Page 1 of 2
LastLast

what kind of effective hps do you discs put out

Just wondering what kind of effective heals other discs put out since i never get to raid with another one. I hit over 4k for a short kolgram fight and maintain 3.7k on a longer hodir or mimiron fight with really high spikes.

Re: what kind of effective hps do you discs put out

anyone?

Disc priests are not about big heals and high hps.

Pointless topic.

You should actually have lower than that. More shields.

Of course other healers are doing 7-9k on those...so maybe that's about right.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

wws to a healer doing 9k hps for an extended fight. also if your not throwing raid sheilds in anticipation of raid dmg or in reaction to dmg on say kongram grip or ignis pot, constrictor tentacle you arent doing it right. also when i get 4p t8 a shield every 5 secs is almost mandatory...dam you war hunter shaman gear that we have had to de because all of these people have off set stuff already cuz it drops so much

tbh disc priests really need a bit of update on the combat log (or combat events). It really sucks that it's not explicitly determinable where an absorb comes from. I'd really love seeing parses of true absorbs + heals...
    Correlation does not imply causation.

world of logs does a pretty decent job. if you wanna check a parse google it go dragonmaw us theforsaken and im forgottoheal seems to be pretty accurate although but i dont believe it counts are renewed hope oh well would be op i guess?

yeah i just checked a parse of a top guild on my server doing hodir hard running with 4 healers in 25 man and no one was above 4500 for the fight. same with mimi for 25 cept they used 5 healers for normal mode. so with that amount of healing available are you saying you run 25 mimi with 2 heals???? or does you guild all stand in the fire? or are you talking about 30 sec spurts of lots of heals in that case on kolgram i do tremendous spikes during frozen blows or mimi p2, ignis zerg mode etc

Too dependent on what you're healing and how many heals are in raid. We usually go healer heavy to compensate for some high latency or slow reaction heals so usually about 700 to 2800 is the highest I'll see. Average is probably around 1400.

This is healing only, not guessed absorbs.

15+ Year Old Account

hello forgottoheal

as disc i have never worried about my hps - all it will do (if anything) is make you spam flash heal more than you need to in order to raise it. as long as people arent dying you're doing your job

<3 kyre
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

i dont spam flash only use it when i am assisting are pallie on tank in 25 or tank healing in 10 effective heals come mostly from pw s and glyph. if you are not using a parser to tell you what your absorbs are for a fight you are just relying on the disc doesnt do a lot of hps excuse... recount should build in an accurate effective hps meter instead of the inaccurate guess absorbs addon to it.

15+ Year Old Account

i have never once seen my HPS except on kil'jaeden the night we killed him. it has never bothered me nor ever been an issue. disc isnt there as an hps class. yes, it can do about equal hps to other priests, but it isnt designed to do that. disc is there to add ~11-12k health to a tank every 15 seconds and 2-3k all the other time (assuming you are tank healing and not spot/OT/raid healing)
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

There are way too many variables to say a certain class should do a certain amount of hps. Like you said, someone could stand in the fire and could make my wws look really good lol. It's all about who else you're running with, how they play, what class they are, what gear they have, and probably a bunch of other stuff.

But really, absorption is about ~40-50% of my "healing" so...hps isn't too high, unless I PI+PoH spam in certain situations lol.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Deleted

I run with a restodruid and restoshaman as my fellow healers.

Usually my hps ranges from 1k to 3k with normal healing + absorption, and I'm also lowest on hps compared to the other healers, would be pretty shabby if I was above them.

But fights like Loatheb they go dps and I do prayer of healing on both groups which is enough to top people off and then i'm at 5 - 6k hps, mostly because the only spell I use there is prayer of healing and shielding doesnt really help, only to get the 25% hastebuff.

But as others have pointed out hps for a discpriest doesnt matter as long as they know their roles. And if your other healers are below the discpriest wih regular healing then they need to be checked at.

