated?

Yes
    By the governing body of Bullshit Language
    Aka France...

Quote Originally Posted by WolleKK
    No 5 new healing spells means one healing spell, hooray!
    If a shaman tells you that he can't tank, he's just not doing it right.

No 5 healing spell mean 1000000000 new healing spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgetable
    No new healing spells means there won't be anymore spells added. The spells should stay the same. A Holy Paladin is used for healing the Tank, they shouldn't be able to do everything. If they add all these new spells. What's the whole point of rolling a specific class? Why not make every class the same so there wont be any OP class?
    Stop QQing about healing, you're not the only class that finds it boring to heal... It's generally boring to heal on any class.
    since you didnt read the blue post the snipet that the op post came from I'll tell you that based on what the op post + GC saying that they've allowed other healers to be able to spec in such a way to be tank healers (dpriests speciffically) that now the niche healing role that the hpally fills can now be filled by other healers making it no longer nessacary to bring a holy pally (although most will). this means that they (blizz) will be bringing changes to the holy tree (ie through new spell and abilities and talents). (what I just typed is paraphased version of a blue post on mmo-champs front page)

Holy Ball

eA-Zaku

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgetable
    No new healing spells means there won't be anymore spells added. The spells should stay the same. A Holy Paladin is used for healing the Tank, they shouldn't be able to do everything. If they add all these new spells. What's the whole point of rolling a specific class? Why not make every class the same so there wont be any OP class?
    Stop QQing about healing, you're not the only class that finds it boring to heal... It's generally boring to heal on any class.
    If Paladins can't have AoE heals, then all healers with AoE heal don't get single-target heals, ok? That's fair. You guys AoE heal, we tank heal. That way you won't take our jobs and we won't take yours.

Quote Originally Posted by zcks
    wolle I think you took what he said out of context. he meant that paladins are great at what they already do witch is strong single target heals and that if they aren't careful when adding multi target or aoe heals there wouldn't be any reason to roll other classes. what they will probably end up doing is adding an aoe heal that is ether very mana costly & or on some sort of cooldown so it cant be spamed
    yeah, that is what I'm thinking too. I just attempted to troll a little

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Judgement of Light, Glyph of Holy Light, THOSE are our AoE heals. JoL in particular is like an AoE HoT for DPS and Tanks, and Glyph of Holy Light is much like a HoT for melee.

Do you really want to end up like tanks? By that, i mean there's barely any distinction between the 4 tanking classes besides what avoidance stat benefits them the most.
    exactly,
    holy is fine and its viable in pvp and pve what do you need more?
    lets fuck something up!
    if you want to aoe heal reroll shaman or holy priest
    if you want to dps go ret or reroll X class
    if you.. could just shut up..

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SyncMaster2
    First off, fuck you.

Why should I reroll something else, when the ability wasnt given to my class but to all others in the first place? Get a fucking clue, please.

Same goes for Chronic-something, JoL is judged by Rets and GoHL is not viable as AE heal.
    because you dont need it, lets homogenised that game even more every class gets every spell so no QQ!

A holy paladin shouldnt be casting JoL [well unless ur the only pally] and i sure as hell am not gonna spam holy on a single person so that i can heal up to 5 ppl around him for 2-3k, thats what u call a waste of mana and massive overhealing.

[i wouldnt mind there being a PoM type spell though, although its not an AoE its still nice imo.]

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SyncMaster2
    Blizzard took alot of paladins uniqueness, time to pay back.
    they took a lot from every class open your eyes
    its world of homogenycraft

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Judgement of Light, Glyph of Holy Light, THOSE are our AoE heals. JoL in particular is like an AoE HoT for DPS and Tanks, and Glyph of Holy Light is much like a HoT for melee.

Do you really want to end up like tanks? By that, i mean there's barely any distinction between the 4 tanking classes besides what avoidance stat benefits them the most.
    Hpalas shouldn't judge light if there's a pala tank or dps in the raid. If it'd scale with spellpower id agree with you, it would be a great group heal, but now it sux.

