Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: mana burn cooldown

Quote Originally Posted by masta
    ( warlocks cant regenerate mana as good as other classes they need to life tap to get mana )
    lol? with a healer a warlock will constantly have mana, stop being bad.

My mana burn for your innervate. Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    I don't know what you smoked, but that was definitely some bad shit, if you believe what you wrote there.
    sadly i have seen it with my own eyes, i believe you are naive to believe its not possible...My priest friend admits he is OP, can you?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ddawg
    sadly i have seen it with my own eyes, i believe you are naive to believe its not possible...My priest friend admits he is OP, can you?
    I have seen with my own eyes, a Druid with 30k health, 30k mana, who cycloned an enemy for over 1 minute.

Just saying "I've seen it" doesn't make it true, especially if it is simply not possible through math.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I agree with a cd on Mana burn but not 8 secs, 2-3 would do they trick...the make it cost an insane amount of mana would be nice but thats very unreasonable...though on of my priest friends can oom 3 healers on a 5v5 team before he goes oom..

Are you sure your "friend" wasn't looking at the Warriors Rage bar?

mana burn affected by resilience....troll post
    Lightwell! It's gewd!

Quote Originally Posted by Sellest
    I also heard about something named LoS but then I seen OP's signature and decided not to feed him anymore
    I'm not 100% sure, but isn't this you about 5 posts down on the first page?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=62666.0

The only thing worse than a troll, is a hypocritical one.

And while my dislike for you grows with every post you make, the point you try to make about LoS is a valid one. Granted I don't PVP much lately, let alone in higher brackets, but I think a good priest strikes a balance between Mana Burn and healing. Having to heal is kind of Mana Burn's "soft cooldown".

When I did 2s with a priest, we probably lost more games to him zoning out trying to oom the other team's healer than we won.

Mana burns max is hard capped at 10% of your targets Max Mana. This sets what its "base" mana burn will be. So if you have 10,000 mana a mana burn will hit you for 1k mana.

This is before resilience, a capped resilience will lessen it by 25%. Meaning that at most a mana burn will hit a resilienced caster for 7.5% of his/her mana. Mana Burn can be talented to a 2s cast. So without haste and without the opponent casting a spell, and with no resists it takes 26 seconds of completely uninterrupted casting from the priest to OOM someone. It will also cost the priest 7200 mana (if no resists).

If mana burn was given a cooldown, it would probably be given a buff as well to justify the cooldown (either in cast time, or mana cost for the priest) which would in turn simply make it a much more powerful spell, as most of the time it is cast once in a healing rotation when health is fine, and not spammed.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

put 8 sec cd on mana burn or make it cost insane mana %20-25 of priest's mana.it must be a skill to nuke healer when he/she is almost oom.it shouldnt be spell to make %100 of victims mana to %0 .Drain mana is effected by resillience its ok the problem is mana burn.
    ty
    It's your fault he can mana burn you, moron.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

mana burn takes up to 10 percnet its affected by resilience so normally around 8 percent costs a fair amount of mana and BREAKS FEAR. you are not getting burned 3 times in a fear. stupid liar troll.

i dont see it reduces amount of mana burned text here . Do we play different games? im talking about resillience of wow which reduces dmgs of periodic strikes , chance to be crited , amount of crit dmgs and mana drained by warlock mana drain skill.I dont see any explanation for mana burned here.

ofcourse dmg of mana burn effected by resillence even a moron with 45 IQ understands it and he/she understands resillience has no effect to protect your mana against mana burn.

I Dont Read the signature rules

You prolly should go and check your iq if you think that they made ressilience affect mana drains for only warlocks rofl. It works on all skills that have the effect of draining mana.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk
    why would a preist ever cast mana burn then? it is barely even worth casting atm as it is costs almost as much mana to use as it takes

First off, the OP is silly. But for this, if the priest is getting off mana burns, it probably means he doesnt have to heal his partner at that time, so if you're doing damage while burning his mana, he obviously has to try and heal while his mana is already being taken away. So his mana will go down much faster than the priests, which is the point of mana burn.

put 8 sec cd on mana burn or make it cost insane mana %20-25 of priest's mana.it must be a skill to nuke healer when he/she is almost oom.it shouldnt be spell to make %100 of victims mana to %0 .Drain mana is effected by resillience its ok the problem is mana burn.
    ty
    Alright, in exchange then make Mana Burn restore 100% of the mana it burns to the Priest, and be instant cast, and we have a deal. Since we are asking for completely stupid things.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

i dont see it reduces amount of mana burned text here . Do we play different games? im talking about resillience of wow which reduces dmgs of periodic strikes , chance to be crited , amount of crit dmgs and mana drained by warlock mana drain skill.I dont see any explanation for mana burned here.

ofcourse dmg of mana burn effected by resillence even a moron with 45 IQ understands it and he/she understands resillience has no effect to protect your mana against mana burn.

Observe the text "Reduces the effect of MANA-DRAINS" . It does not say "Reduces the effect of the Warlock class spell named "mana drain". What have we learned? That S makes a difference. And that mana burn drains your mana, therefore catagorized as a DRAIN spell, not a burn spell.

i dont see it reduces amount of mana burned text here
    . Do we play different games? im talking about resillience of wow which reduces dmgs of periodic strikes , chance to be crited , amount of crit dmgs and mana drained by warlock mana drain skill.I dont see any explanation for mana burned here.

Reading comprehension is hard, apparently.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk
    mana burn takes up to 10 percnet its affected by resilience so normally around 8 percent costs a fair amount of mana and BREAKS FEAR. you are not getting burned 3 times in a fear. stupid liar troll.
    ...you need to think a little harder

step 1: preist fears you out of your safe cuby hole of protection
    step2: preist Mana burns you and breaks your fear
    Step3: you attempt to get back to you cuby hole of protection, while priest mana burns you (thats 2)
    step4: Depending on ur class, you may have had to stop to cast OR the fear put you really far away from your cuby hole....THE priest mana burns you(thats 3 easy burns)

And for some reason priest seem to leave out Power Infusion while calculating the time to burn a target

15+ Year Old Account

...you need to think a little harder

step 1: preist fears you out of your safe cuby hole of protection
    step2: preist Mana burns you and breaks your fear
    Step3: you attempt to get back to you cuby hole of protection, while priest mana burns you (thats 2)
    step4: Depending on ur class, you may have had to stop to cast OR the fear put you really far away from your cuby hole....THE priest mana burns you(thats 3 easy burns)

And for some reason priest seem to leave out Power Infusion while calculating the time to burn a target
    And exactly what is your partner doing while the priest does all this UNHINDERED?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Having fun dealin with the rogue or ret paladin that all priest seem to run with...ret pallies are easier to handle, but the point is mana burn is a crutch for bad priest and good priest dont run out and abuse it. Ill assume your the latter for shits and giggles

Perhaps you should try doing something instead of standing there, motionless, allowing the priest to run all the way over to you. Oh, and try not running back to the exact same spot you just got feared out of and where the priest is still standing.