Look at hardmode Iron Council logs for big hps, especially from Holy Priests/Resto Druids. Healers can top 9k hps here for an extended fight for whoever was asking although it's not common now that most guilds have learned better phase 2/3 positioning.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    ...and shielding doesnt really help, only to get the 25% hastebuff.
    i hope you are shielding the tank at least...=)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    hello forgottoheal

as disc i have never worried about my hps - all it will do (if anything) is make you spam flash heal more than you need to in order to raise it. as long as people arent dying you're doing your job

<3 kyre
    Thats all that should matter for anybody

Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk
    yeah i just checked a parse of a top guild on my server doing hodir hard running with 4 healers in 25 man and no one was above 4500 for the fight. same with mimi for 25 cept they used 5 healers for normal mode. so with that amount of healing available are you saying you run 25 mimi with 2 heals???? or does you guild all stand in the fire? or are you talking about 30 sec spurts of lots of heals in that case on kolgram i do tremendous spikes during frozen blows or mimi p2, ignis zerg mode etc
    (sorry quoted u cause u had a good example)

Yes because good healers don't spam. You don't need extremely high HPS to keep a raid up, not as discipline or as holy. Ofc there are encounters that requires specific moment of high HPS such as mimiron hard mode phase 2 and 4, IC hard mode phase 3, XT hard mode during tantrum, Freya + 3 after ground tremor and more (refering to 25m's), I haven't met a encounter yet that requires a priest - in any spec, constant spamboting, but giving the high HPS at the moment needed. I actually find it a poor gamestyle (to spam when its not even needed).

High HPS when it's not needed translates into overhealing. Yes mana isn't a problem on none-hard modes so who cares about overhealing, at the same time who cares about HPS? if someone dies and you wipe constantly cause of it then thats the only time people check the heal meter (except the heal meter freaks that play with it open), and usually it says absoloutly nothing (such as GhostCrawler example afew days ago), and people end up runing and checking the combat log of those ones that died (or ask "how did you die?!"). This ofc refering to people that don't play casualy and manage to kill hard modes in 25m's and some hard modes in 10m's (since most hard modes in 10m are not really hard, well all but just my opinion).

If numbers matter, this week's freya's + 3 i had 5.9k HPS (<-- ROFL Hps as discipline) (the log counts the amount damage absorded by sheilds and divine ageis and calls it HPS but its not really HEAL PER SECOND now is it?!), i wouldn't call it HPS since - mitigation isn't exactly the same as healing, and usually has a much higher value then the actual healing the discipline priest does. So if i'll count it properly i got around 1.4 - 1.5k Heal per second, and the rest is Mitigation per second. i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkita
    (sorry quoted u cause u had a good example)If numbers matter, this week's freya's + 3 i had 5.9k HPS (<-- ROFL Hps as discipline) (the log counts the amount damage absorded by sheilds and divine ageis and calls it HPS but its not really HEAL PER SECOND now is it?!), i wouldn't call it HPS since - mitigation isn't exactly the same as healing, and usually has a much higher value then the actual healing the discipline priest does. So if i'll count it properly i got around 1.4 - 1.5k Heal per second, and the rest is Mitigation per second. i guess.
    I totally agree that absorbed damage shouldn't count towards healing, even if it makes it harder to understand the power of the disc priest.

But as example as disc priest I did most effective "healing + absorbance" on General Vezax where 44% was absorbance. Because of the nature of the fight, overhealing should be less than on other bosses but for disc priests, overhealing will result in extra absorbance. And this overhealing is less than on other encounters so the percentage absorbed as a MT healer should be higher on average.

But all in all, I'd say the healing:absorbance ratio should be around 60:40 as a MT healer. Maybe this sounds as a contradiction, but PoM heals for a lot on most fights where melee DPS get hit too.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nesco
    But all in all, I'd say the healing:absorbance ratio should be around 60:40 as a MT healer. Maybe this sounds as a contradiction, but PoM heals for a lot on most fights where melee DPS get hit too.
    The healing:Absorb ratio should be much closer than that. Even as a MT healer you should consistently rolling shields on members of the raid to minimise incoming damage. If you're not having close to 100% RH uptime then you're also not utilising BT as much as you should be.