Yeah, except HoTs heal over time as a target is taking damage, if a holy paladin casts holy light it`ll either heal a small amount of 5 or less people`s hp, or it`s going to overheal them instantly. Judgement of light.. wow, really? Our ret paladin judges light and heals the melee up more than I ever could.. I only use that to refresh JotP. Not to mention I`m not going to SPAM holy light to get the benefit of a weak, overhealing AoE glyph to heal people up when a druid or shaman can do it in no time.

Holy light glyph isn`t an AoE healing SPELL, it`s a GLYPH that procs an aoe heal onto 5 targets off of a single target heal.. you`re missing that. It`s a terrible overhealing tool that the only real benefit of is healing melee. Because if we`re tank healers then why would we ever cast it on the raid? I`ll spam FoL on raid before I use a 15k heal on one person missing 4k hp for a bunch of mana just to heal people around that person that probably aren`t the people that need to be healed. They`ve already made disc priests okay tank healers, they were talking about doing things to Illumination.. sooner or later they`ll probably screw us up so that we can`t even tank heal the best and will be forced to redo things. They`re slowly making other classes viable tank healers because they want more than one class to be able to tank heal besides paladins.. and yet they obviously don`t want every class to be able to raid heal since.. yeah. I don`t want to be a raid healer, if I wanted that I`d have made a druid.. but it`d be nice to at least be given some spells to put us up there with the other raid healers.

If you don`t mind leveling from 1-80, I suggest you go level a druid, because they`ve been amazing, OP healers in PvP and PvE since day one of TBC.

SyncMaster2, grow up a little, it's just a video game. Paladins are still the best tank healers, stop your QQing because other classes can AoE heal and you can't. It's seriously not needed.

If you really want an AoE heal that bad, make consecration like holy nova.

There's paladins out there that do just fine being raid healers. Just play the paladins strengths and stop whining because other healers can also tank heal.

Paladins really should get a new healing spell, many times mentioned a consecration like fixed aoe hot. The good would be that if the spell cost as much mana as consecration, paladins really should think before they go spamming endlessly. the hot cant crit and the spell cant bring back mana.
    Lorewise its logical for paladins have a holy ground like spell. Also technicaly they plate wearers and melee, so being close to melee should be natural.

First off, I don't play a healer right now. Take what I say with a grain of salt, though I think it's well-reasoned. So:

It's really not that complicated to figure out Blizz's healing philosophy, though many seem to miss it.

They can assume a wider variety of healing classes, so they're allowed to have them have more specific niches. (This would work for DPS as well, except that it's so far proven tough for Blizz to find ways to make different styles of damage-dealing equally important, whereas raid heals are every bit as important as tank heals)

Anyways, the philosophy boils down to this: They want niches to maintain healer style uniqueness, but they don't want to overly punish a raid which happens to stack one class or another. The reason Holydin is in their sights right now is because you can get by with stacking any other healer class just fine, but holydin you'll suffer significantly. It isn't impossible, but it is notably less effective.

Put simply, a druid, shaman, or priest is perfectly capable of tank healing. They may not be ideal, but you could clear Uld with all your healers being any of those three classes. Could you clear with a stack of paladin healers? I'm not sure, but I have my doubts.

Some people say paladins are fine, just learn to play. This is very similar to the arguments about arena viability.. e.g. someone says "Hunters aren't viable in high-rank arena.", someone else counters by showing a hunter who has managed to get a high rank, and says "l2p". However, if there is say one hunter above 2500, but like 500 DK or disc priests or whatever the fotm is.. Then there's clearly more to it than "l2p", because honestly very few players perfect their class. It isn't fair for one class to get "much harder, but possible", when another class gets "easy, and very possible".

So: Holy needs a way to make up for this. Not an 'overhaul' or anything, but just a bit more love. Hopefully Blizz has some interesting ideas for how to accomplish this without just giving a baseline Circle of Holydin Healing.

One idea I kind of like: Suppose overheal has some kind of effect on the raid.. No idea about numbers or balance here, just musing.. Maybe when someone hits a target the holydin has JoL'd, they get a buff (which could be a replenishment-like HOT, too?). And then if a paladin overheals, the additional heal splits into say 5 bits and goes out to people in the raid with the JoL hot on them.

Again, I don't play a healer, and haven't pally healed since BC, but I think that sort of idea could be interesting. ;P