Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Thunderstorm! - Enh/Resto PvP and PvE

But if you were to take thunderstorm and make it a base skill... then i say we should take wolfs and make it a base line skill and replace it with windfury and take earth shield make that a base line skill and replace it with chain heal. That would solve every shamans pvp problem right? But really. This will never work or go live. Interesting idea. But if you do to one you must do to the others.

She hasn't come to crush your bones, nor tear your flesh.
    She has come to steal your sanity with just one glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley
    having the glyph add the knockback is much better, as it harms more as it helps knocking back multiple enemies in pve. i dont want to have to glyph into thunderstorm and sacrifice another glyph for it which would bring more dmg on the table.

nice idea i may add.
    no, its terrible idea to remove KB from TS, its called "utility", something eleshaman are lacking overall, if shaman is dumb and cant properly use it in raid, its his fault, but it has alot of other uses thanks to KB, i would say alot more than for aoeing purposes, sacrificing glyph for that IS the waste, thats just one of the reasons, why this change would completely suck for elementals, just another glyph in a pleiad of needed ones, not to mention, this change was voiced even in LK beta(!) and wasnt implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudits
    But if you were to take thunderstorm and make it a base skill... then i say we should take wolfs and make it a base line skill and replace it with windfury and take earth shield make that a base line skill and replace it with chain heal. That would solve every shamans pvp problem right? But really. This will never work or go live. Interesting idea. But if you do to one you must do to the others.
    qft, why should elementals want to even be nerfed just so the other 2 specs would get something, which isnt even that IWIN button anyway? its not like elementals are faceroll FotM spec...

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshocklate
    buffed LB=new faceroll=win
    as enhance and ele i would love having thunderstorm base line and make lava burst ele 51 talent enhance and restro dont use lava burst very much if at all besides pvp use
    from what universe do you come from?
    all our resto shamans are spamming lava bursts in heroics all the time just because our tanks doesnt loose any life

And I love my Thunderstorm being talented, makes sure that only elementals can knock back people and not ALL shamans so no, I do not like the idea of this change

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz

qft, why should elementals want to even be nerfed just so the other 2 specs would get something, which isnt even that IWIN button anyway? its not like elementals are faceroll FotM spec...

Yeah, because so much would change for Elemental? ??? It's not like Blizzard have to buff each specc when buffing one, for an example did they buff Affliction last patch? no. Sure Elemental isn't that much better atm, but it is the most viable one of the dps speccs for pvp right now.
    Removing the knockback was just an idea somebody had, lets say they wouldn't it could be good use in pve as resto for an example if you'd get an add pounding on you (not likely, but still...)

I made this thread to vent an idea from a quite long thread on the US forums, where most people said it would be a good change.

lol cuz 20k crits aren't buffed enough already? i got hit by a 15k one of these from an ENHANCEMENT SHAMAN
    i dnot know waht you´re smokin´ but i want some :

srsly, im enhance and im scratching with lightning bolt at 10k, which does much more damage than lava burst ( as enhance )

my guess would be that he was on your sight and received an mind-control buff ( there are some in raid-instances which increase your damage while overtaking if i remember correctly ).

please stay realistic.

"We're not doing much better than our other two specs. Why buff them while sidestepping us?"
    i doubt many here took it that way. it´s true that elemental isn´t quite there yet, just like us ( enh ). i think his point was that simply with those to skills switching places, enhance/resto would get many. if you´re against other trees of your class getting buffed simply because it´s no buff for you ( no nerf either ) is a bit egoistic, dont you think? and no one ever said that there shouldn´t be any buffs to elemental, at least that´s my opinion.

i dont really get that way of logic. while wolves/earth-shield would help any shaman-tree, i agree, windfury is the most basic damage-talent for enhancement shaman. it´s like you´re suggesting resto doesn´t get heals until lvl 60+ or giving elemental no lightning until 60+

you have an interesting way of thinkin´.. in a alarming kind of way
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

i doubt many here took it that way. it´s true that elemental isn´t quite there yet, just like us ( enh ). i think his point was that simply with those to skills switching places, enhance/resto would get many. if you´re against other trees of your class getting buffed simply because it´s no buff for you ( no nerf either ) is a bit egoistic, dont you think? and no one ever said that there shouldn´t be any buffs to elemental, at least that´s my opinion.
    no, the idea wasnt really to not nerf elementals, proposed change was to remove KB in the first place and give it back through glyph = nerf for elemental any way you look at it, and pointless change, since other 2 specs would have to use this glyph, too, for pvp, its not worth as an AoE spell anyway. and even if it stayed, this wouldnt fix elementals in any way and other specs, too, since TS ISNT that strong spell to really make a difference in pvp

i dont really get that way of logic. while wolves/earth-shield would help any shaman-tree, i agree, windfury is the most basic damage-talent for enhancement shaman. it´s like you´re suggesting resto doesn´t get heals until lvl 60+ or giving elemental no lightning until 60+
    no, its same logic. if an ultimate spell for our rotation should became talent instead of utility spell, then what is so different being ultimate shaman aoe heal talented instead of utility heal in form of ES? it isnt different, it would just simply helped alot pvp ele and enha shamans and EVEN helped resto for pvp, since CH is nonexistant in pvp and would free talent point/s

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    i got hit by a 15k one of these from an ENHANCEMENT SHAMAN

nice, 15k hit, screenshot plox

15+ Year Old Account

Heck i'd take Thunderstorm, would definitely help out group damage. That Glyph only takes away the knockback right? hmm if so do we really wanna get rid of a major glyph spot for that? or minor.. i have no idea i'm not ele :P

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

im ele... thunderstorm dosnt save you from jack sh** at ALL

perhaps if they changes it to like. Thunderstorm - Shaman calls down a bolt of lightning as well as a cliff energizing them and pushing players off the cliff. but untill that change goes live ( i know it will, i can feel it) then you really cant call TS "survivability"
    Currently writing the Shaman Manifesto. Will include QQ, e-peen blazes, nerfs, and lightning. God damn i love lightning.

Thunderstorm is only good for killin noobs at crusaders pinnical. lol.

make thunderstorm baseline shamistic rage baseline and mana tide totem baseline
    sham rage would help while stunned as a ele or restro thunderstorm would help as enhance to get the rogues off and restro for well just to get away
    mana tide would help enhance with mana even for the healers and ele for the reallllllly long fights

Quote Originally Posted by XeroXen TruSin
    im ele... thunderstorm dosnt save you from jack sh** at ALL

perhaps if they changes it to like. Thunderstorm - Shaman calls down a bolt of lightning as well as a cliff energizing them and pushing players off the cliff. but untill that change goes live ( i know it will, i can feel it) then you really cant call TS "survivability"
    yep, its just a dream vision, where TS is saving the day, IMO the older, Beta, version with high angle was much better, but even the current verion wouldnt be that bad, if they simply added 3-5s disarm, if this is our ultimate survivability spell, it should act as one, astral shift, EB roots and even forstshock are doing better job at that department imho, current TS is hardly worth it and im pretty sure if ele still have been ele/resto and they wouldnt ninjanerf EM/NS, alot of us would still pick NS over TS

15+ Year Old Account

[rant][QQ]
    Dont nerf me bro...having a glyph to apply how far my thunderstorm shall push back? NO
    Making Thunderstorm a baseline ability? NO! Ice Block being given to any-spec mage is bad enough...

The little more dps it would bring would be nice, since we're not really on top atm, sure we're hybrids, but look at catdruids! It would be especially nice on fights like Kologarn, hitting all parts of him."
    What? no?

As the last thing, this would make Elemental leveling a bit funnier, since we'll be getting LvB in level 60 instead of 75 Grin and everybody loves bursting people off cliffs, if I weren't an ugly cow I'd play Elemental only for that
    NO!Leveling Elemental was the best leveling experience i ever had. 3 shot things, never went oom, hell, even AoE grinded with chain lightning and magma totem.

This would be true gold for both Enhancement and Restoration PvP, as our biggest problem right now is survivability and mana. When getting stunlocked by a rogue or a retridin- Boom! giving us some precious time without damage and dealing some damage to the attacker
    The shammy should be facerolling the rogue.

PvE Elementals hardly use it, and right now PvP Elemental is the most viable.
    Ele shammys use it all the time, rather being oom, have to push adds back from a boss, or just using self rez or being battle rezzed.

All in all, no, just no, if this happens, earth shield should be a base line ability as well as spirit wolves...

[/rant][/QQ]

Quote Originally Posted by Snoogle
    IBasically: Switch LvB and Thunderstorm, making Thunderstorm a level 75 BASELINE ability and LvB the 51pt Elemental talent, or to give Elemental a new 51pointer and keep both of the spells as baseline.
    A thought about this was also to remove the pushback from Thunderstorm and make the glyph apply it.
    While I'd love to get Thunderstorm for all specs, it's not a good tradeoff to switch it with LvB, since this is often used by resto shamans in PvP to aid with a bit of dps between the heals.

Battlemaster Krystala || Flashbomba || Blitzerman
    Credit to Geekissexy for the awesome signature!