Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    bigbob

Re: mana burn cooldown

Ok you said you play a priest and since mana burn is a priest
    move why do you want it nerfed just because a another priest
    can mana burn you amd you cant do it to him just means your bad.
    and why make a class you obviously not very good at worse ?

It's already nerfed to hell, lol

Quote Originally Posted by shizno
    Observe the text "Reduces the effect of MANA-DRAINS" . It does not say "Reduces the effect of the Warlock class spell named "mana drain". What have we learned? That S makes a difference. And that mana burn drains your mana, therefore catagorized as a DRAIN spell, not a burn spell.
    reduces effects of MANA-DRAINS! including all classes who can DRAIN mana ! which classes can drain mana ? Warlock !

mana burn is not a drain effect it doesnt steal mana from target it BURNS mana
    I Dont Read the signature rules

Quote Originally Posted by masta
    reduces effects of MANA-DRAINS! including all classes who can DRAIN mana ! which classes can drain mana ? Warlock !

mana burn is not a drain effect it doesnt steal mana from target it BURNS mana
    Wrong.

Just to clarify, you are wrong in a couple of ways. First of all, Viper Sting, the Hunter skill, also "drains" mana. Also, Mana Burn used to say "drains" but they changed the tooltip to clarify that the Priest is not gaining the mana that is burned.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Sounds to me the OP is just bad at PvP... You can counter Mana Burn in a number of ways..

1. Is to LOS the cast... occasionally i've had some arena matches where Paladins just stand still in the open and let me mana burn them to oom... then after we win the match I tell my partner how noob the Paladin was. In other matches the Paladin runs around, sure it reduces his HPS throughput but funnily enough he doesn't go oom and it's 100% harder to win the match.

2. Interrupt Mana Burn, it's a 2 second cast (talented) and most Disc Priests don't have a significant amount haste. 1.8sec is about the best you're going to see, so it's vulnerable to being interrupted. Sure this has the effect of allowing the priest to heal but if you're losing your mana all the time you might wanna try stopping the cast.

3. Pressure the priest, the priest can't stand still and cast a 2 second spell to mana burn someone if he's being beaten on. If you're spending all your time on their partner and just leaving the priest to Mana Burn it's just a bad tactic. Pressure the priest, don't leave him free to cast anything but healing spells on himself.

Seriously, there are some teams where you just mana burn them to death and PvP feels very easy. And then you come up with teams that don't let you cast a single mana burn... I suggest you learn how to be one of those teams.