Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

mana burn cooldown

put 8 sec cd on mana burn or make it cost insane mana %20-25 of priest's mana.it must be a skill to nuke healer when he/she is almost oom.it shouldnt be spell to make %100 of victims mana to %0 .Drain mana is effected by resillience its ok the problem is mana burn.
    ty
    I Dont Read the signature rules

Re: mana burn cooldown

Quote Originally Posted by masta
    put 8 sec cd on mana burn or make it cost insane mana %20-25 of priest's mana.it must be a skill to nuke healer when he/she is almost oom.it shouldnt be spell to make %100 of victims mana to %0 .Drain mana is effected by resillience its ok the problem is mana burn.
    ty
    Also mana burn is affected by resilience.

your an idiot good sir. why would a preist ever cast mana burn then? it is barely even worth casting atm as it is costs almost as much mana to use as it takes

15+ Year Old Account

I also heard about something named LoS but then I seen OP's signature and decided not to feed him anymore

ty
    Done, I implemented it in the game, thanks for the reasonable suggestion - it is going live on maintenance. Anything else I might do for you?

ty

Soo let me get this right... Let it cost 25% mana, let it drain 10% (minus whatever resilience you got) = Profit ???

and btw

MANA BURN IS AFFECTED BY RESILIENCE
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

If we can get Manaburn back to a fixed amount then sure, give it a cooldown. The whole idea of the spell burning a percentage of mana and that it is affected by resillience is just downright retarded because you burn yourself nowadays.

Deleted

ty
    To make someone go from 100% to 0% it will take about 15 manaburns, which is about ~30 sec of casting time with no LoS and it costs 8115 mana for the priest. If anything they should have lowered the mana cost when they reduced the mana burnt. Unlike your mana drain, mana burn actually costs alot of mana to cast and doesn't give it back.

stop responding to the troll, move along nothing to see here.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

bigbob

ty
    im guessing your a pally who still goes deep holy because there the
    only healers who actually complain about it now
    it is usless on druids, shammys and prot pally healers
    the only healer it is usally good against is another priest
    and with the high mana cost off no really use it
    unless there are sucky people like you who dont know how
    to keep mana.

Stupid QQ noob

Leave Mana Burn alone so I can get you easy OOM.

Quit WoW and shut up!
    Banned.

why all you r so angry , i guess you all know its already op
    enjoy spamming it , there will be a cd like 6-10 seconds with upcoming fixes.

15+ Year Old Account

You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by Berner
    To make someone go from 100% to 0% it will take about 15 manaburns, which is about ~30 sec of casting time with no LoS and it costs 8115 mana for the priest. If anything they should have lowered the mana cost when they reduced the mana burnt. Unlike your mana drain, mana burn actually costs alot of mana to cast and doesn't give it back.

Your a tard if you believe this is true, it takes all of 8 to OOM a paladin with 3-4k more mana than you. You have to take into account the opposing player is healing while you are burning. And its almost impossible to los mana burns cuz most priests use their 30sec cd fear to move you out and while going back to safety of Los you get burned 2-3 times

I agree with a cd on Mana burn but not 8 secs, 2-3 would do they trick...the make it cost an insane amount of mana would be nice but thats very unreasonable...though on of my priest friends can oom 3 healers on a 5v5 team before he goes oom..

As far as Mana burn being affected by resilence, it is already mitigated by it but by a very marginal amount that makes little to no affect at all

Priest that dont think being able to do the most damage out of all the other healing classes, being able to spam mana burn and call it skill are very very naive....If your a priest and recognize its true more power to ya, all those that continue to deny it, i laugh at the day they make mana burn less effective and your crutch of skill is taken from u

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ddawg
    I agree with a cd on Mana burn but not 8 secs, 2-3 would do they trick...the make it cost an insane amount of mana would be nice but thats very unreasonable...though on of my priest friends can oom 3 healers on a 5v5 team before he goes oom..
    I don't know what you smoked, but that was definitely some bad shit, if you believe what you wrote there.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

bigbob

why all you r so angry , i guess you all know its already op
    enjoy spamming it , there will be a cd like 6-10 seconds with upcoming fixes.
    does anyone else beside me not care if it is put on a short cooldown
    because i rarly use it but you must not be very good if you let the priest
    mana burn you unless your a ret pally/enhance shammy just stay at max range and near a pillar
    to make him lose los and no priest is going to spend alot of time trying to mana
    burn you since the nerf its not worth it so they wont chase you

i have one question what class are you ??????????

Quote Originally Posted by bigbob

i have one question what class are you ??????????
    priest

Whenever someone says "i have a friend who" they mean imaginary friend

DUHHHHHHH

Your a tard if you believe this is true, it takes all of 8 to OOM a paladin with 3-4k more mana than you. You have to take into account the opposing player is healing while you are burning. And its almost impossible to los mana burns cuz most priests use their 30sec cd fear to move you out and while going back to safety of Los you get burned 2-3 times

As far as Mana burn being affected by resilence, it is already mitigated by it but by a very marginal amount that makes little to no affect at all

Priest that dont think being able to do the most damage out of all the other healing classes, being able to spam mana burn and call it skill are very very naive....If your a priest and recognize its true more power to ya, all those that continue to deny it, i laugh at the day they make mana burn less effective and your crutch of skill is taken from u
    At around 900 Resilience, Mana Burn is reduced by ~24%, that's quite far from marginal.

But truthfully, Mana Burn with a cooldown wouldn't be too big of an issue as it's rarely used beyond jabbing a Priest, Shaman or a non-Prot Pally standing in LoS for a long duration of time. When it's time to finish the fight, you'll see me dropping Smites instead of Mana Burn.

And I thought our crutch was Penance. I guess I'm behind the times.

who cares what class whatever is op stays op.

if i were playing a priest id prefer a manaburn with cd but burns a little bit higher to nuke a healer when he/she is almost oom.Priests are spamming manaburn with priest rogue setup at 2w2.Rogue already ccs dps and healer of the opposing team is responsible to heal his teammate while under insane rogue dmgs.Only thing a priest is doing there thorowing a few heals to rogue and spamming mana burn

priests are abusing opness of mana burn specially at 3w3 setups 1 dps 1 healer 1 mana burner setups are examples of this retarded stiuation.

its a endless stun fear etc for healers and warlocks ( warlocks cant regenerate mana as good as other classes they need to life tap to get mana )

:'(