Thread: Poor locks

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Poor locks

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Isabis

Re: Poor locks

So you have 20908 hp, the lock got a lucky streek. How many locks / priests / chamans / warriors have I instagibbed because I was lucky...

The guy just got lucky nothing to worth mentionning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Damn locks are lucky o.O
    When I get feared I get Immolate and then I die. Must be fear is bringing luck then.

Dispell Immolate before he can Conflagrate you. If you are feared, trinket and stun him. Two crits means low resil or he was lucky, but if you think you can be killed on the next hit you really should bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkent
    Damn locks are lucky o.O
    When I get feared I get Immolate and then I die. Must be fear is bringing luck then.
    You got double critted for, get moar resil, oh and bubble when you think you are going to die
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

This wasn't supposed to be serious post. :<
    Wanted to show how ppl are complaining about rets and on the other side locks and few more classes have retarded burst even more sick then rets burst...
    This could happen in arena anytime and there wouldn't be anything I could predict. I would die most probably and be like "LOL WTF?".

Deleted

This wasn't supposed to be serious post. :<
    Wanted to show how ppl are complaining about rets and on the other side locks and few more classes have retarded burst even more sick then rets burst...
    This could happen in arena anytime and there wouldn't be anything I could predict. I would die most probably and be like "LOL WTF?".
    Try playing a destrolock yourself; they can't take damage worth sh*t and the only CC they have is fear. Rogues especially are a complete pain in the arse, they'll just stunlock you, or if you get out of it they'll pop Cloak of Shadow and POOF, you can't do anything against them. Warlocks have burst only if you allow them to have it, and in your case you should have dispelled immolate.

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    Try playing a destrolock yourself; they can't take damage worth sh*t and the only CC they have is fear. Rogues especially are a complete pain in the arse, they'll just stunlock you, or if you get out of it they'll pop Cloak of Shadow and POOF, you can't do anything against them. Warlocks have burst only if you allow them to have it, and in your case you should have dispelled immolate.
    Agreed. However with a lock/rogue team they will try to tie you up long enough so cleansing becomes a serious chore.

We learned the hard way in 3's that you really can't afford to let a destro lock free cast as you can an affliction lock. That lock has to have some hard cc or be taken down early.

lol at "...only CC they have is fear".
    Anyways, about Immolate dispell thingie. I was feared before that and I used trinket. This was second fear that lasted 4secs. Yes I could have bubbled it but this is so damn funny how I died from 90%hp in one GCD.

I checked your armory--you're PvPing with 4 pieces of t7 on, of course you're going to get hit harder >_<

I'm sure you could do the exact same thing to a lock with 400 resilience if you open with a stun. The only difference is that us locks don't have the survivability to actually do arena with that little resilience.
    I'm your maker, not thy saviour.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    We learned the hard way in 3's that you really can't afford to let a destro lock free cast as you can an affliction lock. That lock has to have some hard cc or be taken down early.
    Indeed, every spec has its own deficiencies. Destro is weak and easy to lock down, just close the distance and he/she is dead meat. If you let him/her get some distance it's you who is dead. Can't say about the other two specs though, I've never played them.

Destro lock is not especially different from a fire mage, with the exception that locks don't have a superior pvp spec in another tree. The only other difference, which is sort of simultaneously major and minor, is that lock burst is a bit more controlled.

Critting that hard on a target in pvp makes me wonder where the resilience is. Does neither target have it? Or only have a little? I know I don't crit that hard in pvp very often.

Also, saying it's in "one gcd" is a little disingenuous. I see that Isabis had curse of elements and immolate both down. CoE+Immo+casted a 1.75(prolly) sec nuke+conf = A bit more than 3gcd worth of time start to end. How much damage can another burst spec do in 3 gcd?

And.. what's your partner doing? Destro is not exactly this powerhouse of unstoppable casting...

Not really trying to defend destro burst right now, but I really have to wonder what you're trying to argue here. I mean.. do you only want 1.5-2sec casts to exist? How are people supposed to do damage? Do you want more dots?

Destro -dps- is not excessive. How is destro burst excessive, when many other classes can pull similar dps, on similarly long-cast spells? Is Conflagrate the only problem here?

What I'm tired of is these oh-so-smart little rhetorical posts people keep making. What's your solution?

And for what it's worth, a thought: Maybe the waves destro is making are noticeable because so many people run low resilience. Now that someone's on the scene pushing some real burst, maybe it's time to re-evaluate that, melee.

Post wasn't anything serious, it was just sarcasm.
    Showing how locks cry about how they suck in pvp but actually they have more burst then famous ret paladins.
    And the lock who critted me wrote "NERF RETS" after he won duel to make it funny
    Damage happened in one GCD (chaos bolt landed at same time when conflagrate landed).
    It's my char.
    I had 525 resilience exactly when I got critted.
    It was a duel.
    I'm not trying to argue over anything. A funny picture, that's all.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo
    Critting that hard on a target in pvp makes me wonder where the resilience is. Does neither target have it? Or only have a little? I know I don't crit that hard in pvp very often.
    It was already clear the OP didn't have resilience. And it was duel, not arena.

Also, saying it's in "one gcd" is a little disingenuous. I see that Isabis had curse of elements and immolate both down. CoE+Immo+casted a 1.75(prolly) sec nuke+conf = A bit more than 3gcd worth of time start to end. How much damage can another burst spec do in 3 gcd?
    CoE = 1sec GCD, Immolate has 2s cast, that's 3 seconds gone, conflagrate is yet another GCD.. And with the conflagrate buff casting Chaos Bolt still does take about 1.8 seconds or something (2.5s normal cast). So that'd actually be about 5.8 seconds. It sure as heck isn't one GCD. Sure, destro can do A LOT of damage on targets with no resilience... but so can mages, ret paladins, rogues... what's the difference?

lol at "...only CC they have is fear".
    Anyways, about Immolate dispell thingie. I was feared before that and I used trinket. This was second fear that lasted 4secs. Yes I could have bubbled it but this is so damn funny how I died from 90%hp in one GCD.
    it's three GCD's, and the chance of this happening in a real scenario are about.... 1/50
    it's really not funny either... if you think it's funny, you need to try to play a destro lock.
    because i can honestly say that I have played an 80 retardin, and wow, EZMODE!
    pathetic post is pathetic.
    War doesn't decide who's right, It decides who's left.
    FOR PONY!!!

Guess you don't even read what I write...
    It all comes to the lock QQ on the end, fail community is fail.

You damn scrub.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

and the only CC they have is fear.
    Fear #no.1= 9 seconds
    Fear #no.2= 6 seconds
    Fear #no.3= 3 seconds
    Death coil (3 seconds) and after a bit all over again, that makes it what? 26 seconds of constant Fears? that it doesnt even stuns you or makes you incapecated, but you run all over the place, that means away from the warlock and/or away from your partener that is trying to heal you or he needs something from you that you will be too far away when you get out of fear. It is ONE of the TWO spamable crowd controls in pvp and it can have almost no diminishing returns for one time, the other one is sheep, that can be easily dispelled, and dont tell me that Fear can be despelled too, with all those magic effects from the warlock and if he is amfliction with the nice unstable ampfliction on you.
    And dont forget Succubus..

Now tell me, he has only One CC? ask for more, blizzard will surelly give you one or two more. Since i saw this blue post. --> http://blue.mmo-champion.com/28/1736...ks-in-pvp.html

Wow a lock beat you and you had to go and make a thread about it.

Learn to faceroll plz.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=4987

Use it.

???

Win.