Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tired of Dual Spec wiping off raid buffs

Any pally in a raid knows exactly what I'm talking about here; you just buffed the raid when you're asked to switch specs for the fight, so you switch specs. First of all you get the same treatment as every other class and go to 0 mana. But then you suddenly get 20 whisper spams "hey wtf kings me already noob" as suddenly your dual spec swap has wiped all the buffs you just threw. So that was a waste of 10 silver or w/e but mostly it's a huge freakin waste of time. Not only do I have to rebuff every class, I have to drink first to do so (possibly twice if you just switched to tank or ret).

Are pallys the only class with this pain in the ass buff wipe or do other classes get this as well? I get that you need to make so my Blessing of Sanctuary doesn't stay up if I switch specs, or that my Improved blessing of X is no longer improved, but what about the stuff that stays the same between both specs like non-talented wisdom or kings?!

Also it wipes our aura when we switch specs. And by the way, still waiting on auras persisting through death...

Re: Tired of Dual Spec wiping off raid buffs

How about you teleport to a capital city everytime you want to respec then, that'll surely be less anoying and will save you A LOT of time!

/sarcasm off
    Gtfo, scrub.

Its annoying, but if you're getting QQed at after being asked to change spec just tell them to gtfo, its not hard to pay attention to vent/raid or w/e and understand that PALLY CHANGE SPEC MEAN BUFF GO BYE LOL

The mana to 0 thing is kinda fail considering the non mana users get literally no negative effects, but its still better than the city respec

If you think this is QQ about dual spec, you're dead wrong. Dual spec = best thing since sliced bread. The QQ is about the time it wastes for pallys specifically to have to rebuff the group while other classes' buffs still stay active when they switch (or I could be wrong about this, in which case you should correct me).

Next time you're in a raid, after you down the last boss for the night, leave the raid and look how many buffs you lose, thats what gets removed when specs are switched

Quote Originally Posted by Brophius
    If you think this is QQ about dual spec, you're dead wrong. Dual spec = best thing since sliced bread. The QQ is about the time it wastes for pallys specifically to have to rebuff the group while other classes' buffs still stay active when they switch (or I could be wrong about this, in which case you should correct me).

Yes, other classes buffs drop off when they respec. I seriously hope you don't think blizzard hates paladins and wants to make them suffer.

They have to wipe the buffs otherwise people would be able to swap specs for buff insanity.

I admit it can be annoying, though its better than the alternative. Having to spec into the 'buff spec' and swap every time your raid buffs before a boss. It would be nice if they could check what talents actually change between specs though, and only remove those that change. Still, I havent run into the problem that much.

Well, it's somehow annoying yes. But but but.. it's much better to be like this rather than Respeccing in cities and paying shitloads of golds on respeccing and your raid fails afterwards.

Plus, me myself didn't try it cause I played a Paladin in TBC.. but have you played a Paladin in Vanilla? when there were no greater blessings and the blessing expires in 5 mins? At then you can start moaning and whinning cause buffing 40 players with 5 mins blessings was gay, uber gay.

Made by myself while I'm bored..

I still don't understand the part where switching specs resets your mana, anyone wanna shed some light on why that needs to happen?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nightseye
    I still don't understand the part where switching specs resets your mana, anyone wanna shed some light on why that needs to happen?
    Blizzard does not want you to go shadowpriest on a trashpull and when things go wrong for whatever reason, go OOC and instantly be able to go as holy priest.

(For example)

All classes have their determining stat reduced to zero. Rogues lose all their energy, all mana users lose their mana, and warriors lose rage, with DKs losing runic energy. It's to ensure that you can't someone get out of combat real quick, switch specs, and then jump back into the fray. They made it a decision you must make before the fight occurs, not during.
    "We could kill everyone!"

"So what do you think?"

"I'm strangely comfortable with it"

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Brophius
    Any pally in a raid knows exactly what I'm talking about here; you just buffed the raid when you're asked to switch specs for the fight, so you switch specs. First of all you get the same treatment as every other class and go to 0 mana. But then you suddenly get 20 whisper spams "hey wtf kings me already noob" as suddenly your dual spec swap has wiped all the buffs you just threw. So that was a waste of 10 silver or w/e but mostly it's a huge freakin waste of time. Not only do I have to rebuff every class, I have to drink first to do so (possibly twice if you just switched to tank or ret).

Are pallys the only class with this pain in the ass buff wipe or do other classes get this as well? I get that you need to make so my Blessing of Sanctuary doesn't stay up if I switch specs, or that my Improved blessing of X is no longer improved, but what about the stuff that stays the same between both specs like non-talented wisdom or kings?!

Also it wipes our aura when we switch specs. And by the way, still waiting on auras persisting through death...
    Is's cos its the fast and easy way to code. They wanted to get dualspec live asap. Having to set properties for every single talent(buff) in order to devide those that are specspecific would take alot of time Guess they were well aware of it being clumpsy but thought they would fix it once dualspec got live. Of cos there are always more important stuff and this is hardly gamebreaking so it will probably stay this way forever, shitty as it is
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas454
    All classes have their determining stat reduced to zero. Rogues lose all their energy, all mana users lose their mana, and warriors lose rage, with DKs losing runic energy. It's to ensure that you can't someone get out of combat real quick, switch specs, and then jump back into the fray. They made it a decision you must make before the fight occurs, not during.
    oddly enough it dosn't reset death runes thou

15+ Year Old Account

stop pugging already

15+ Year Old Account

oddly enough it dosn't reset death runes thou
    DK's are indeed OP :P
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    DK's are indeed OP :P
    fa sho i mean 6 death runes just ruins everything

I'm always happy when there are 2 other paladins buffing Kings and Might/Wisdom.
    I'm not pugging, i'm a multitalent in my guild ;-)

Sometimes i tank them, sometimes i spank them
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Ok so in light of EVERYONE's buffs getting ganked away, I don't feel quite as bad. I was angry because I thought it was only wiping pally buffs.

Summary of this post topic:

Switching specs wipes buffs of all kinds and dumps you're "mana" bar. Just deal with it for now since Blizz has not addressed changing this any time soon, and has specifically planned the mana bar dump.

Imp. Might dropping off? Fine
    Imp. Wisdom dropping off? Fine
    Blessing of Sanctuary? Fine

But Kings?

It just doesn't make sense to me. Losing a talented buff is fine, since otherwise people would talent into buffs for their offspec, apply them, then change back to their mainspec for play. That's just wrong.

But Kings is baseline. There is no reason for it to drop off when you change specs.

It's annoying for sure, but I'm not losing sleep over it.