Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Idea for new Ret talent

Quote Originally Posted by Ake
    Alright, so you're stating that you got outplayed badly... yet hes at what 60% at this point... and you're bubbled getting fully healed waiting for cds. how's it fair to have to kill you twice.. when you have equal CC and higher burst than any other class, with great survivability + heals.

No lie, my druid partner had full hots, we were at the 2100 rating... and my partner died from full life, with lifebloom proccing, during a HOJ... even if it's lucky crits.. it happens a lot, to a lot of people. stop trying to ask for paladin buffs, when i see ret paladins keyboard turning in the 2k+ ratings.
    a) Yes, I state it again: I got outplayed. More clearly: I completely messed up. Other than that: You didn't get a single word I said, otherwise you wouldn't say something about "equal CC" if my loss clearly came from a snare or other form of CC thrown at me every other cooldown while my mistake was to feck up my second (and last) CC.

Moreover, I got that (very well played!) Mage down to 70% (not 60%!), have been at 50% myself at the time, and didn't do any damage for the complete duration of my Divine Shield. Had I used it offensively the Mage would have without a doubt, sat it out in an Ice Block, waiting for his own cooldowns. Again, nothing about "killing me twice" - in fact that argument is as old and outdated as lvl 60 PvP.

This is not saying "nerf Mages" - by no means. It's just an example for how OP Ret can be against players with little to no experience or gear (in my example: Mages stupid enough to blink away from a Paladin). However, as soon as you meet opponents that really know what they are doing, the scarieness of Ret Paladins mysteriously dissappears.

b) Your example of a Resto Druid dying to a Ret Paladin within one HoJ (6 sec.) with full HoTs up and a Lifebloom-Proc actually happening while stunnend can't be any farther away from reality. That's just not happening unless the Druid is significantly undergeared and the Paladin is in all PvE-gear.
    After reading your post I loggend on for a reality-check of what I wanted to answer and had a friend of mine duel me. He's only "part time resto 4 fun" and his (buffed!) stats were: 17k HP, 1.1k SP, 12k Armor in ToL, 283 resilience. Clearly, his Resto-gear sucks badly. My stats (again, selfbuffed) were: 4.5k AP, 31% Crit, PvP Hitcapped, 7% ArPen and enough haste to get my weapon speed to 3.01 (guaranteeing 2 weapon swings + Seal before HoJ wore off), wielding Inevitable Defeat.
    I had him pre-Hot himself with Regrowth, Rejuvenation and a single Lifebloom set to proc during my stun (no stacking!) before I started attacking with Seal of Blood and Avenging Wrath ("the Wings") active. In my best attempt I got him very close to death - 21% - and my Hammer of Wrath would have certainly scored the kill due to 2T8-Setbonus. Hovever, I never ever got him that low before he could Swiftmend or NS-Healing Touch. Out of 10 Tries that was the only one below 30% and regularly the Swiftmend after HoJ wore off brought him back to full.
    Now, I know that there is a lot to be desired about my Ret-gear and that you could assume Full-Time Rets to have another 500-1000 AP, some more crit and so on. But, on the other hand, when talking about 2.1k ratings your Druid mate will certainly be way above 17k HP and 1.1k SP himself.

So please - stop inventing unrealistic situations to make a case against Ret Paladins when they are so damn easy to be falsified by example, since as your point clearly seems to be that every single scrub can play Ret (and again assuming that I am such a scrub) I can hardly have made any mistakes by pressing 1,2,3 on my keyboard during that test.

Re: Idea for new Ret talent

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte
    More class homo
    CHeer.
    sigh.
    be creative??
    My creativity is in the form of it not being a stun, but instead being a root. My idea is actually the same as the OP's idea, with the added bonus of it putting you near them instead of silencing them. It's a gap closer, don't complain that this proposed gap closer isn't unique enough.