Thread: Holyform

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Holyform

In my mind, I imagine this being a sweet talent similar to Shadowform but for holy obviously. Does anyone else wish we had something like this too? And if not, why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

Re: Holyform

isn't you normal form just holy form ?
    What would be the point ?
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

I'm not even a priest and i think it would be cool for you guys to have.
    Ya dangus

Been suggested dozens of times before, and it is never going to happen, sorry.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Been suggested dozens of times before, and it is never going to happen, sorry.
    Well dang I missed them. I guess it's because its just too similar to shadowform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

And what would Holyform do? You're competant healers enough, you really don't need it. If it's just a graphic effect you want then that's silly and pointless. This game isn't about that.

Yea, to hell with having things for fun in a game!

(I don't disagree it's a pointless idea :P)

This will not happen just because they do not want another class having stances/auras/presences. And then discipline would be screwed, or would there be a disc stance?

Well, priests are not based around shifting forms. Also, in order to put in holy form with an actual effect like +10% healing, they would have to change other talents to nerf Holys healing by that amount or else it would be completely overpowered. So basically best case scenario, you would be exactly where you are now but with a different button you get to press once every time you die to shift into Holy Form.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Church form!
    ˙spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ʎɯ ןןɐ ʎɐןd ı

Forms/stances are there for one reason: to limit your choices, and to prevent you from being overpowered.

A priest in shadowform cannot cast holy spells. That's barring the priest from half of the potential of the class! A major downside, but instead offering the ability to do pretty much what a warlock can do. Except for the pets. And good fears. And the good dots ... frankly, why anyone would want to be a shadowpriest when the perfect alternative is called warlock is beyond me, but I guess I'm breaking some sacriledge here by saying that.

Ayway, back on topic.

A holyform would not improve your healing ability. Priests are built to be baseline healers. We can heal pretty well without talents all the way up to outland, it's only there healing talents are needed. A shadowpriest at lvl 80 dropping shadowform can get off quite a few heals and save the day, and while he cannot do it for long, lots of heroics has been saved this way.

If we were given a holyform, the only thing that could happen was that our baseline heals got weaker or more expensive, and the holyform compensated for this. Effectively we gained nothing, and shadowpriests/discpriests lost a lot.

A holyform being the antithesis to the shadowform would effectively prevent us casting shadow spells. Say good bye to fade. Say goodbye to the shadowfiend. Say goodbye to the odd SW:Pain. Say goodbye to half your class abilities.

And for what? No gain! A form that you would tire of in a very short while. A form which has all the issues druids complain about.

No, you can't be overpowered. If you get a talent tomorrow giving you 50% FSR regen while casting, you can be damned sure that all your spells are excessively expensive, making that talent mandatory. That's meditation in a nutshell. If you get a talent increasing healing done on the raid by 2%, then suddenly all bosses will do 2% more damage, making that talent mandatory. Sounds familiar? If you get an awesome talent saving lives every minute, you can be damned sure that many bosses will kill the tank every minute, making that talent mandatory. The game is balanced against what the classes bring. No matter what, you cannot beat the game in that aspect.

So please don't ask for limitations. you might just get them.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

I don't know to say

"New idea is new"
    or
    "Old idea is old"

Please if anyone can help please let me know. Also help on if to include ! or possibly even !!1! or go to the extreme !!1!!One-Hundred and Eleven!!1!

Thank you for your help.

Deleted

Don't forget a Discform while you're at it...

Deleted

it was made, and added to the game..

but its druids who got it

called tree of life

Quote Originally Posted by Nioxic
    it was made, and added to the game..

called Spirit of Redemption
    fixd'

there was a holyform back in bc on sunwell priests .. those packs before kalecgos

but i cant recall specifics there ^^ i think it was +50% heal and holy damage
    Many class changes. You won't like the ones made to your own class but you'll think the changes made to the 9 other classes are all overpowered. Tigole

Just no.

Thats a good idea what about:

Holy Form

Increases healing done by 5% and increases haste rating by 5%. You cannot use shadow spells while in Holy Form. All healing critical chance have 20% chance to cast a clearcasting.

something about that what do you think of it?
    Banned.

Too much purplez lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    Likely the next time they do class revisions they will give each tree a form like that, but knowing blizzard it wont be till the next expansion. Likely it would be +15% to holy spell healing and holy spell damage.
    If they were to do that i think the resto druid community would be up in arms. Their "holy form" only increase healing slightly and completely locks them out of their damage abilities. Until recently that form also made them more vulnerable in pvp due to the snare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :