Thread: Leveling talk

Leveling talk

Hey,

Nobody will care, but meh, I got time to kill. I'm currently leveling my Priest with my sweetheart, a Prot Warrior. I was leveling Shadow. It was a pain. Before the massive nerf to mana regen, I was doing more than fine stacking spirit like mad. After the nerf, ouch. I was drinking every other monster. :S

Lucky for me, I was already 55 and the wife around 53 so it was not long before we moved to the Outlands. I decided to try another spec because she wanted to do large mobs and as Shadow, I couldn't effectively heal and I was drinking after each pull. I had the choice between Holy and Disc and since I started the Priest to be Disc at 70 (long time in the making), I specced Disc.

And man, is it fun or what?! PW:S is sssooo powerful, I can just shield her twice in the fight and have no heals to do. And Penance? It's cool looking, the healing is really powerful and the damage/mana is pretty good. I'm having a blast.

Aaaaand that was my story. Sorry, no QQ, just good things to say!
    Yeah? Well, too bad. I did it anyway.

Re: Leveling talk

Dont forget power infusion :P

Just made a priest and started leveling with a friend (RaF ,Warrior) and im never ever could have done it alone. I'm OOM before I got a mob dead myself, all I can do is cast some SW:Pain's and shield him while he tries to tank them. So I just wand shit

Is this fixable? As I see it now leveling a Priest is pretty much impossible, with having to drink every other mob.
    Any hints on how to accually level instead of having a Ice Cold Milk fest?

Thanks in advance and sorry about the partial thread ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaliho
    Just made a priest and started leveling with a friend (RaF ,Warrior) and im never ever could have done it alone. I'm OOM before I got a mob dead myself, all I can do is cast some SW:Pain's and shield him while he tries to tank them. So I just wand shit

Is this fixable? As I see it now leveling a Priest is pretty much impossible, with having to drink every other mob.
    Any hints on how to accually level instead of having a Ice Cold Milk fest?

Thanks in advance and sorry about the partial thread ninja
    YOUR WAND IS A VERY POWERFUL ATTACK. USE IT.

If you are lvling with a DPSer, you could spec Holy or Disc and do just fine DPSing/Healing. And yea, wand a lot I have actually lvld 4 Priests now, but never on my own, so not sure how to help there. I never had to drink, just healed my pewpew partner and watched my XP bar shoot up :P

all i can say is l2smite!

for more information look here:klick!
    The World of Warcraft is a game of much complexity, sometimes there's fire, and you have to not stand in it

xheouls guide to wow.

I leveled my priest as holy, it wasn't the fastest grind in the world but it I dun remember it being as crazy as you describe. My normal rotation was Holy Fire, SW:P, Smite, Shield then Wand the rest of the way (leave out whatever skills you may not have yet). However at lower levels I dun think mana management is very good for any class so you kinda just have to bare with it.

Healer + Tank combo leveling = Dream.
    Never have an issue finding groups.

For a leveling spec, I would go down holy till you get surge of light, taking the dps talents.
    Then move into the disc tree, you should be able to reach power infusion, altho will not be able to make penance (I think)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

just dont use sw: pain and devouring plague, they cost a shitload of mana and the mobs dont live that long anyways. first three points in spirit tap, after that down to surge of light and after that disc. get the glyph of smite and you WILL do a lot of dmg fast and never run oom. i never drank once i hit around 40. klick on the link above though, because i laid out the advantages of smiting there in more detail.
    The World of Warcraft is a game of much complexity, sometimes there's fire, and you have to not stand in it

xheouls guide to wow.

for shadow i did bubble, mind blast, SWP, mind flay (when you get it, just smite till you do), wand and it usually only took a few seconds wanding to get em dead. the bubble usually never runs out because they are slow to get to you. Mana regen with spirit tap kept it goin fast enough to not have to drink much at all.

I'm leveling a lvl 58 priest as Discipline right now, and its going pretty smooth with the Smite glyph and Holy Fire, but I was thinking about going shadow at 75 and trying out some AOE grinding with Mind Sear. How does this workout for efficiency and mana? Is it pretty viable for quick AOE leveling?

First, thanks for all your input. I'm sure every leveling Priest in here will get some precious pointers to ease the pain.

Second, an update on my adventures... So I still play with my Prot Warrior wife and I must stay I'm very impressed with ourselves. I feel like we've never been that strong. We have levelled quite a few characters together :

Her / Me
    Mage / Rogue
    Druid / Paladin
    Priest (Holy) / Warrior (Fury)
    Others I can't remember.

Even when she was the Priest and I was the Warrior, I've never felt our combo was as strong as it is now. We are now in Zangarmarsh and we just round up every mob we can find and AOE them down. We do every "WANTED" bosses in a heartbeat. We blaze through the content with SO MUCH ease, it's frightening.

My theory is that abilities are so tune to level 80 that it did not scale down as much as they were in the BC days. It feel like every abilities, including mitigation and damages, are scaled down to how much they should be at level 80 and the poor BC content can't keep upé

What are your feelings about this?

P.S.: I'm not complaining, it makes leveling easier! I just feel for the poor elites that once scared people.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Heretushi

My theory is that abilities are so tune to level 80 that it did not scale down as much as they were in the BC days. It feel like every abilities, including mitigation and damages, are scaled down to how much they should be at level 80 and the poor BC content can't keep upé

What are your feelings about this?

P.S.: I'm not complaining, it makes leveling easier! I just feel for the poor elites that once scared people.
    I have to agree with this. Currently I am levelling a Disc priest (level 67 atm) together with my boyfriend who is a warlock.
    He is affli spec and just dots and runs. while I trough a shield on him when needed and loot, that's all I do really while he kills everything with dots.
    No down time thanks to haunt, we really never stop.
    I have some friends at level 57 who cant even enter outland yet but are running non stop ramparts and blood furnace without any issues.

Imo, levelling had become TO easy. Because there is no challenge in anything while levelling any more it also becomes boring and tedious very fast.
    The best time i had with levelling was in vanilla wow on my rogue (and i hate vanilla wow cliché's as it wasn't as pink and fluffy as people make it seem to be).
    Level was a challenge, if I had to take a named mob down I had to find the right tactics for it.
    Sap one, blind the other then take the middle one first ect... it was great!
    now you just run in trough some random spells at it and win.

I also think this is what causes all the bad players you see these days. Its not because they are bad players them selfs but most are new to the game and don't learn how to play there class during the levelling process.

Sorry if I sound slightly vague, not enough sleep :P

I'm working on getting a priest to 80, currently 74. I leveled as shadow all the way to 72 before deciding to try out Disc. I love leveling as Disc. It's just as fast as shadow and I can heal instances as well.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...7zhul&n=Karppa There is my Armory. Normally I PW:S, HF, SW:P and then smite to death. I rarely drink between spirit tap and my shadow fiend.

15+ Year Old Account

I leveled my main (dwarf priest) to 60 back during vanilla (go go fear ward!).

I'd never level another priest =X

However, I do agree they need to address priest regen before hitting Northrend (or maybe even Outlands).
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Marydoll
    I also think this is what causes all the bad players you see these days. Its not because they are bad players them selfs but most are new to the game and don't learn how to play there class during the levelling process.
    I don't think I can agree with that. I play this game since forever (launch) and I've seen plenty of bad players. I think that what might contribute to the "bad player" base is that the game is appealing to every kind of players now and the leveling process is SO quick (not necessarly easy, but yes it's easy) that people get into the end game without getting to know the strategies.