15+ Year Old Account

Help me decide which trinkets

I know ArP is not great for paladins. But I'm wondering what my best setup is for my 2 trinkets. I have Mirror of Truth, Fury of the Five Flights, and Grim Toll. I'm hit capped with any combo, so I'm really just looking at the ArP on Grim Toll. I also know that FotFF isn't a great trinket for Ulduar. And if I don't have Mirror equipped I drop slightly below 30% crit, 29.75%.

What 2 trinkets do you guys think I should use to have optimal dps in pve? My armory is not updated to my raid gear, but it shouldn't really matter as I have sort of explained my predicament.

Edit: All numbers are non-raid buffed.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Re: Help me decide which trinkets

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    I know ArP is not great for paladins. But I'm wondering what my best setup is for my 2 trinkets. I have Mirror of Truth, Fury of the Five Flights, and Grim Toll. I'm hit capped with any combo, so I'm really just looking at the ArP on Grim Toll. I also know that FotFF isn't a great trinket for Ulduar. And if I don't have Mirror equipped I drop slightly below 30% crit, 29.75%.

What 2 trinkets do you guys think I should use to have optimal dps in pve? My armory is not updated to my raid gear, but it shouldn't really matter as I have sort of explained my predicament.
    Mirror//FotFF if you're hit capped w/o grim toll.

ArP only affects CS, DS, and White attacks, the rest of it is holy damage, which means it affects less than half of our attacks, so it really isn't worth it when you can have a 1000AP proc instead, or a passive stack. And yes, your crit seems to be a little low (If you mean raid buffed)

15+ Year Old Account

The reason my questions about ArP come up, is because on WWS my physical swing attacks are my second highest dmg, on boss fights. Though I guess MoT//FotFF still benefits more. My WWS is from using MoT//FotFF.

The reason my questions about ArP come up, is because on WWS my physical swing attacks are my second highest dmg, on boss fights. Though I guess MoT//FotFF still benefits more. My WWS is from using MoT//FotFF.
    Though Seal//White are your highest damage, only buffing part of your damage has less of an effect than getting something that increases damage everywhere.

For example, +50 dps to white attacks, or +10 to CS,DS,Judge, Exo,Cons,Seal,White, etc.

Honestly, run Grim Toll and Mirror of Truth. FotFF sucks really bad in Ulduar. I picked it up just to test it and I was really unimpressed with it. Granted you will want to replace Grim Toll ASAP regardless. Pyrite Infuser is simply awesome if you can get your hands on it, Wrathstone is really nice as well, or the trinket from WG is good just for the sake of the Crit.

15+ Year Old Account

didn't think about the WG trinket, which one you talking about though? the Anvil of the Titans or the Discs? i forget which does what, at work atm. I can get either one by winning a WG, i got 22 marks atm.

why are you all saying fury sucks? the only fight i dont keep it at 20 is yogg, occasionally razorscale since he was nerfed, and mimiron inbetween phases. if hit capped i dont see a trinket better than it. however i do want to replace it with the pyrite of blood of the old god to stay hit capped and move other gear around.

that said, if you are hit capped or close to it go with fury and mirror, but do yourself a favor and mafe a greatness card and go fury/greatness.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

15+ Year Old Account

i'm definately saving for DMC:G, i need another 1,5k gold and im going to buy it. I picked up a BoE tanking ring from Ulduar, hopefully I can sell it and get mah golds to buy it. the Faire is in town soon huh?

i'm definately saving for DMC:G, i need another 1,5k gold and im going to buy it. I picked up a BoE tanking ring from Ulduar, hopefully I can sell it and get mah golds to buy it. the Faire is in town soon huh?
    Faire ENDS in two days

15+ Year Old Account

Why do you say FotFF is not good for ulduar?

It is still a good trinket in Ulduar. You may need to pay a bit more attention, and be smart in order to keep it up but really, 95% of the time it is not a problem. Sure there are one or two fights where you can switch in another trinket due to movement but for the most part you will have a good trinket in if you keep FotFF.

-Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Are you hit-capped with any hit gems in your gear?

If you have hit gems, i would use Grim Toll. Otherwise I'd run the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob002
    Are you hit-capped with any hit gems in your gear?

If you have hit gems, i would use Grim Toll. Otherwise I'd run the other two.

I'd rather gem for hit than use a terribad trinket for my hit cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson

BUT U R WAY OVER HITCAP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Babypost
    :
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Quote Originally Posted by Babypost

Not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson

Math is the most savage of monsters to state down, after all.

Eurytos, Grim Toll does nothing for retri paladins, the only reason you should take it is if you're not hit capped.
    Don't forget about expertise though ! I've seen a lot of retris not paying much attention to it, when it's one of the most important stats.
    Try and get Mark of Norgannon, the expertise/haste trinket from Malygos, if you can. (and combine it with DMC:G)
    “There is no right or wrong, only consequences.”
    -------------------------------------------------

Mirror/DC:G or FoFF/DC:G

/thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

With the trinket's you have available:
    -[Fury of the Five Flights]
    -[Mirror of Truth]

period.

Trinket's you should get or consider:
    -[Darkmoon Card: Greatness]
    -[Blood of the Old God] or [Pyrite Infuser] (If not hit-capped)
    -[Mjolnir Runestone]

Quote Originally Posted by Tentpole
    Trinket's you should get or consider:
    -[Darkmoon Card: Greatness]
    -[Blood of the Old God] or [Pyrite Infuser] (If not hit-capped)
    -[Mjolnir Runestone]