Curious if my dps is somewhat decent here, ?? target dummy.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ock&n=Defiance

Thats my armory, so if any suggestions (not already known) for helping increase dps as far as gear goes, let me know, however i have checked every possible ret paladin informational site known to man.

The reasoning of this thread is due to my main/old mainspec is/was prot but the guild needs me to be dps, so starting to do so, my average dps on the ?? dummy in Org is around 3100 dps is that decent or should i work on something else? For the dummy my attacks/rotation are as follows

CS > Judgement > DS > Consecration > Exorcism

Leaving out HoW since it is not always up and would basically inflate my DPS, now this test was done self buffed with Imp Might and ret aura.

Any suggestions/helpful comments would be appreciated. ;D

Re: Curious if my dps is somewhat decent here, ?? target dummy.

Are you on PvP Equip atm or do you Raid in that stuff?
    Anyways, 3100 DPS on the Heroic Training Dummy is a decent number.
    However, i can only give you advice if u post us a link to your Raid equipment.

Hahah, i forgot i had my pvp gear on, i will log out right now in PvE gear so you can take a look.

Hmm, how long does it take to update? I've been logged out for quite awhile now...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by defiancex
    Hmm, how long does it take to update? I've been logged out for quite awhile now...
    Log in, put on your PvE gear, and get into combat once (i.e. killa mobb or Critter).

The game will take into account that the last recorded battle server-side, and update accordingly.

Only thing I'd change in terms of your rotation is DS in front of Judgement due to your Libram. Cant remember for sure but DS may be in front of Judgement even without it. Your glyphs are correct. I'd probably drop the Kings minor and pick up Sense Undead just to be OP in Naxx for gear runs in your guild (should put you about 5% higher in Naxx than you were pre 3.1. Yay bad game mechanics). I cant comment on your spec really because its obvious you PvP and that's not my thing. 3.1 on a dummy, though a horrible indication of raid DPS, isn't horrible by any means.

that dps if fine, i don't know how long you tested for but when i go dummy's, i pull around 2.7-2.9k dps self-buffed. But in raids around 5.1k dps single-target w/o damage modifiers so imo for pallies, target dummies are horrible dps testers.

Was it the raid boss dummy sitting at 1% hp? Using Hammer of Wrath constantly will make your DPS sky rocket. Doesnt really matter. though your DPS on targets above 20% hp will be much lower (at least 1000 less) if your HoW crits for 6,000 everytime it hits, probably raid buffed. Mine in a few blues and purples crits for around 4.5k. Just theory-crafting, im probably DEAD wrong. but thats like the difference of a warrior using/not using execute.

See what your dps is using HoW and then record it without using HoW. Of course the wings glyph cuts the HoW CD in half for 20 seconds.

Recording rad approximately around 7-8 minutes, HoW was not used, as you see im my thread HoW does not exist in my current FCFS rotation due to it being a finisher and that would simply inflate my dps.

As far as the undead glyph, i don't need that to top numbers in naxx, and feel gimped outside of naxx lol.

There's no reason to feel gimped, LoH glyph is the only other glyph besides Sense Undead that actually matters. Go with it and anytime you see an Undead NPC, just smile.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I feel that 3.1k on a target dummy is a pretty good number. Target dummies for us rets never really gives a clear number anyway because we loose 3% damage against them (because of the talent Crusade and they are classed as mechanical, whereas most bosses fall under the Crusade category).

C
    x

Ahh, that makes perfect sense. Actually, there is 2 other glyphs, meh as they are, glyph of kings, so you don't go OOM while buffing the raid, and Glyph of Might, allows you to get 30 mins might off of the 10 minute one, think about it, if in a raid with 2-3 paladins and need to buff the pallies something like kings or wis, you can just might yourself since might is always better dps. =)